The Dope Shed.

• Thread starter CallmeTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I ended up re configuring the first cob setup I put together into the 2 rows of 4 cobs. The outside rail measurements are 40''x 16''. It is super simple to put these aluminum frames together. Check out the rows...
The fixture at the end is the 3-2-3 configuration with about 15'' between cobs. These 8 cobs are powered by 2 hlg 320s 2100mA. Making it around a 640watt fixture. Great for a 4x4.
100 5745

100 5746

I've got at least one more light to build to be able to utilize the whole flowering space which is about 14'x4' flowering space. I'm thinking about using 4 quantum boards with a 600 w driver. Does anyone know a good place to buy qb's with their heat sinks?

sixstring

sixstring

I ended up re configuring the first cob setup I put together into the 2 rows of 4 cobs. The outside rail measurements are 40''x 16''. It is super simple to put these aluminum frames together. Check out the rows...
The fixture at the end is the 3-2-3 configuration with about 15'' between cobs. These 8 cobs are powered by 2 hlg 320s 2100mA. Making it around a 640watt fixture. Great for a 4x4.
View attachment 725143
View attachment 725144

I've got at least one more light to build to be able to utilize the whole flowering space which is about 14'x4' flowering space. I'm thinking about using 4 quantum boards with a 600 w driver. Does anyone know a good place to buy qb's with their heat sinks?

Ya gotta go right to the hlg website and message them to see whats in stock.it always says sold out but sometimes they have stuff because orders get canceled or they just held back a few for whatever reason.100 to 115w per board is plenty bright and easy on the chips and heatsinks.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Ya gotta go right to the hlg website and message them to see whats in stock.it always says sold out but sometimes they have stuff because orders get canceled or they just held back a few for whatever reason.100 to 115w per board is plenty bright and easy on the chips and heatsinks.
Thanks sixstring, that's good to know because I rarely message companies like this. I shall hit them up most hastily. I posted a new thread in the led forum to ask the same question. Thinking about using the same components as the HLG 550 and just spacing them a little different.

Too stoned must.
stop. typing..

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Killer setup! My friend has what I think is the same exact kind of shed. I showed him yours and told him to build it like that. Nice lights too.

Right on Farmer P, the shed I have is 15'6'' L and 11'8''W on the interior before I insulated and dry walled. I build the divider wall to give the flowering side 6'2'', and it has been plenty of space to get around. Hope this helps.

OldManRiver

OldManRiver

Yeah i used to strip alot of my stuff around the 20 day mark and also noticed it took longer to trim and no noticeable weight dif.just alot more work on the plants during flower
I've never been a believer on defoliation. It just makes sense to me that the fan leaves are the energy factory for the plant, and I've never seen conclusive evidence of a benefit. The measurements above support my belief. Plus, I'm just lazy. :-)

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Could it be that benefits come when feeding chelated nutrients so that plants can absorb nutrients directly. Thus needing less leaves to convert sugars into energy? Looks like some people are doing well with it. Could be they would yield the same without doing defoliation too.

I still think plucking a few leaves on really dense plants is good too. I like to lollipop small branches or any crossing branches week 2-3 of flower. Seems like just letting them do their thing after that is the way to go when running organic. Have you fellas seen miami.mango in insta?

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Just pulled the trigger on the next lamp setup. Looks like its going to be 4 QB 288 @3000k, paired with the HGL 480 2100mA. It is basically going to be the same setup as the HLG 550 with a little different spacing. I'm pretty pumped for some strange new lighting...

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Here are some shots from tonight.
4 plants filling out this 4x4. Really liking the full canopy.
100 5768

Looking the other way in flow room.
100 5753

As soon as I get the next light built, there will be 2 rows of plants with 16 plants total. Harvesting 8 plants every 4-5 weeks and having big bushy vegetative plants ready to take there place. Here are the 8 that are going in next round, with about 3-4 weeks left to veg.
3 Moon Dawg, 4 Kimbo #5, and 1 Deep Blue x Smelly Cherry (probably my last run unless I change my mind)
100 5751

MD stacking well.
100 5770

Kimbo's day 7 or 8 of flower
100 5761

Guess that is it for now:smoking:

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

100 5783

100 5790
Day 46 on these Kimbos, and they are almost ready. Chits cracy mang
100 5785

100 5789

100 5788

The 4x4 of MD and KK#5 is developing quite nicely. I measured the canopy today while I was hanging the new light and they are leaning into the aisle a little, about 4.5' deep.

100 5787

100 5780
GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
IMG 20170817 190318 581
CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Sweet updates man.so how big is the new qb light and what kind of spacing did you use on that frame? Looks like the driver fits in there perfect.i have that same driver just sitting here waiting for me to use it lol.
Thanks Six, the outside measurement for the frame is 32''x 22". I didn't design for the driver and I ended up riveting some u-channel aluminum to the cross braces and bolting it on to the u-channel. Mounting the driver took more time than anything. lol, kept flipping it different ways and trying to get it to fit. I like the spacing on the QB boards and that is what counts.

@GT21 fucking love Bubbles.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

@sixstring I'm actually not sure on the spacing between the boards. I'll have to get a measurement next time I'm in there. I saw the Par map for the HLG 550 and decided I would space them a little further apart to spread any hot spots. Now there are around 2400 watts covering the 14'x4' flowering space. Pretty pumped on the new QBs, does anyone know a good par meter?

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Thanks Six, the outside measurement for the frame is 32''x 22". I didn't design for the driver and I ended up riveting some u-channel aluminum to the cross braces and bolting it on to the u-channel. Mounting the driver took more time than anything. lol, kept flipping it different ways and trying to get it to fit. I like the spacing on the QB boards and that is what counts.

@GT21 fucking love Bubbles.
Youre killin it bro

sixstring

sixstring

@sixstring I'm actually not sure on the spacing between the boards. I'll have to get a measurement next time I'm in there. I saw the Par map for the HLG 550 and decided I would space them a little further apart to spread any hot spots. Now there are around 2400 watts covering the 14'x4' flowering space. Pretty pumped on the new QBs, does anyone know a good par meter?

I have the quantum par meter from hydrofarms for like 130 bucks and i like it alot.it does what i need and after seeing a bunch of tests its within a few points of the expensive meters like licor ect.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Sweet updates man.so how big is the new qb light and what kind of spacing did you use on that frame? Looks like the driver fits in there perfect.i have that same driver just sitting here waiting for me to use it lol.
So there are 7" spacing in-between the boards on width, and 7 1/2" spacing on the length. With the outside measurement of 32'' x 22''.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

In hopes to spend less time with the watering can I set this up last week. The filter is a single stage carbon filter, with a solenoid for veg and flower. Still gauging the watering and need to setup my timers, but I should get that done soon. Hadn't had any problem with the water so far. As far as the plumbing goes, when having problems with getting a threaded fitting to seal I recommend using tape then dope. That is 2 wraps of teflon tape and then a thick layer of plumbers dope should solve some problems. :cool:
100 5806

Also set up this C02 controller the other day and it works great. Only one problem.. The LEDs on the display are hella bright during the night cycle, but foil tape does pretty well to solve the issue.
100 5811

Flow room on the flip flop. Harvest 8 plants and then transplant 8 the next day.

100 5807

100 5808

100 5809

Top Bottom