The Dreaded Walkthrough

• Thread starter ivyboy1225
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

Our rental company did a 6 month inspection. I was 2 weeks into flowering and had to do the uhaul thing.
Sucks having to deal with it.
Glad you made it.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
You already stated your lease says no cultivation, so it's pretty shortsighted to say dude is trolling because he suggested you respect the owner's wishes you contractually agreed to. If you had ever been a home owner you might have a greater appreciation for what's being said. You can play the semantics game all day regarding what is and isn't legal in your state, but you get the wrong landlord they won't stop at kicking you out, and would probably call the cops themselves.

Why not rent from a place that allows cultivation? Side thought- Aren't these landlords who charge extra are risking RICO if any shit goes down? That extra dough represents profits from an enterprise that may be deemed unlawful, and negates their plausible deniability in the event of investigation. I wonder how many realize that...

In any case- glad you're alive to grow another day. Scares like these are a bastard! Curious if you moved those AC unit or did they pay much attention to them?

ghettogrower

ghettogrower

I had to do the same thing for an electric inspection 2 weeks ago 1 week into flower..was only 2x 1.2 tents took me around 4 hr got it all back up in 2 and a half :)

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
You already stated your lease says no cultivation, so it's pretty shortsighted to say dude is trolling because he suggested you respect the owner's wishes you contractually agreed to. If you had ever been a home owner you might have a greater appreciation for what's being said. You can play the semantics game all day regarding what is and isn't legal in your state, but you get the wrong landlord they won't stop at kicking you out, and would probably call the cops themselves.

Why not rent from a place that allows cultivation? Side thought- Aren't these landlords who charge extra are risking RICO if any shit goes down? That extra dough represents profits from an enterprise that may be deemed unlawful, and negates their plausible deniability in the event of investigation. I wonder how many realize that...

In any case- glad you're alive to grow another day. Scares like these are a bastard! Curious if you moved those AC unit or did they pay much attention to them?
Who are you the moral police? Like ivy said he's causing way less damage then a family of 4 and pets! Grow on !

420circuit

420circuit

When we sign contracts, both sides assume the other party will do what the contract states. If someone breaks the deal, there is probably a provision in the agreement that addresses that. Personally I wouldn't risk it, but there is a balance between risk and reward, we all play at the level where we are comfortable, if you are willing to risk it, well, good luck! Congrats on avoiding a confrontation, time to kick that home buying project into high gear.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

I have a friend who is a homeowner and got her house absolutely ruined by growers. Holes all over in drywall for ventilation, bad electrical wiring, and black mold. Damages exceeded 30k in estimates that she wont be able to recoup. I felt completely for her situation and understand the lengths homeowners go through to prevent loss. I know I cant say what I am doing is ethically sound in many eyes, even when I explain I invested quite a large amount of money and time to specifically prevent damage to the home.

I guess I'm confused by the suggestion I would have a greater appreciation for a generic lease contract (can someone btw point me to a lease contract that says "CULTIVATE HERE") if I were a homeowner. Isn't a homeowner's ultimate goal to rent out his or her house to generate side income until the day they sell the house? If so, how can one say a situation in which no one lives in the house is not beneficial for them long term? Not all growers are irresponsible and destroy houses and not all blue collar renters make great tenant.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Who are you the moral police? Like ivy said he's causing way less damage then a family of 4 and pets! Grow on !
Morals have nothing to do with it. A grow operated according to the parameters of state law, within a location not legally designated as a grow is not a moral issue, it's a legal one.

This whole issue could be avoided by simply renting a spot not prohibited to grow within.

The avenues to grow legally are plenty, if you choose to disregard some laws and self righteously hide behind others, eventually the balancing act collapses.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
ah yes the invisible room mate storage story

glad you made it through unscathed - been there done that and got the tshirt

reading this made me remember how anxious I was that day - lol - I feel like I just pounded a good quad shot and took a bong rip of stardawg

Oregon Grown

Oregon Grown

I have a friend who is a homeowner and got her house absolutely ruined by growers. Holes all over in drywall for ventilation, bad electrical wiring, and black mold. Damages exceeded 30k in estimates that she wont be able to recoup. I felt completely for her situation and understand the lengths homeowners go through to prevent loss. I know I cant say what I am doing is ethically sound in many eyes, even when I explain I invested quite a large amount of money and time to specifically prevent damage to the home.

I guess I'm confused by the suggestion I would have a greater appreciation for a generic lease contract (can someone btw point me to a lease contract that says "CULTIVATE HERE") if I were a homeowner. Isn't a homeowner's ultimate goal to rent out his or her house to generate side income until the day they sell the house? If so, how can one say a situation in which no one lives in the house is not beneficial for them long term? Not all growers are irresponsible and destroy houses and not all blue collar renters make great tenant.

