The Crystal Palace is back, now with a Spiderfarmer SE5000.

• Thread starter Dirtbag
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Madmax

Madmax

When i looked at your room little while ago db i was like yep i gotta get one but couldnt find one anywhere here...only something similar with flaps only in 4' but never had the perimeter piece..is there 2 pieces to it db or is it all in one...

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
When i looked at your room little while ago db i was like yep i gotta get one but couldnt find one anywhere here...only something similar with flaps only in 4' but never had the perimeter piece..is there 2 pieces to it db or is it all in one...
You're correct again, it's 2 pieces that you can see, the actual backflow preventer wth flappers is inside the wall, and there is a 10" flange attached to it which is flush mounted on the wall. Outside the wall I have about 6' of 10" ducting and a large filter box.

One of these

Connected to one of these

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Madmax

Madmax

Awesome...Thanks DB ...i dont know why i didnt asked you ages ago lol and saved myself days looking for it thinking it was just 1 piece .haha...you gave me an idea with the filter box on other side wall in shed .i will put a 4 tier shelve in and sit a reasonably sized speaker box for stealth so no one knows.i might baffle it so no light gets through...you got me thinking and all excited 😃.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Awesome...Thanks DB ...i dont know why i didnt asked you ages ago lol and saved myself days looking for it thinking it was just 1 piece .haha...you gave me an idea with the filter box on other side wall in shed .i will put a 4 tier shelve in and sit a reasonably sized speaker box for stealth so no one knows.i might baffle it so no light gets through...you got me thinking and all excited 😃.
Here is what this one looks like outside the wall. Pretty crude really, ducting leads to a repurposed plywood box with a 1900 furnace filter on it.

Ugly from outside
20190112 144804

But it's what's on the inside that counts.
20190212 002828

Madmax

Madmax

Haha...it dont look that bad.i like it...nothings getting through that filter.all i got is a 90 deg bend little bit of ducting with stocking over it 😃.was sitting in veg room tonite and watched a whitefly come through the vent..lol.you should of seen me swinging..

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Haha...it dont look that bad.i like it...nothings getting through that filter.all i got is a 90 deg bend little bit of ducting with stocking over it 😃.was sitting in veg room tonite and watched a whitefly come through the vent..lol.you should of seen me swinging..
Even I thought I went a bit overboard sealing it up, but it works. Every joint and swivel point on the ducting was caulked with silicone and then tuck taped over. Absolutely nothing getting in from my intake.
The front door on the other hand lol. Seems almost every other time I go in there, some flying fucker follows me in and I do the hand clapping dance, chasing it down to smoosh it. And I never give up until I've got my bug.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I think I need to rewatch the whole series now.
it's uncanny how well they captured the culture of Albuquerque in that show, all the way down to how Pinkman acts (damn near every white boy that grows up there acts like him for a bit -- speaking 100% from experience having grown up there).

Tried to get my ol lady to watch it, we made it like halfway through season 3 and she was so pissed at Skyler and Walter that she simply won't finish the series. I keep telling her she needs to finish it, she'll feel vindicated, and then can feel good watching El Camino, but nope. She hates Skyler's "cheating whore face" and the fact that Walter is a "stupid lying deadbeat asshole." All of which is true, but it's definitely a hallmark of the quality of the show that it can evoke so much emotion through the character quality.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for life🌱
Supporter
Breaking bad is great tv. One of the best. The best shows are always the ones where there is no real protagonist.
better call @Dirtbag 😂
Saul was my favourite character, now we have a great prequel👍👍

Anthem

Anthem

it's uncanny how well they captured the culture of Albuquerque in that show, all the way down to how Pinkman acts (damn near every white boy that grows up there acts like him for a bit -- speaking 100% from experience having grown up there).

Tried to get my ol lady to watch it, we made it like halfway through season 3 and she was so pissed at Skyler and Walter that she simply won't finish the series. I keep telling her she needs to finish it, she'll feel vindicated, and then can feel good watching El Camino, but nope. She hates Skyler's "cheating whore face" and the fact that Walter is a "stupid lying deadbeat asshole." All of which is true, but it's definitely a hallmark of the quality of the show that it can evoke so much emotion through the character quality.
I hear the big thing for tourist is to buy a pizza and go by the house that they filmed at. Walter Whites house and throw the pizza on the roof. I understand the people that live at the house deal with it like on a nightly bases and are kind of kicking themselves in the ass for renting the house to the film company in the first place.

tobh

tobh

Supporter
I hear the big thing for tourist is to buy a pizza and go by the house that they filmed at. Walter Whites house and throw the pizza on the roof. I understand the people that live at the house deal with it like on a nightly bases and are kind of kicking themselves in the ass for renting the house to the film company in the first place.
yeah... it's a bit of a problem for them. IIRC the owners that had it when the show was shot actually sold the place a couple years ago because of it. Between the pizza throwers and the tourists from all over the world showing up for a tour. Imagine how fucked up it would be, constantly having randoms show up to tour your house just because it was in a TV show? nevermind having to clean up pizza constantly.

It's in a beautiful neighborhood, and the influx of traffic caused all kinds of problems. A buddy of mine used to live in an apartment a couple blocks from that house and it was crazy how much the traffic increased in what was a quiet neighborhood before the show started.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
I can always get a better sense of the plants health by taking pics in the dark with the flash. These are looking pretty good, plants on the right are growing a bit more now that I've increased the light on the sf4000 and the canopy seems to be leveling off. Food ppm looks about right, not going any higher until they grow a fair bit though.
They're already kicking out side branches like crazy since the topping on Sat.
20211115 145948
20211115 145957
20211115 145447

Johnlandy420

Johnlandy420

Supporter
Even I thought I went a bit overboard sealing it up, but it works. Every joint and swivel point on the ducting was caulked with silicone and then tuck taped over. Absolutely nothing getting in from my intake.
The front door on the other hand lol. Seems almost every other time I go in there, some flying fucker follows me in and I do the hand clapping dance, chasing it down to smoosh it. And I never give up until I've got my bug.
Hey Dirt, not trying to hijack but question..
Have you ever spent any time optimizing a recipe for a specific strain based on temp, lights, and CO2? If so, how long did it take you? Was it worth it? Im talking like 80 degrees, 1500 ppm plus, and 50,000 plus lumen. Studies in Mississippi might be on a bonk strain, but lots of good results pushing 80 degrees. Obviously you are really toeing the line with these parameters but eventually every strain will have said recipe. Appreciate your input!

Johnny

tobh

tobh

Supporter
Hey Dirt, not trying to hijack but question..
Have you ever spent any time optimizing a recipe for a specific strain based on temp, lights, and CO2? If so, how long did it take you? Was it worth it? Im talking like 80 degrees, 1500 ppm plus, and 50,000 plus lumen. Studies in Mississippi might be on a bonk strain, but lots of good results pushing 80 degrees. Obviously you are really toeing the line with these parameters but eventually every strain will have said recipe. Appreciate your input!

Johnny
that used to be quite a thing back when there were a lot more big growers on forums. people that would run a cut for years, get to know its exact needs and wants through every single stage of growth. it just takes time.

one could apply some algorithmic thinking to the process and divide and conquer with multiple rooms, and enough tooling. Instead of taking a couple years to get n runs under your belt with a particular cut, you could likely cut it down to a year or less to know exactly what is optimum to really push a given strain. Is it really worth it in the scheme of things? sure, i guess. not sure there would be a significant return on investment though. sure would be some bragging rights to say you've got a plant dialed in, not just an environment.

Top Bottom