The Cup Grow Off Official Banter Thread

• Thread starter DrMcSkunkins
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
justiceman

justiceman

I just figure if she drinks X amount of water a day I could just pour that amount in a bowl and let it set in it to keep me from under watering, watering more than once a day is gonna get me some dried out coco and dead roots sooner or later Im afraid.
Soon I'll have to rig something up or just poor the extra water in a saucer like you said. I'll be gone for 2 days at a wedding. Hopefully letting her sit in feed for that long will be fine. We'll see! Or I could just bring her along for the ride lmao.

jipp

jipp

Soon I'll have to rig something up or just poor the extra water in a saucer like you said. I'll be gone for 2 days at a wedding. Hopefully letting her sit in feed for that long will be fine. We'll see! Or I could just bring her along for the ride lmao.
the saucer works real well. no way could i keep this plant alive with out in this desert. hah or maybe its just drinks a lot i dunno.

chris.

Buddaone1

Buddaone1

sry guys I got busy and couldn't participate. Between borg and overcrowding it didn't seem fit to bring a yungin up in those conditions plus I don't wanna miss out on having a great pheno to stay (clone off clone off clone is how I do and have done for yrs). When are we doing the clone solo cup challenge?

jipp

jipp

i had to lollipop the solo.. it was as losing fucking battle trying to keep the bottom growth healthy because of lack of light the fucking sink is just out of control with such a little root system. hah.. so i lollipop her so now i have a chance to save her. so just clipped the petiole at the epidermises layer of the stem. hah, man it sounds so stupid to use big words to get ones point across. hah.
IMG 2165   Copy

IMG 2166   Copy

yeah man i cut the leafs off at the stock.
i do not think i have a chance keeping her alive as she gets taller.. but maybe with more light, she will surprise me. still fucking with feeding.. i can say iv never over feed a plant yet.. about the only fuck up iv not done.

maybe showing sex i cant see good enough, eyes still healing or at least i hope so.

IMG 2171   Copy
IMG 2170   Copy

rock on.

i did this last week iguess.

also if you UV burn your tips, you waste 3 nodes of leafs. laughs :(
IMG 1907   Copy

no clue how iv kept it alive this long to be frank ! laughs,
bowl up friends hope you all are having a splendid day. im doing good my self.
chris.

Last edited:
incogneato

incogneato

i had to lollipop the solo.. it was as losing fucking battle trying to keep the bottom growth healthy because of lack of light the fucking sink is just out of control with such a little root system. hah.. so i lollipop her so now i have a chance to save her. so just clipped the petiole at the epidermises layer of the stem. hah, man it sounds so stupid to use big words to get ones point across. hah.
View attachment 696947
View attachment 696948
i do not think i have a chance keeping her alive as she gets taller.. but maybe with more light, she will surprise me. still fucking with feeding.. i can say iv never over feed a plant yet.. about the only fuck up iv not done.

maybe showing sex i cant see good enough, eyes still healing or at least i hope so.

View attachment 696950 View attachment 696949
rock on.

View attachment 696951
chris.
You're rocking that thing for being a new grower bro! If you up potted that thing she would explode!

jipp

jipp

You're rocking that thing for being a new grower bro! If you up potted that thing she would explode!
hey man if you do not starve your plants of oxygen, they reward you with kick ass rapid growth, and also put of a nice smelly kush aroma for ya to let you know they are happy. by noon man my soil was to hot for them to get oxygen,.. so iv starved my plants of light, food, now oxygen.. im a asshole. laughs.

but i tell you this now... their calvin cycle kong foo is strong yo!

chris.

justiceman

justiceman

View attachment 696947
View attachment 696948

View attachment 696950 View attachment 696949
rock on.

View attachment 696951
chris.
@incogneato is right you are doing so well for a new grower. It's awesome!

