The Dope Shed.

• Thread starter CallmeTex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

In hopes to spend less time with the watering can I set this up last week. The filter is a single stage carbon filter, with a solenoid for veg and flower. Still gauging the watering and need to setup my timers, but I should get that done soon. Hadn't had any problem with the water so far. As far as the plumbing goes, when having problems with getting a threaded fitting to seal I recommend using tape then dope. That is 2 wraps of teflon tape and then a thick layer of plumbers dope should solve some problems. :cool:
View attachment 739733

Also set up this C02 controller the other day and it works great. Only one problem.. The LEDs on the display are hella bright during the night cycle, but foil tape does pretty well to solve the issue.
View attachment 739741
Flow room on the flip flop. Harvest 8 plants and then transplant 8 the next day.

View attachment 739742

View attachment 739743

View attachment 739744

DUDE! I love everything your doing! keep it coming man!!

Cityfarmin

Cityfarmin

Thanks man. I had to tie up some branches on the Kimbo girls today. She's giving up the ghost on day 44. Still has clear trichs though, so I'm going to take them to 56.

Got 4 Ceasar seedlings and 3 Kimbo seedings outgrowing my veg room currently, pumped to run them on the next round.
thats sick!! my ladies are durban poison, both starting to look really good, keep em in soil at 6.7-6.8 with HPS 400w and then in my veg room i have 600w led full spec with GG4, Green Cookies and a random strain I bought called LUSH, any idea?

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

thats sick!! my ladies are durban poison, both starting to look really good, keep em in soil at 6.7-6.8 with HPS 400w and then in my veg room i have 600w led full spec with GG4, Green Cookies and a random strain I bought called LUSH, any idea?
Thats a nice lineup you're working on there.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Don't know if anyone has asked the question. What types of nutes and additives are you using? I see organic and red wigglers, and with that quality we got to know :)

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Don't know if anyone has asked the question. What types of nutes and additives are you using? I see organic and red wigglers, and with that quality we got to know :)

Well it's pretty simple really. I started with a recipe from Rev's TLO book, and it has just evolved to what I can find locally. I buy a really nice flowering 6-8-4 fertilizer mix from a local store. It has alfalfa meal, bone, rabbit manure, and other good shit in it. Honestly as long as you have a nice blend of nutrients with good variety, it works well when you compost/cook it. I also like using peat moss as a base for the low ph, then compost, perilite, and the fertilizer blend, plus homemade worm castings. I make the compost myself so it is better than most store bought.

For the remix, I add in the 6-8-4 fert, gypsum, crushed oyster shell, and neem meal at about 1 cup per each per 10 gallons of remixed soil. I add in fresh compost whenever I can too. Moisten and let it cook in trash barrels for at least 60 days. I use this same soil mix for seedlings, fresh cuts, all the way through flowering. Sometimes I add Alaskan fish and molasses but I find it unnecessary. Whenever I transplant I dust with mycos, and I was using Recharge until recently when I ran out. Don't know if it made that much difference.

MirrorZen

MirrorZen

Well it's pretty simple really. I started with a recipe from Rev's TLO book, and it has just evolved to what I can find locally. I buy a really nice flowering 6-8-4 fertilizer mix from a local store. It has alfalfa meal, bone, rabbit manure, and other good shit in it. Honestly as long as you have a nice blend of nutrients with good variety, it works well when you compost/cook it. I also like using peat moss as a base for the low ph, then compost, perilite, and the fertilizer blend, plus homemade worm castings. I make the compost myself so it is better than most store bought.

For the remix, I add in the 6-8-4 fert, gypsum, crushed oyster shell, and neem meal at about 1 cup per each per 10 gallons of remixed soil. I add in fresh compost whenever I can too. Moisten and let it cook in trash barrels for at least 60 days. I use this same soil mix for seedlings, fresh cuts, all the way through flowering. Sometimes I add Alaskan fish and molasses but I find it unnecessary. Whenever I transplant I dust with mycos, and I was using Recharge until recently when I ran out. Don't know if it made that much difference.
Beautiful, I'm sure your bud tastes as good as they look! Well done, sir.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Water comes in on the right. -It passes through the filter -T's upward to the veg room. -Then t's downward toward the flowering solenoid, and to a manual valve for compost tea and such.
100 5806

