The "Flying V" Rocks Out @ Sky High Ranch

• Thread starter sky high
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
sky high

sky high

Heya Farmers....Thanks for stoppin' by the Ranch! Pull yerself up a comfy chair, roll a fatty of that Blueberry sittin' on the table, and let's crank this baby up to 11 fer bit and see WTF happens...

I've been thinking about this configuration ever since I brought the ochos home a couple of grows ago. I kinda expected someone else might visualize the same thing/something similar with all the folks experimenting with vert and but I've yet to see anyone else tip these babies on an angle.

With the floating rack hanging above I had the flexibility to give it a shot without too much fuss...so off we go.

Picture 305
sky high

sky high

A bit of info on the set up:

4-1K's in the ochos....and a 600 MH digilux hangin' vert in the middle. There is a good possibility I may add 2 more 600's...one on each end. These could be in Radiant reflectors or cool tubes...I haven't decided yet.

Colorado Blueberry (4) 3 are in 7 gal plastic buckets, 1 is in a 5 gal smartpot
Chemdog D (4) 7 gal plastic buckets
Spider OG (1) 7 gal smartpot
Long Leaf Kush (1) 7 gal smartpot

Vital earth potting soil/Pahroc Giant Perlite (1/2-3/4"chunk) in a 50/50 mix

fed

earthworm tea
Diehard biorush
Gatorade
microhume
azomite
brix mix
Hi-p micronized guano 3-12-1
Gravity
molasses

varies odds and ends added...as stumbled upon/needed.

This is one of the Chemdog D's.

Cloned in rapidrooter...transferred to Solo cup...then 1 gal....then 2 gal.. then into 7 gals. Sittin at 3 ft tall and flipped tonight.

Still trying to decide how much to trim/pistlwhip/etc. Suggestions are welcome.

Picture 306
sky high

sky high

Still need some white Panda for the floor and some saucers under the pots....but I >really< needed to get these ladies into 12/12 so I spent yesterday clearing the space/harvesting and today setting this system up.

I forsee many, many stakes in my future on these. Thought about cages or screens, but want to keep things mobile so I can rotate em into the hot spots and spin em around as needed.

Gonna rework my tea brewer tomorrow and ready for a power-packed run. With everything in-house organic (again!) I'm brewing in a trash can rather than a 5 gal bucket.

Should be a good Summer. Lookin forward to >NOT< thinking about root rot or water temps for a change! (last 3 summers have been hydro/DWC/UC)

Oh..and those YUMMY soil grown buds!

Picture 308
Picture 307
motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
right on man - dig the flying V

hope it rocks hard!

:rock

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter
Love the light config Sky,

Confu...

H

hemployed

Great idea man! Really interested to see this one play out. Not that you asked but maybe a strip of poly or something would be beneficial in between the hoods on the top to keep that light trapped down there...

Subscribed

Green Mopho

Green Mopho

"...seen what I never seen before, woke up to see the sun, sky high..."

Intriguing, interesting, and unique idea. I've always tilted my hoods a tab, but never thought to focus them on the same area, and with the vert, you have the potential to pull some killer yields, I'm thinking. And yea, summer heat is right around the corner, I'm on the organic soil myself for the next round...

sky high

sky high

I was gonna partner up with a friend Summer 2009 to do a big OD grow so made a HUGE order from Peaceful Valley Garden supply...then he backed out on me.

As a result, I have a 50 lb bag of micronized (1000 mesh) guano...like this..in the garage.

<<GOOD SHIT

The Diehard Biorush is a great product, IMO. Absent of the "hydro" store pricing but full of goodness. the "Starter Mix" is about the same as Biorush but has small polymer crystals in it. Great stuff. A pound will treat like 800 plants if you follow the directions to a "T"...which a I rarely do...LOL. I prolly get closer to a couple hundred...but it's still cheaper than some of the other microbe products out there, IMO.

Lotsa info/products here

Yeah...tippin the ochos seems like a good way to sidelight and toplight at the same time. Think how sick it would be to have em as sidelights too.... (lights on all surfaces but the floor) and have it all ducted out. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBAM!

Just tryin to dial in some bigger yields with fewer plants (like everyone else..LOL) and stay ahead of the State....

thanks for the comments, guys

s h

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
They just need a little cleaning up, get their legs shaved. Ought to be interesting! Subscribed.

true grit

true grit

Looking sick brother man! Cant wait to see the yield with Chemdog D beasters there. Gonna be a good one man!

S

stillcantroll

Absolutely loving the light layout homie!! Watching people step outside the box and try new things is the reason I check this site on the daily, props. Best of luck on your grow.

sky high

sky high

A month of total fuckin' BLUR.......

>>>>>>>>>I love you my son<<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>your love for the herb and the love that you put into your garden are keeping me going. My light burns for YOU<<<<<

Fortunately I placed >most, of these these in 7 gal pots.....so I had a day of leeway before the shit hits the fan when I forgot to water a few times....

Put em back on the drip a few days ago. Still need to fine tune the smaller pots that are getting overwatered a bit but a bit more fuggin' around will fix that...hopefully...

somewhere around 32 DAZE of 12/12...... temps are holding nicely in the mid-70's "lights on".....and 70 or so lights off. I hope folks here will forgive but due to all of the distractions in my life right now I had to slide in some chemmy nutes to span the gap...avoid the funk....and keep the drip tubes clean. In a week or so I will again be able to focus on this a bit more and plan to finish them up with a nice blast of guano tea/etc... and return to the original intent of this forum/thread.

"life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans" Lohn Lennon

>>>love and light<<<

s h

Picture 329 Large e mail view
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm sending you the biggest, warmest, cushy-est (and kushy-est) hugs I can muster.

I'm very glad that you are not also experiencing other problems subsequent to losing your beloved son.

feildofdreams

feildofdreams

Absolutely gorgeous sky. I am glad you are getting them tunned back up for the final push. They def look like frosty lunkers bro. "Fruit basket at table 5 please" :)
All our love to you and the family man.

C

CaptnShitacular

you notice any difference between the 7 gallon smart and 7 gallon plastic? Been thinking about doing a side by side myself..

sky high

sky high

I was gone most of the week. The drip kept things goin OK/alive....

taste the rainbow....

Nono 001 1668X1107
Top Bottom