The End is Near - Feds Coming in.

• Thread starter canaguy27
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
you havent been paying very good attention then - clubs closing down left and right

Youre right i havent. And i havent been paying attention here b/c it changes daily. Doesnt effect me in the slightest to be honest. Doin it for the headies and my bros headies.

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Youre right i havent. And i havent been paying attention here b/c it changes daily. Doesnt effect me in the slightest to be honest. Doin it for the headies and my bros headies.

could care less if it werent the fact I feel the legalization movement is taking big hits

I have always argued that the dispensaries here in cali were invalid as prop 215 makes no provision for them and most of them are unscrupulous drug dealers with no morality

this is all smoke screen to hide for me what the big issue is here

getting marijuana off the DEA schedule 1

but yeah they are closing left and right - even ridge in sac is now gone

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
I do feel bad for the good people who got in with the intent of helping out their fellow patients. It is sad that the movement went the way it did(i speak as if it is dead and gone already). Everything was/is just so grey there was no other way it could have gone. We'll see what happens in the future as i know the legalization movement isnt done

Dz1PnK

Dz1PnK

getting marijuana off the DEA schedule 1

i believe this is their endgame, but not for us to set up dispensaries or even to decide for ourselves how we ingest it, only to permit big pharma to do "real medicine", so no legal mmj the way we think of it, theyll prob crackdown on smokers. pills and sprays chemically synthesized using marijuana. you can have the medicine but the plant will still be illegal and punishable. they can even raise the penalty for having the plant if only the meds are legal. like growing opium poppys will get me locked up, but ive got a cupboard full of vicodin norco percoset oxycodone n whatnot thats perfectly fine. we'll see, not like theres anything we can do to stop whats happening so pull up a chair n wait till it happens... :bong2:

LeroyBrown

LeroyBrown

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umpHUL3qaUg&feature=fvst[/YOUTUBE]

Such a hate for shops....I'll continue to use my company's resources for the good fight in spite of what you haters say....Long Live The Dispensery

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
There is absolutely no way to comply with 208e, especially at the federal level and that is the only one that really matters, Im not seeing the phrase "unless your in a med state" in there anywhere...I mean you can comply but that means no deductions..

Since the FDA just decided after their 9 year evaluation not to reclassify marijuana, I don't see the big change on the near horizon

IRS Tax code 208e

No deduction or credit shall be allowed for any amount paid or incurred during the taxable year in carrying on any trade or business if such trade or business (or the activities which comprise such trade or business) consists of trafficking in controlled substances (within the meaning of schedule I and II of the Controlled Substances Act) which is prohibited by Federal law or the law of any State in which such trade or business is conducted.

I can not think of one despensary owner out there that wouldnt be done if you wait two or three years or better yet, right where we are at right now, 2 years in the game and 1 year of state mandated documentation of income/expenses, if the IRS hits any one of them for disallowed deductions or even rattles the sabre a little, they are done, close the doors, and back to their Subway franchise they left behind

Tex

squiggly

squiggly

I'm calling BS. :)

Your post was VERY grammatically correct, and, to me, showed high intelligence and college level composition skills.

If that post was written on anything else, I would have been hard pressed to believe you lived such a hard young life.

Keep on doing whatever it is that is motivating you to overcome, and achieve such intelligence and class.

Well the truth of it is that I've always been intelligent, I was a straight A student up until the 6th grade (when I basically checked out). Violinist since age 2 (concert master of a few orchestras in my time). Self-taught guitarist and pianist. It's like I said my mother did her best to raise me properly. I have manners, I use proper grammar, and I'm pretty frickin' good at math (my mom is a math teacher after all, and her mother an english professor who passed the grammar nazi bug along). I have a great memory and it sort of comes with the territory--it's no fault of my own really lol.

If you were an adult and knew me in high school you'd basically be begging
me to marry your daughter--but I'd still be "cool" enough that she'd actually want to date me (and that should've made you wonder why).

I'm not trying to brag on myself so much as I'm trying to provide perspective. This is a "it-can-happen-to-you" moment.

As much as all of that is true--I am still quite at home with "scumbags." As I'm sure you can imagine many of my friends are lower class and to be honest I feel weird at college here with all these white-folk (despite being white myself). Being intelligent lends itself well to being a bit of a chameleon.

It is true that it was difficult to leave the game--but keep in mind the destruction that hard drugs can wreak and what I'd been watching myself do to my neighborhood and friends (for profit). People started dying. I became an addict. It stopped being a party. Being intelligent also lends itself to having an active conscience--one which told me I was doing wrong, and also that I needed to offer something back to society in repayment.

I'd drugged my conscience away long enough one day and with the combination of an OD and my girlfriend all through high school slipping into terrible addiction--I moved here. First just to leave (campus living is cheap)--then school came into play.

Chemistry caught me my first semester and for 6 years I've been doing it the hard way working and paying my way. First comm college, now university.

If you had asked anyone back in the day whether this could all happen to "the smartest kid in school"; the nerdy kid with the thick glasses--whose mother dressed him--and the books and instruments for friends they'd have told you shit no.

Well shit yes, and that's the point.

