The Dragon Breeding Experiment: ๐Ÿ‰ ๐Ÿ‘ถ come along for the fun!

• Thread starter GoldenDragondnw
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Bilber

Bilber

She looks great....I forgot you were trying the aeropots.....self-pruning so your plant doesn't get root bound.....watering/feeding, if done properly, is supposed to encourage root growth....kinda like the fabric pots....I think I'd try these....these over fabric for sure....

She looks at home....

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I โ™ฅ fat colas
Supporter
She looks great....I forgot you were trying the aeropots.....self-pruning so your plant doesn't get root bound.....watering/feeding, if done properly, is supposed to encourage root growth....kinda like the fabric pots....I think I'd try these....these over fabric for sure....

She looks at home....
@Bilber @GoldenDragondnw.
What do you like better about the aero pot over the fabric pot? Just curious I have never used aero pots

JKash

JKash

Can you out GRAV The Gravmaster???
Supporter
Just by pure design I would say I like fabric over aero pots... Im a fan of multiple uppottings even with fabric pots... I have never been root locked in fabric....

I feel that maybe combining fabric pots for the up-potting... and finishing out in an aeropot might be better...

I feel like a 5 gallon pot is too big for small plants... just my opinion of corse!!!

But again...I never used aeropots just going off seen at sight

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Just by pure design I would say I like fabric over aero pots... Im a fan of multiple uppottings even with fabric pots... I have never been root locked in fabric....

I feel that maybe combining fabric pots for the up-potting... and finishing out in an aeropot might be better...

I feel like a 5 gallon pot is too big for small plants... just my opinion of corse!!!

But again...I never used aeropots just going off seen at sight
I like it. It's clean dude. Those fabric pots be getting dirty. ๐Ÿ˜† I'm also a fan of putting small things in big pots. I'll start a seed off in one. It's just basically watering a small thing in a big pot. Once the watering is down. Too easy. No transplanting necessary. I think it's less shock for plants that way. ๐Ÿ˜…

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I โ™ฅ fat colas
Supporter
I've never used either......I was looking at the aeropots a while back, but...just didn't jump....I would use the aeropots over fabric all day though....
So when the roots hit the edge of the fabric pots they get air pruned and multiply just like a topping a node. I don't think it's possible to get root bound in fabric because the roots don't swirl around like regular pots where there is no air pruning going on. I don't see how it could be more air flow than fabric pots with fans going?
What is your reasoning behind the preference?

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I โ™ฅ fat colas
Supporter
I like it. It's clean dude. Those fabric pots be getting dirty. ๐Ÿ˜† I'm also a fan of putting small things in big pots. I'll start a seed off in one. It's just basically watering a small thing in a big pot. Once the watering is down. Too easy. No transplanting necessary. I think it's less shock for plants that way. ๐Ÿ˜…
I just up pot from a solo cup to a 7 gallon fabric pot and never have a mess personally with how i do it. But different strokes for different folks though. Interested to see how the aero pot works out. ๐Ÿฒ gonna grow some ๐Ÿ”ฅ!
โœŒ

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
I just up pot from a solo cup to a 7 gallon fabric pot and never have a mess personally with how i do it. But different strokes for different folks though. Interested to see how the aero pot works out. ๐Ÿฒ gonna grow some ๐Ÿ”ฅ!
โœŒ
Well I did put the bacio gelato baby in it. So we hoping so! I'm prob gonna get a germ kit from ac infinity later for my breeding run. I don't want my crappy germ methods being the reason why my seeds don't pop.
๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜น but we all will get to see how the aeropots do. So far I'm loving them over the fabric. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I โ™ฅ fat colas
Supporter
Well I did put the bacio gelato baby in it. So we hoping so! I'm prob gonna get a germ kit from ac infinity later for my breeding run. I don't want my crappy germ methods being the reason why my seeds don't pop.
๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜น but we all will get to see how the aeropots do. So far I'm loving them over the fabric. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Interesting, can't wait to see the babies you breed!!!! I love to watch the process and see what comes out its fascinating to meโœŒ

Bilber

Bilber

canna....I don't think I have an actual excuse or opinion to be honest.....but given what I've read up on, fabric can grow algae and collects and retains salts....again, I'm not biased on which system or way or style to use.....I usually most often rely on what is laying around.....we happen to drink coffee, so I figured we could use um someway....I've put them to use....she loves planting ๐ŸŒธ in the spring....she gets plants, I get containers.....

cannafarmer420

cannafarmer420

I โ™ฅ fat colas
Supporter
canna....I don't think I have an actual excuse or opinion to be honest.....but given what I've read up on, fabric can grow algae and collects and retains salts....again, I'm not biased on which system or way or style to use.....I usually most often rely on what is laying around.....we happen to drink coffee, so I figured we could use um someway....I've put them to use....she loves planting ๐ŸŒธ in the spring....she gets plants, I get containers.....
That makes sense about the salts and algae, I use living soil so it's never even crossed my mind. Always good to get other growers perspectives.
As for the improvisation, I grew with 5 gallon buckets or whatever i had laying around for years. You can make it work with almost anything. I repurpose all sorts of stuff.
To hold some of my grow stuff I have the utensil part of a dishwasher, that basket that you can lift out of them. โœŒ

GoldenDragondnw

GoldenDragondnw

Supporter
Well I've decided.
Dragon Dick is waiting another year while I look for a good daddy.

But.....I will be creating a kush if all goes well. I figure I'll either have a kush for my own or I'll have lots of kush to smoke. A win-win for me. Plus I've got the seeds ready for April planting already. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

So if you were looking forward to dragon dick you will have to wait another year. If you want to have some fun and watch perhaps a kush breeding come April then stick around! ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜ƒ ๐Ÿ‰

Top Bottom