The Front Range Concert-goers thread

• Thread starter We Solidarity
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Classic Remix

Classic Remix

Hahahahahahaha. I'm mid 20s and still consider myself a kid. I loved techno and shit in High school, but a big difference techno you know what the fuck is happening hahaha.

I don't know, I wish I could like it. When I think of dubstep, I think of that kid, who was usually like your best friends little brother, running around the house naked with hardcore ADD, randomly crying half the time and making that weird bottom of your throat voice like in the little raskals... Put that dude with a computer (not instruments) and tell him to make music, that's what comes out.

Like handing me a keyboard to roll dough IMO, sure it can get it done but fuck.

To each their own of course.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I saw Gwar a few years ago before Cory Smoot (Flattus Maximus) RIP died, it was off the chain and the altered states were in full effect..

Sepultura is a badass sore neck show if ya ever get the chance...

About the most electronic music I can handle is Prodigy and they are badass to see live..

I've seen Pepper and Stoopid about 10 times out here

Dirty Heads is a good show

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Funny story...I was up at the Aggie in Foco about 4 years ago at a Pepper concert, MollyGoo whacked outta my mind, I mean hangin on the rails styley and I see this hot chick with her dude dancin all around me and lookin at me smilin..Im thinkin these cats are into some freaky deaky or something and are lookin for a stunt cock or something and I'm down for it to say the least..lol..so she walks over to me all seductive dancin like and whispers in my ear" Its good to see OLDER people like them comin out for local shows" I was like shit, I look fuckin old....lol...I'm only 40 or so....took the wind right outta my pants...lol

M

Mr Dank

GWAR? haha
seen 'em a few times. my trimmer has dragged me to many GWAR shows over the years. First time was 16 years ago....

M

Mr Dank

best live metal I've seen is Iron Maiden, Metallica, Pantera, and Judas Priest. I love a good metal show, especially if the guitarist is good. I prefer the old school screaming than the "growl" of today's metal

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Hell yea Dank....love to get my old school metal on....Priest always kills it, Dokken is no joke, I saw Maiden last year at Fidler's Green...awesome show...I am kinda liking that Pantera knock off band Texas Hippie Coalition but I haven't seen them live yet..but I think 5 Finger Death Punch is weak sauce...Lamb of God and Otep are on my must see list for new metal

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
My first Priest concert I think was Screamin for Vengance back in the day but for me Turbo was the best show..I sat front center...

I sat front center for Triumph that was badass..Rick Emmitt and Gil Moore killed it...I sat front center for 2 nights on Metallica black album tour and front center for Metallica/Cult

I used to squirrel badass concert tickets hwen I wanted them

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

If you get a chance to see Satch (Joe Satriani), when not playing in Chickenfoot, he rocks the mutha fukkin haus!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I saw Satriani back in the day..I saw Steve Via with Stu Hamm on bass that shit was killer..would love to see Chickenfoot

I want to see Jack White soon for some reason

Saw Stevie Ray Vaughn a few times way back in the day..

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

would love to see Chickenfoot
That's what I thought. But unless you really like their stuff on UTube, you're in for dissapointment. Sammy hasn't aged since the 80's, though, he's always looked this ragged. I saw the names, got a woody, and left unfulfilled.

true grit

true grit

Lol @ you guys. EDM scene isn't for most folks that for sure, but sadly it is taking over everything it seems. Have to say growing up with techno i hated electronic. Now i don't mind it. Has turned into the "metal" of our time. I can GUARANTEE you guys would prob be ripping your ears/eyes out to some of the shit we listen to lol.

Was pissed I missed Iron Maiden again this year and Gwar. I think Gwar would be a wild ass show.

@TK saw SRV as a kid back in Austin. Think it was Aquafest or some shit way back. Wish i coulda understand who i was watching at the time!

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I saw Ministry and Skinny Puppy one night back in the day and it was awesome...the next weekend I saw Red Hot Chili Peppers

Jimmy Vaughn and Fabulous Thunderbirds were also a great show way back when...Ian Moore, New Bohemians, BillyGoat, Earl Harvin Trio, Ten Hands, Hellified funk crew, Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Pantera, Drowning Pool..man I used to go to alot of Texas bands shows

Before my house burned down in '92, I had a pile of stubs 2 foot tall, had to start over collecting after that

cannarado

cannarado

Premium Member
Supporter
Fucking love Ministry bro...thieves and liars

On another note. Forecast keeps dropping for Saturdays Cypress Hill show. Looking like a chance of some precip

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Its lookin like Red Rocks is goin to have brutal weather Saturday...die hards and soldiers only, pussies need not apply...lol

true grit

true grit

Ya don't think folks realize how cold its gonna be up there. lol

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Break out the Pow gear...I am actually kind of rethinkin the concert now....it is goin to be unpleasant to say the least and we're gettin a couple inches of snow an hour right now

Dorje

Dorje

I like most everything... and there's a lot of great "electronica" these days... Check out Thievery Corporation, Beats Antique, Bonobo, Amon Tobin and many more. Even if it's not your thing it's hard to argue there isn't a lot of talent there.

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Hope Thievery Corp doesn't sell out too fast, always wanted to see them and begining of August is going to be great weather.

true grit

true grit

Is it at Red Rocks? Bet it wont sell out too quick. Last years Thievery show was pretty damn groovy at RR. Had a great time.

@Dorje- Did you see the Amon Tobin ISAM? Im personally not a fan of his dj sets but ISAM is just next level art. Talk about weird, sit back and trip shit. Missed this years but saw it last year and was amazed. Beats is always fun, best was them and Tipper. And if any of you like to really groove out and dance- go see Tipper. Very weird, very awesome, always sells out- so if ya see em snag em when he comes thru.

Top Bottom