Regardless of what anyone says--the only reason any child has ever sold drugs in this country is because the government wants to protect the dead junkie from last week from himself. Nevermind if the child grows up to be a junkie as a result. Again I wanna make clear that I made all of these choices, and being intelligent I understood the depth of them from a fairly early age--that doesn't mean the system should allow for this, though.

It shouldn't. So the government doesnt want our gas stations to be drug dealers. Well I, for one, don't want them to pass the buck to our kid--or to the poor for that matter. So many people blame the lower class for burying itself. If everyone does it, it means that's a thing that people do. If you know keeping a chameleon in a cardboard box will cause it to stop eating and die--but you do it anyway. Is the chameleon to blame, or are you?

GanjaAL

GanjaAL

For those who think cali is exempt... think again. My favorite dispensary is shutting down do to fear of raids. Sucks... big time!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ok, this may be a stupid Q, but how many pharmacies are near schools?CVS, Walgreens?And, dont you have to be of certain age and have a med card to go in 1?Just Sayin! peace,fuzzy

Noooo... this is about the sharpest thing anyone has said recently on the totally arbitrary and irrelevant lawmaking that passes for Justice in this country.

It is blatantly obvious to anyone with a brain that if dispensaries are near schools, they will have to be far more careful than most to ensure that their roducts don't fall into young hands. The best way to do that? Regulate and control the access points to the medication! DUH!

I don't expect too many right wingers to be smart enough to make this connection, but damn fellas- try some common sense- you never know, it might agree with you!

sky high

sky high

These shops exist in a State-protected/created/sanctioned monopoly. They are not real businesses with real competition, so when I hear they can barely get by I can only laff and hope that is, indeed, the truth. Serves ya right, ya greedy fuckin' bitches.

And folks have a right to hate on the TAXMAN and the dispensary scum that scurry at his feet masquerading as "helping" others. Fuckers are only helpin themselves, one and all.

talk about yer 1%. These cats are MMJ's version of >>>corporate<<<. Keep prices high....keep competition low/nil.....and force people to play. Sound fuckin familiar?

s h

Illmind

Illmind

i fear that the gov wants it all for self. all this started right after they perfected deconstructing mmj plants dna. now they can create originals n perform all kinda tests with our tax dollars and release the best. their goal is to prob turn it into fed/state employment and say fuck ur lil 2 mil a year tax we want it all. that's scary. and the fact they trademarked certain names. who knows. only ppl suffering from closed clubs are the actual sick ppl who need that store for access which saddens me. good luck cali!

K

kolah

It's too damn late to protest and too early to start shooting. :)

How long will this shit go on until some true american patriots take up arms? The USA and its people are running out of options. So the burning questing remains: Who will lick jackboots and who will fight?

Jarofunk

Jarofunk

only ppl suffering from closed clubs are the actual sick ppl who need that store for access which saddens me. good luck cali!

Just as any other business does, an MMC pays others for their services. There are not a lot of jobs out there these days, and MMJ is/was one of the few growing industries stimulating the economy. Every accountant, vendor, advertising outlet, budtender, etc. who gets a check from closed MMC(s) will be impacted.

Illmind

Illmind

i am aware of that. but are u aware that working at a dispensary is a day to day job not a career? pretty sure the ppl there are also aware that it could be the end anytime. they unlike the ill people have options. what's an old cripple in a wheel chair to do wheel down to the hood and get weed? or terminal patients? thanks for the addition but i dont have sympathy for dispensary workers. they could work anywhere else doing same shit basically but federally legal yet they choose not too

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Somebody should call up "Bromwell Principal Jody Cohn" and educate her a little bit so that maybe she think's twice about the ignorant statements that come out of her mouth in support of this federal witch hunt against the sick.

GreenThumbBill

GreenThumbBill

Just as any other business does, an MMC pays others for their services. There are not a lot of jobs out there these days, and MMJ is/was one of the few growing industries stimulating the economy. Every accountant, vendor, advertising outlet, budtender, etc. who gets a check from closed MMC(s) will be impacted.
Maybe the powers that be need American citizens to reach complete and total financial ruin if we're going to rise up and kill each other. Could that be the plan? A one world government couldn't come to fruition until the world population goes down considerably.

Paranoid thinking? Maybe. Seems less and less paranoid as time goes by though...at least for me.

K

kolah

Maybe the powers that be need American citizens to reach complete and total financial ruin if we're going to rise up and kill each other. Could that be the plan? A one world government couldn't come to fruition until the world population goes down considerably.

Paranoid thinking? Maybe. Seems less and less paranoid as time goes by though...at least for me.

I agree. But at that point most americans won't have a pot to piss in. How will folks defend themselves when they have no food, water , supplies and no fricken home? FEMA camps may be their only choice.

Buckle up mates, it's gonna be one helluva ride. All aboard the Hell-Train. Choo choo! chugga chugga chugga...

K

kes5480

Ive been ready for this shit to happen....Ive been telling everyone to get ready for the "shit storm", and they called me crazy.......lol

HISTORY REPEATS ITSELF..............wasnt this shit happening in England and thats why the people formed the USA, well now what??????

All I'm saying is think about it.
p.s. Im not crazy....just nucking futs.
Kes :)

K

kolah

yup...the Founding Fathers didn't just scribble down the Bill of Rights for nothing. They experienced the same shit.

But it is much more serious now though...as this is happening at the global levels. The NWO is unfolding, folks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom