The Dope Shed.

• Thread starter CallmeTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Yield report for science. Right at 2.5 potatoes from this round utilizing around 1200 watts. Here's a pic with the plants data. I'm for sure going to be running lots of the Ceasar #2 in the future, as she has great overall qualities and pure OG funk. The KK#8 in the 5 gal had the most filled out root system of them all, but not what I would call fully colonized. Excited about the current round in 3 gals.
Harvest weights

100 6215
bicky studs

bicky studs

the definition of organic has been so degraded in the last 20years its a joke.
these days its slap a sticker on ur mailbox and everything on ur property is 100% organic:cry:

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Tex said.... :)

The goal for me is to stay 100% organic and grow as much meds as possible.... :)

Me too man..... me too. :)

Well when I started the journal I was 100% organic, up until about page 7-8 (not sure). Anyhow I switched to coco, and am rocking it strait salty dog style now. Running Jacks 3-2-1 with mammoth p and recharge every once in a while. Don't want to mislead anyone. :mushtache:

bicky studs

bicky studs

Well when I started the journal I was 100% organic, up until about page 7-8 (not sure). Anyhow I switched to coco, and am rocking it strait salty dog style now. Running Jacks 3-2-1 with mammoth p and recharge every once in a while. Don't want to mislead anyone. :mushtache:
no misleading that wasnt implying anything about ur grow!! just making an observation about "organic"
ur shed was boomin before. and the roofs on :fire: now.
so wats ur opinion on the coco m8?
u already know mine.
you had soil under the same setup...i think some same plants too...
seems you keep track of everything well so you should have some interesting comparisons.
we know coco is turbo but how much faster.... yields etc...
no hurry just wen ya got time m8:badboy:

stiffneck

stiffneck

Haha. I'm slow. I should learn to control my urges to post... well at least until I have read more and have the full story. :)

And.... I am interested in the comparisons if you have them. Record keeping is something I need to work on.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

no misleading that wasnt implying anything about ur grow!! just making an observation about "organic"
u already know mine.
seems you keep track of everything well so you should have some interesting comparisons.

Man, i need to get back to work. I'll go into some detail tonight maybe. Thanks for the positive words my friend.

stiffneck

stiffneck

Water comes in on the right. -It passes through the filter -T's upward to the veg room. -Then t's downward toward the flowering solenoid, and to a manual valve for compost tea and such.
View attachment 740925
Into the veg room with valves to regulate the flow.
View attachment 740926
Half inch drip irigation mainline with 1/4" solid tubing, coupled with 360 degree adjustable sprayers. They work decent.
View attachment 740927 Each line feeds 8 plants and can be adjusted according to its needs. For instance the plants that are ripening currently are using a lot less water.
View attachment 740928
Distribution
View attachment 740929 Solid 1/4" tube t's into some 1/4" drip line. About 8 emitters per plant.
View attachment 740930
Looks like its working on day 46 of flowering for these girls
View attachment 740931

This is just plain bad ass.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

u already know mine.

So as far as differences between coco and TLO, here are some of my preliminary thoughts on it:
Because I did use such a large container 10gal, the root systems never did completely fill the container. Because of this the growth was more like soil but slightly faster vegetative growth (first 3 weeks stretch). Also started bloom with smaller plants than normal, which is why overall yield is low.
Pros:
-Higher yield, by 10% (considering plant size) for instance the Ceasar plants had a larger frame on the seedling run, but only yielded between 125-150. Coco run was between 150-200.
-Was easier to manage the nutrients feeding directly vs. mixing organic soil. Cheaper as well.
-Frost was just as strong as previous runs.:fire:
-Taste is just as good as previous runs. Nobody can tell the difference.
Cons:
-Smell not quite as potent as previous runs. (Most likely due to not letting it hang dry long enough) I'll have a better idea of whats up on this next batch.
-Fungus gnats are still a problem, both coco and organic soil.

Shots of Ceasar #2
100 6230

100 6232

Kimbo #8
100 6236

100 6238

Top Bottom