• Thread starter ivyboy1225
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Hi fellow farmers.

Got an e-mail this morning from the landlord who says he wants to send someone to take a look at the house due to refinancing. This "refinance" reason turns out to be the exact same reason given to a buddy of mine, who is doing something similar to me. So already my suspicions are high. The even greater problem is that they want to do it tomorrow, and are doing it when half the crop I grow for a collective has been harvested and drying indoors.

My work room is the garage and I built walls around it... along with lot $$$$ of equipment and I also have two mini split acs outside. Also, there is no furniture in the house at all. This is only month 4 of the lease btw.

Any tips from fellow farmers who been through this would be appreciated.

I live in a fully legal state and have my doctor's recommendation and documents in order btw.

Last edited:
Quagmire

Quagmire

Oh dude.. for the chopped down stuff.... get paper bags and dump the buds into them and roll them up and put in safe place to reduce odor.. paper bags is an old school way of drying, curing... they'll be fine for just a few hours.. even Tupperware with lids.. then hide as much shit as you can, turn noisey shit off during the inspection.. the one thing he may get pissed about is modifications to his home without permission.. all I can say is I hope he understands your fully legal and when you leave he won't be able to tell it was ever there.. with this kind of short notice you have few options.. praying for ya brother..

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Any good explanation to give on why there is no furniture in the house? Thing looks like what it did when I moved in...

bluebully420

bluebully420

I should say I had 48 hours notice and still the person doing the walk through spotted lights and ballast I'm a electrician I said I repair lights and stuff on the side needless to say they didn't renew my lease hahahahhaa

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

My ballasts are outside the artificial wall built in the garage. I could lock the garage door and the outside entrance to garage door... but in order to move the minisplit acs I would need my ac guy to come over and move those I think...

johnnyrotten

johnnyrotten

They are going to send an appraiser out to the house, he will take pictures of every room of the house and the owner will get a copy...Did your lease specify anything about not being able to grow?

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

They are going to send an appraiser out to the house, he will take pictures of every room of the house and the owner will get a copy...Did your lease specify anything about not being able to grow?

I extended the appraiser walkthrough to Wednesday. The homeowner is coming to - I'm not sure if that's standard or not.

The lease said no cultivation or distribution of illegal drugs, but the state I am in it's not illegal.

Plan is to decorate all the rooms except the master with stuff from my house and lock the garage door and say my roommate is in Vegas (and he stores his stuff in there). I also guess I will move the minisplit ACs into the garage lung room I created for the day. I would normally be honest and upfront in most situations, but the stigma with this business is really harsh.

Thanks for all the advice.

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

I feel your pain bro I've only a little set up so I imagine your stressing a bit...can't u rent yourself a nice big box wagon take everything down and pack it all away get the lot out the house then they can go snooping wherever they like and your all cool...its a hell a lotta work but you'll have the reasurement that all well.....if not go with the plan in hand and lock the garage up man...good luck hope it all goes well for you dude

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Unfortunately no, I modified the garage to prevent damage with 3 walls, made of fireproof drywall + soundproof insulation and 2x4s. Everything was painted with Kilz primer then there are also very large dehumidifers and minisplit acs. It would take at least 2 days and lots of people to break everything down. It took just almost a 2 weeks to build the entire thing too.

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

Maaaaan hope all goes well for you....just play it real cool and I'm sure all will be fine....good luck bro

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
I extended the appraiser walkthrough to Wednesday. The homeowner is coming to - I'm not sure if that's standard or not.

The lease said no cultivation or distribution of illegal drugs, but the state I am in it's not illegal.

Plan is to decorate all the rooms except the master with stuff from my house and lock the garage door and say my roommate is in Vegas (and he stores his stuff in there). I also guess I will move the minisplit ACs into the garage lung room I created for the day. I would normally be honest and upfront in most situations, but the stigma with this business is really harsh.

Thanks for all the advice.
If there bringing in appraiser they either know what your doing or there gonna sell the house with you renting in it! Yes this has happen to me before. Also your landlord will go through the garage and when you say no that's my roommates he's gonna tell u there's no roommate on the lease and will probally evict you.
But considering your paper work is in order that's all he can do is evict you!

420circuit

420circuit

Either a sale or refinance, both require a professional inspection. If the building is damaged you should be ready to relocate. Renting a place out is a small business for most landlords, they cannot afford to have a place get wrecked or have late paying tenants. As long as you pay on time, avoid problems with neighbors and the law and get along ok with the owner/manager it should be fine. But access is an issue, the inspection normally requires a look at every part of the property in order to have an inspection paper for the bank, so you may need to open your storage area. Good luck!

TreeDoc

TreeDoc

If it's a refi or sale and they are going with an fha, usda or va loan, the appraiser will have to also inspect and photograph the crawl space and attic areas.

straincreation

straincreation

Well my options were limited IME. A uhaul is a solid plan and worth it. So get all the stink out the dry buds and what not. I got my self a uhaul and took all my plants out of the garden every trace of marijuana.

