The Front Range Concert-goers thread

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dopegeist

Dopegeist

First time at RR was last year, maybe thinking of Global Dance Fest?

But yeah, lots of youngins. Makes me feel old, until the bass drops. Then I go into my werld and block out all but the being of beingness.

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

this years lineup is serious!!! I didn't even consider going in years past, but Ott at redrocks blows my fucking mind. I'll pay lotsa money to see that.

soserthc1

soserthc1

would be awesome to see a concert at redrocks had that u2 cd live from redrocks kicked ass ........bullet in blue sky.... i wanna see fish with OW.... never seen them......... good threat now if i just lived in colo.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

phish at dicks....

nuff said

oh and the usualy Sep. 6-7 Tribe at RR> Murph says they'll be busting out some oldies.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

Rush was blown out when I saw them at RR a few yrs ago but would consider going if you wanna jam and hint it up.

I forgot panic too....yup...

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

tribe's gonna pull some shit at red rocks, I've heard they're really killin it this year

And that first night of global. Almost some perfection right there, epic.

Anyone doin bonobo live band at the fox? Tickets already sold out I heard, I can def get some if anyone wants to go

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

tribe's gonna pull some shit at red rocks, I've heard they're really killin it this year

And that first night of global. Almost some perfection right there, epic.

Anyone doin bonobo live band at the fox? Tickets already sold out I heard, I can def get some if anyone wants to go

Yo homie I actually need one maybe 2 for that show. Pm me.

true grit

true grit

Ive gone a few times.got sick of seeing underage kids fucked up on mdma . Grosses me out.
Some decent music though.

Don't hit any fillmore shows then LOL.

As for Global Dub- i would never ever pay to any event that has Flux P headlining again. Wow what a let of down of same songs...over and over. Just caught Doctor P a few weeks back at Beta and he played nothing but FLux songs...how these fools still gettin paid? heard cost to get flux these days is nothin.

Global Dance Fest will be a bit different- if you like the down tempo melodic shit Friday is def poppin. A bit too ambient for me though other than Eoto, and from my experience Eoto only lets it rip during wompy sets...when its heady kids, ambient then they are all over with it and kinda ehh. Sunday would be fun. Looks like griz and gramatik will prob do Grizmatik if both there and that shit is DOPE. Mimosa pretty consistently lays down the sexy womps...bring y0 lady.

Other than that I'll be at both nights of Bassnectar, probably SCI, and more than likely STS9 even though im never that impressed ;) But its always a fun show! And hittin the nite Knife Party headlines cuz i like heavy shit. Big G is always awesome to close it up with, last years Big G show was one of the best I saw at Red Rocks all year and i went about every weekend. They did projections on the rocks that kicked ass.

M

mendel

Anybody hitting the telluride bluegrass festival? We'll be staking out our spot in my bro's back yard like always, its a great time.

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

^ would like to not sure that I'll make that as it is a 6 hr drive and I was just there for tribe which ripped up that conference center.

Also doing phish at the gorge and probable tahoe.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

As for Global Dub- i would never ever pay to any event that has Flux P headlining again. Wow what a let of down of same songs...over and over. Just caught Doctor P a few weeks back at Beta and he played nothing but FLux songs...how these fools still gettin paid? heard cost to get flux these days is nothin.
Tell us how you really feel, TG :)

Well, I had a bitching time, but yeah, if you don't like the HEADLINER's music, than don't hold out too much hope.

Besides, still got Zomboy and Excision to spice it up.
I've seen a lot of shows at RR, and just gotta say it's the perfect acoustical venue for the Dub.
Of course, it always helps to show up with a belly full of fungus and your bottom bitch Mary Jane at your side.

Still, waiting on RJ to go on tour.

true grit

true grit

Dopegeist- Lol! Don't get me wrong, Zomboy and Excision are great shows still...but Flux absolutely is not. Since the whole electronic/dub shit blew up out here ive seen literally everyone over last 3-4 years, been to most the festy's, etc...some of the guys may not put on great shows but you still go- others you swear to never waste money on again! Lol. Did you catch Excision's Executioner Tour- 100kw of bass? Caught a couple 50kw sets last year and holy shit!

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Last year were my first shows in some time.
I thought he rocked it, from Datsik on I was grooving. But if that is just an okay to crappy show?...
I got to get out more.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Can't do the electronic DJ thing very well, a chick dragged me to a Z-Trip show 2 years ago and I wanted beat my head into the wall before it was all over...

Slayer death mofos!!! Slipknot, Maiden, Sabbath (with Ozzy, forget that Heaven and Hell Dio crap), Anthrax, Pantera/Damage Plan back in the day, Seven dust, Armored Saint, Metallica, etc...not big on death metal from the Swede's but regular ol metal and thrash, Im there..mixin it up

"My name is Pato Banton, this is my religion" love me some reggae and hard ass jazz as well...Crack Hitler, Syncopated Taint(anything with Skerik in it), Primus, Claypool, Buckethead, Galactic...love that New Orleans progressive jazz

M

Mr Dank

I'm not a fan of electronica at all...I've been to a handful of Bassnectar shows, Pretty Lights, etc....and after seeing what todays kids are into, I wanted to get neutered after the show

Latest posts

Top Bottom