You have it! That shit is going to win. Very nice!
Remember we still habe photo contenders...
Thank you for the encouragement! but this contest is FAR over my friend. The Dr is right! I just happened to be on the ball and popped an auto flower seed at the very beginning so although it may seem I'm ahead it really doesn't matter in the long run until the vote happens. I'm sure there are going to be plenty of awesome girls flowering soon especially with the various training methods I've been seeing.

That being said I am super excited how she is coming along. This is my second auto and they are pretty damn fun I must say.

StarsBuds

StarsBuds

Hi Everyone
Sorry for the last post I've been in trim jail for a min. Here is my girl going strong she wants out of that cup though. Beast love the picks stay lifted I'm on StarDelta9 u tube if u want sub me up uploads daily
Stay Lifted my friends & THC family

IMG 4368
IMG 4369
justiceman

justiceman

Yes soil. Question, my buddy grows in coco, should he use compost tea often? Maybe stop with nutes and keep his coco filled with active compost products?Teas and mykos and some calcarb

I'm of the school of thought that compost teas are not necessary in coco as far as nutrient availability goes however I do believe that they can potentially keep the root zone healthy and efficient therefore keeping them able to suck up all the super available hydroponic nutrients.

Do I use compost tea in coco? I don't, but I certainly could without ill effects. If I were to use it I would maybe be only once a week as kind of a health tonic you could say, and I wouldn't even consider stopping the nutrients until flush time. Coco needs constant nutrients to maintain a consistent pH/EC and to keep it full of calcium and magnesium.

One can't replace nutrients with compost tea in coco, because there are no organic inputs that the beneficial bacteria/fungi can break down into nutrition for the plant.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
My plants love when I give them tea in coco, 1 cup worm castings or compost blended in a smoothie maker, 30ml of GH vegan blend with kelp alfalfa etc, 5 tsp of unsulphered molasses, and a scoop of great white in a 5 gallon bucket of water bubbled overnight. When you use it you can notice a growth spurt in a few days and the plants really green up and look happy.
I try to feed a tea every few weeks in veg and once near the end of stretch.

Smerb

Smerb

I'm of the school of thought that compost teas are not necessary in coco as far as nutrient availability goes however I do believe that they can potentially keep the root zone healthy and efficient therefore keeping them able to suck up all the super available hydroponic nutrients.

Do I use compost tea in coco? I don't, but I certainly could without ill effects. If I were to use it I would maybe be only once a week as kind of a health tonic you could say, and I wouldn't even consider stopping the nutrients until flush time. Coco needs constant nutrients to maintain a consistent pH/EC and to keep it full of calcium and magnesium.

One can't replace nutrients with compost tea in coco, because there are no organic inputs that the beneficial bacteria/fungi can break down into nutrition for the plant.
With this small range of products, it has almost everything for growing.
IMG 6791
The mykos...................

Smerb

Smerb

My plants love when I give them tea in coco, 1 cup worm castings or compost blended in a smoothie maker, 30ml of GH vegan blend with kelp alfalfa etc, 5 tsp of unsulphered molasses, and a scoop of great white in a 5 gallon bucket of water bubbled overnight. When you use it you can notice a growth spurt in a few days and the plants really green up and look happy.
I try to feed a tea every few weeks in veg and once near the end of stretch.
Our local hydro store makescompost tea 24-7. Ten buck$ for 5 gallons, bring your own bucket, with lid. I use tea as much as possible.

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Our local hydro store makescompost tea 24-7. Ten buck$ for 5 gallons, bring your own bucket, with lid. I use tea as much as possible.
My local hydro store is 150 or so miles away, and they have never had everything I needed when I went. They would probably laugh in my face if I asked if they had compost tea, or just stare blankly...

Smerb

Smerb

My local hydro store is 150 or so miles away, and they have never had everything I needed when I went. They would probably laugh in my face if I asked if they had compost tea, or just stare blankly...
Sucks ass! I would really hate that, I mean that's where these guys should be shining. Selling REAL products for us.

Latest posts

Top Bottom