*** the fishy page ***

• Thread starter digdugdank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
This is my 5yr old spotted green puffer, "Puffie" funny thing is that over the last few weeks I been getting live snails in my tank from somewhere? and I have not seen him since, he loves snails but make me wonder where he is? He has many hiding places in the tank but, he is always going up and down the glass.
View attachment 388595
Is that a brackish water puffer? I have 3 small dwarf Indian puffers in my 300. They are very Camera shy and still very small. I really have to stare at my tank for awhile to notice them. very cool green puffer, digdug!!

Canappa

Canappa

Is that a brackish water puffer? I have 3 small dwarf Indian puffers in my 300. They are very Camera shy and still very small. I really have to stare at my tank for awhile to notice them. very cool green puffer, digdug!!

Good eye , yes I have a 150 gal Brackish Tank with various Scats and 2 White tip sharks. Puffie is the smallest but no one messes with him.

aksquid

aksquid

Nice puffer I really like them. I would like to have an aquarium again. I used to keep quite a few fish when I was kid. I had a paper route and all the money that I made went into my aquariums.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My husband has dived Rarotonga (sp?), I haven't made it to any other islands besides Guam and Bali.
Good eye , yes I have a 150 gal Brackish Tank with various Scats and 2 White tip sharks. Puffie is the smallest but no one messes with him.
What are you going to do with the white tips when they outgrow it? I didn't know you could keep white tips in a brackish system, either. Did you know that archer fish are also brackish fish? I used to keep black mollies in with my sea horses, they'd breed and the sea horses could then eat the babies.

Canappa

Canappa

My husband has dived Rarotonga (sp?), I haven't made it to any other islands besides Guam and Bali.
What are you going to do with the white tips when they outgrow it? I didn't know you could keep white tips in a brackish system, either. Did you know that archer fish are also brackish fish? I used to keep black mollies in with my sea horses, they'd breed and the sea horses could then eat the babies.

They are Colombian white tip sharks look more like a cat fish here is a pic of one very similar to my two. Had Archers jumped out of tank and died...Cool fish they used to spit water on me. lol
Colombian shark2

aksquid

aksquid

Muri Beach perhaps? Got my dive cert in Rarotonga many years ago. Stayed at Muri Beach for about 2 weeks. Love the Cook Islands.

I stayed at Muri beach on my honeymoon about 20 years ago. We have gone back to Raro many times since then and have probably spent close to a year there. When we go back now we rent a house for a month and just hang out. Great people down there and a great pace to chill and do nothing.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They are Colombian white tip sharks look more like a cat fish here is a pic of one very similar to my two. Had Archers jumped out of tank and died...Cool fish they used to spit water on me. lol
View attachment 388730
Ah, yeah, an actual catfish. They'll still probably grow very big, but I don't recall running across those very often in the trade so I'm not terribly familiar with them. Not compared to, say, a redtail cat. Oughta be good eating when it's big though, if it's fed a good diet. :)

digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
Yeah a red tail cat is very distinguishable, the one I had got to be 28lbs. I thought he was going to break my plexiglass tank. I finally got some good pictures of my Indian dwarf puffers. Sry for sideways pictures. These guys are about the same size as a small grape and get to be about the size of a big grape. These guys are in my planted tetra tank and are very cool. They keep my snail population to a minimum. Ive been very busy in my veggie garden lately and got to get back out there, digdug!!
20140317 175458 2
20140317 175541 1

mr roboto

mr roboto

mr roboto

mr roboto

Ah, yeah, an actual catfish. They'll still probably grow very big, but I don't recall running across those very often in the trade so I'm not terribly familiar with them. Not compared to, say, a redtail cat. Oughta be good eating when it's big though, if it's fed a good diet. :)
lol so are you imaging that sucker on the grill already!? lol Dont eat Canappa's pet fish!!!
Man... ok, none of these are my tank, the last reef tank I had was torn down in '93.

View attachment 389525
holy $hit that is badass!! I dont think ive ever seen those before!!

digdugdank

digdugdank

Select Genetics
Been awhile!! So I guess I have a reputation of saving fish thru out my circle of friends. I had a friend call out of the blue and ask if I wanted his small tank with fish, of course I said ok :)
20140822 085810
Three inhabitants, and about four hermits :)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
So cool always wanted a salt water. Tank. Have a fresh water with a foot long ghost knife Eats outta my hand Not as colorful as a salt though. Enjoyed thanks for posting pics

Top Bottom