Into the veg room with valves to regulate the flow.
100 5803

Half inch drip irigation mainline with 1/4" solid tubing, coupled with 360 degree adjustable sprayers. They work decent.
100 5819
Each line feeds 8 plants and can be adjusted according to its needs. For instance the plants that are ripening currently are using a lot less water.
100 5831

Distribution
100 5834
Solid 1/4" tube t's into some 1/4" drip line. About 8 emitters per plant.
100 5841

Looks like its working on day 46 of flowering for these girls
100 5843

Irietime

Irietime

Here's a shot from today, crop is at 54 days and the PS is coming down Tuesday.
View attachment 684168
Not a very uniform canopy on this run, but the buds are tight and full. Just what the doctor ordered...
View attachment 684169
This mangled mess of MD will go another week.
View attachment 684170
Built this 6 citi cob earlier this week. Its the timber kit, and I highly recommend timber for someone that wants to get into cob lighting, but doesn't want to do tons of research and source all the parts. The kit is super easy color coded.
View attachment 684171

Thats all for now. If y'all want anymore in depth info on any aspect of this grow just let me know?
What sqft does your 6 light cover? How much would a four light cover? Thanks! Your doing some beautiful grows with these lights!

Irietime

Irietime

Purple Storm hangin and swangin.
View attachment 686757

These are the Kimbo Kush F2's I'm testing. The journal for these is in the exotic sub forum. They've been extremely vigorous in flower and the clones I've taken are vegging very fast. I'm excited to see what late flower is going to look like.
View attachment 686758
Kimbos Day 23
View attachment 686759
Sensi Star @ dsy 23 doing real well under the 2100mA cobs.
View attachment 686761
It's early to tell, but to me the growth rate in the coco is faster than the growth I've been getting from my Peat/Compost/Perilite/wormcastings mix. The goal for me is to stay 100% organic and grow as much meds as possible, so definantly going to experiment more with the organic coco...\

Here's a shot of my new veg rig. 300 watt rig, turned down to about 200 watts to veg a 2x4 tray!
View attachment 686764
I think this post just answered my question on what sqft the six light will cover. I need two of those six lights and I'll be set like a straight laced gangster!:cool:

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I think this post just answered my question on what sqft the six light will cover. I need two of those six lights and I'll be set like a straight laced gangster!:cool:
Heck yes, Irietime. 12 cobs for a 4x4 would be enough to flower with IMO. You could probably get away with 2 x 4 cob bars @ 400watts for veg. Depends on the head space too. I wanted the benefit of the 6 cobs to spread out the light evenly, because its a very short space. It works pretty well.

The Ceasar's were all the way into the light so I had to lst some branches. I'm really hoping they don't outgrow my space, being a pure hybrid 50/50. I'm guessing they will grow like my Moon Dawg, with the heavy Chem influence.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Just took some pics of the Ceasar, Kimbo's. All are doing solid, and just got their first dose of Mamoth P yesterday.
Ceasar growing gangbusters, stripped buds from everything below the top of the tomato cage. Also had to pinch and bend the C#4 early on in flower.
100 5868

Kimbos
100 5871

This Kimbo is stacking the hardest and starting to smell like fruit.
100 5872

Lately I've been stripping all the lower bud sites, but leaving many of the lower fan leaves for photosynthesis and nutrient reserve. Ceasar
100 5876

100 5877

Check out these 4 Kimbo #5. The 2 on the left are in 10 gal containers and the 2 on the right are in 5.5 gal containers. Need a couple more 10 gals.
100 5881

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

Well, I've got an update. The Ceasar and Kimbo seed run ended up pulling some nice weight, but went deficient too early. Sadly I stopped taking pics after the ones up above. Running into quite a few headaches with re-amending soil lately, so I'm gonna take a break from Organic and trial Coco with synthetic nutes.

CallmeTex

CallmeTex

I've got some more Kimbo 7 and 8 on Day 5 of flower. Pretty impressed with the #8 and hope I can see its full potential this run.
2x #8 on the left. Back middle #5, and front right is #7
100 5889

These are in this coco, with the same nutes. I've ordered Jacks Cal Nitrate and Jacks Hydro, so I'll be running Jacks 321 in the future.
100 5882

100 5894

100 5895
100 5896

Ceasar #4 back left. #5 back right. #2 front left is my favorite. big fat OG buds on a sativa frame.
These plants were vegged in 3 gal organic mix and transplanted into coco. They weren't the healthiest but are starting to grow better now.
100 5890

Top Bottom