I'm not here trolling threads I'm a guy who had a very similar experience as your friend. I grow in the home I live in and know you can do it without causing damage but it's not worth the risk. Not all growers will ruin your house but the problem is those who will usually treat more then just your house with disregard like thier credit. I rented my house for $850 a month and had over 35k in damage. At that rate it takes about 4.5 years of rent to recoup the loss plus you still have mortgage payments to make in the meantime if you don't own the home outright. I have a judgement against the tenant for damages from 2008 and have received nothing nor will I. The problem is they care as much about thier credit as they did about my house. I'm glad you've spent the money to make sure you're not damaging thier property, that alone says your not like the tenants I had. You won't find a lease that says grow here but when it specifically says not to its clear the home owner doesn't want it. I'm glad you got through the walk through and obviously you wouldn't have if you had a grow like what was set up in my rental. I could have worded it differently so it didn't come off as an attack of your character, but this is a sore subject for me. The thing that really got me with my situation is they could have grown in the pole building where the damage would have been limited to holes in the metal siding but it would have required them to spend some money on wiring. It only takes renting to 1 tenant like I had and instead of making money off your property you lose money. Sorry to ramble on but as I said its a sore subject for me.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Very sorry to hear about your negative experience oregon. That is awful and I wouldnt wish that upon anyone. I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery.

In regards to an update: landlord emailed me stating I have 30 days to evict they are selling the house.

So basically worst case scenario. I knew it was sketchy to have a walkthru in under 5 months.

Anyways all out of options. I guess I should be grateful I got a harvest out of it.

ivyboy1225

ivyboy1225

Oh, for the record, the lease said cultivation of illegal drugs. I am a legal caregiver for a collective, so nothing I am doing is illegal.

Considering how clean the house was, and the fact that they didn't even come back to see the garage before sending the 30 day vacant notice, I arrived at two conclusions:

1) the landlord had planned to sell all along, and wanted to rent during winter to now to acquire rent then kick me out.

2) the landlord got wind of our act and is trying to evict myself.

After speaking with a friend who is attorney, I will be seeking other action. Since this thread has run it's course, thank you everyone for your input. It has helped immensely through this stressful time.

Calixylon

Calixylon

Finnaly the troll was discussed! And yea he's a troll, that comment was literally made to start some shit. Yes I'm all about playing devils advocate and making people question motives and reasoning, but once again this is Thcfarmer a community of pro! Cannabis people.

I'm sorry if the troll had a bad experience renting out to some growers who trashed the house but that's what background checks are for. In a legal cannabis state all renters are gojng to put a cultivation clause in the lease, so are we farmers just not supposed to grow. 20 years ago none of this was possible, everyone growing was a grade A felon, not anymore but seriously that comment sounded like it came from my fucking mother, who dosent like cannabis.

This forum is big enough for you to go somewhere else, he was asking for help, not dick comments. You don't think ivy is tripping about this enough, and kicking his own ass for being in this sit. He dosent need a fellow farmer saying stupid shit he knows.

If it's not constructive no one cares, and if you are a landlord who considers himself a farmer, and you don't allow your tenants to cultivate their medicine
That's some super hypocritical shit, especially because you've most likely violated all the same things ivy has in your lifetime if you've truly been growing cannabis for a bit.

R

rascali

I'm sorry if the troll had a bad experience renting out to some growers who trashed the house but that's what background checks are for. In a legal cannabis state all renters are gojng to put a cultivation clause in the lease, so are we farmers just not supposed to grow. 20 years ago none of this was possible, everyone growing was a grade A felon, not anymore but seriously that comment sounded like it came from my fucking mother, who dosent like cannabis.

This forum is big enough for you to go somewhere else, he was asking for help, not dick comments. You don't think ivy is tripping about this enough, and kicking his own ass for being in this sit. He dosent need a fellow farmer saying stupid shit he knows.

If it's not constructive no one cares, and if you are a landlord who considers himself a farmer, and you don't allow your tenants to cultivate their medicine
That's some super hypocritical shit, especially because you've most likely violated all the same things ivy has in your lifetime if you've truly been growing cannabis for a bit.

Yes, who needs both sides of the argument when it's so much easier to yell and curse at anyone who might have a different thought than you...

Calixylon

Calixylon

The post wasn't any side of the argument, it wasn't constructive or helpful. It simply was posted to try and make Ivy feel bad for doing something he knew could possibly bite him in the ass, he asked for help/ advice not criticism for his actions.

I'm done posting on this thread, I just don't understand some folks thought processes on here lately. If you truly believe that post was made "helpful" than I apologize

Last edited:
420circuit

420circuit

Sounds to me like the owner just needs to sell and had the inspection done because it is required by the lender. If they suspect growing, and they probably do know, that is just a sideshow to the main thing, which is the sale of the property. The new owner is probably not interested in renting it out, and if they are, they will not want a grower in the house. Good to give the house back intact and to recover your deposit, it helps with your credit score, your reputation in the community. The people who trash rentals when doing big residential grows are ruining it for others, it seems like the no-grow rental contracts are becoming the norm, thanks to inconsiderate growers. I have heard several horror stories here in CO, of renters from out of state ruining rental homes. These owners are not wealthy corporations, just older couples trying to earn a living.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
come the fuck on - calling somebody a troll is in fact trolling

OP stated he is done with the thread - locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom