The Cube

• Thread starter nobodyy
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Jerry354

Shared my cube keeper with " a friend" now i find out its being whored out for money. Id rather it be extinct![/QUOuTE]
Here is one situation that I dealt with directly that you could possibly adopt as a status quo when it comes to your genetics.

Local growers from a town called Girdwood (in Alaska) had a rule when it came to their strains. Their 2 main strains were Alaskaberry (a 25 year old original blueberry phenotype) and BOBO (original lemon skunk phenotype)

They would charge a strain fee of $350 for the first clone and $15 each for additional clones of the same exact strain.

J

Jerry354

We need to start a thread that discusses extinct strains, and how through breeding, they can be recreated. We also need to downplay these unproven strains, and get back to breeding landrace genetics.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
We need to start a thread that discusses extinct strains, and how through breeding, they can be recreated. We also need to downplay these unproven strains, and get back to breeding landrace genetics.
Indeed. There are a lot of unstable lines out there as a lot of folks are just chuckin and not really working a line past f1/f2 and then out the door. Tag me if you start that thread you were talkn about.

A_j_207

A_j_207

We were just talking about this elsewhere. A breeder had aquired an old williams wnder cut. He was blown away by the amount of likes. I had the opinion that folks are craving those old lines that were back in the day when everything didnt have breath, og or cookies attached to the name. All these cubes are is starfighter cubed. Its the same gentics just brought deeper. There hasnt been any other genetics injected. So, wouldnt they be considered at least a partially worked line. Im getting minor variances across the board on evrry pheno. So to say its just a chucked hybrid is a bit misleading.

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
We were just talking about this elsewhere. A breeder had aquired an old williams wnder cut. He was blown away by the amount of likes. I had the opinion that folks are craving those old lines that were back in the day when everything didnt have breath, og or cookies attached to the name. All these cubes are is starfighter cubed. Its the same gentics just brought deeper. There hasnt been any other genetics injected. So, wouldnt they be considered at least a partially worked line. Im getting minor variances across the board on evrry pheno. So to say its just a chucked hybrid is a bit misleading.
I think you took what I said the wrong way bro. The cube was bred by Mike or someone in his clan and exgen doesnt fit the description of a chucker. They actually work and stabilize a line. I was talking about the random wanna be breeders that cross some once and dont really work the line and stablize it before they want to make money with it. I wasn't referring to the Cube.

I hope that clears it up. :)

J

Jerry354

It is so funny that you mention Williams Wonder, because I do have history with one of the strongest phenotypes of that line. It had to be 1999 or 2000, again in Alaska, when I first saw this legendary strain. My buddy told me that this was his dads strain, also this phenotype has been alive for 25 years, along with telling me that this Williams Wonder was a phenotype of the original Matanuska Thunderfuck.

dat130ysmurf

dat130ysmurf

none made it above the soil, all died, that sucks, glad i have 2 more packs, hope to have better luck next time....

dat130ysmurf

dat130ysmurf

do you have your methos down or are you open to suggestion?
open to suggestion, but most of everything else popped and came above dirt.... i put down 78 seeds total from several different breeders, just had bad luck with that pack of the cube and a 5 pack of strawberry diesel x space queen from tga

dat130ysmurf

dat130ysmurf

this is what all got dropped.... I'll post an update of what did and didn't make it above ground... need to get a journal on a different thread goin...
The cube, 10 of 12
Nightmare cookies 15 of 15
Purple wookie 13 of 14
strawberry d x sq 4 of 5
meltdown 9 of 11
blue steel 11 of 11
scrumdiddlyumptious 7 of 10......
scrumpdiddlyumptious was last to pop...after 3 days of being in a paper towel, they were the only ones not popped... i scuffed them and put them back in the paper towel for 2 days, they still didn't pop, so i cracked them and put them back in the paper towel and the next day they opened....

Latest posts

Top Bottom