Thwn now this is the important part. Took my plabts down the street in the uhaul. Went down to home depot and bought up a bunch of pepper and tomato plants, herbs an arrangnent of sorts and stuck those in my room had to transplant and shit so it looked ongoing you know. Also i have a seperate small garden outside. Wheel barrel and all that good stuff so it looks kike i do this for a hobby/living. Tell them my story about how i changed my kife and only eat organic blaaah blaah blaaah. Play it cool o think you should be golden.

If uhaul is out of the question then well your gonna need to bite the bullet and tear kill the ladies, and hide the moms.
Live to fight another day, in this case grow.

BOL! Happy farmin;)
P.s. my inspectors were cool and they sold the property to a bigger company. Rent went up and i was only there for a couple more yrs. Under the radar mixing soil in my kitchen.lol:p made it out unscaved.

Disclaimer : So this is just my xp dont jnow how big your op is or the landlord, so i cant say it will be so dandy for you.

420circuit

420circuit

Ha, this was just in the news today. Yikes.

Renters turn house into pot farm. 9NEWS at 5 p.m. 06/08/15.

Brandon Rittiman, KUSA 5:55 p.m. MDT June 8, 2015
635693899842814758-mughouse.jpg

(Photo: KUSA)

WATKINS, Colorado—A Colorado woman thought she was renting her home to a sweet couple moving from Florida who needed a place to live. Instead, it was turned into an alleged black market pot farm.

In what was an unfinished 2,800-square-foot basement, her tenants constructed an elaborate marijuana production facility—complete with three large grow rooms, a dedicated air conditioning and humidity system, and a network of new electrical circuits for lights.

It's a rare glimpse into the black market for pot which still remains in Colorado despite the new presence of hundreds of legal retail marijuana stores.

"It absolutely makes me sick to my stomach," said homeowner Allie, who asked not to share her last name due to safety concerns. "My husband and I planned this for several years. And we built it ourselves."

She's been working on cleaning up the mess for a week and figures the tenants caused tens of thousands of dollars in damage, which so far her insurance company has declined to cover.

635693895282182308-0608plants.JPG

Allie estimates about 300 plants were being grown in her home. (Photo: Provided by the homeowner)

Allie estimates about 300 plants were being grown in her home. She had no idea until this Spring when her tenant asked her to make sure the county would allow him to grow as much medical marijuana as he needed.

"His doctor prescribed him 75 plants," Allies says the man told her. "And so it was him, his cousin, and his cousin's wife that each had a 75 plant count."

On March 24 this year, Arapahoe County sheriff's deputies came to house after complaints from neighbors.

Deputies removed a number of plants, but not all of them, according to Arapahoe County patrol captain Chris George.

Allie's tenant, 49-year-old Luis Toledo, faces a potential felony charge for cultivating more than 30 plants illegally. He's scheduled to appear in courtat the end of the month.

Toledo invited police to inspect his grow operation, claiming he was in compliance with the law, George said.

This isn't the only case of alleged black market pot. Prosecutors say in Arapahoe County alone, the same felony charge for cultivation has applied to five cases.

George could not verify to 9NEWS the number of plants Toledo was legally allowed to possess, citing medical privacy laws.

Allie says she thought she was renting to "a husband and wife from Florida that were coming to Colorado to start a senior care service."

Turns out, Toledo was indeed from Florida-- where he served three and a half yearsin prison for trafficking more than a ton of marijuana.

He was released in 2006.

Allie says she'll take this as an expensive lesson the next time she puts her place up for rent.

"Get a better idea of who you're renting to. Collect the rent in person. Inspect. Collect and inspect every month," she said.

Her insurance company has thus far declined to cover the damage from the unauthorized installation of a grow house in the basement.

WHAT LANDLORDS CAN DO

Reached for comment on this story, Colorado landlord/tenant attorney Vic Sulver advised landlords with property in Colorado to consider writing language about marijuana into lease agreements.

"The new law allows landlords to prohibit marijuana growing," Sulver said.

Allie, the subject of this story, was right to make sure her lease agreement allowed her the right to inspect the property on short-notice, Sulver said.

Sulver advises landlords to conduct inspections with an element of surprise early and regularly—or to hire property managers to do this on their behalf.

He says he's seen grow houses set up with some frequency in Colorado, usually in single-family homes and duplexes.

(KUSA-TV © 2015 Multimedia Holdings Corporation)

Calixylon

Calixylon

Fucking landlords, hope everything turns out ok, but with the no cultivation clause in your lease, it sounds like if they suspect and find out your growing, youl most likely be evicted. Fuck, furnish that shit, get rid of everything and pray to baby jesus

The right to allow someone who is renting a property to grow and cultivate is entirely up to the landlord, even in a medical state, thats exactly why they add a no cultivation or distribution of drugs clause on the lease, becasue theyve seen the horror stories and dont wanna deal with the damage. It sucks, but in this day in age, if your growing for any sort of commercial production for profit, and your not entirely airtight with all the inspectors, your landlords, or property, and all paperwork is on point, your asking to get in trouble. I cant imagine how your feeling right now, i lost my personal little grow, and have to move out of my house for cultivation by the end of this month, but i couldnt imagine possibly losing all that work, and breaking a lease.

Sounds like its a straight up grow house though, so i assume you live somewhere else if you have no furniture at all? Slight plus possibly

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom