The Gas Lantern Techinique!!!

• Thread starter caveman4.20
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Sea do you have a specific style or suggestion cuz this is a hydro experiment that needs to happen in the same area as soil grow. I have supplies to set up various hydros but ive never did hydro next to soil you know as far as contamination and would a seed grow or clone grow be better for this experiment?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I think you should work with a line you're already familiar with, which would more likely be a clone, yes? No worries as far as contamination as long as you're careful, handle the hydro plants first and keep everything healthy (instead of chasing problems). That also means use methods you're most familiar and comfortable with, that do you best. Make the light the *only* variable.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

I think you should work with a line you're already familiar with, which would more likely be a clone, yes? No worries as far as contamination as long as you're careful, handle the hydro plants first and keep everything healthy (instead of chasing problems). That also means use methods you're most familiar and comfortable with, that do you best. Make the light the *only* variable.
Whats the most successful organic hydro method you know of? Ihave synthetic Cyco nutrients fromaustralia but little experience.with it....thanks for advice.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm the wrong person to ask about that. :)

summitoker

summitoker

if you grow in a soiless medium and feed the plants via some kind of organic solution like g.o that is essentially organic hydroponics. Sunshine mix fed with biocanna works great for me.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Well im about to get this poppin again yesterday i took some clones and should have an update soon of how well this light schedule roots clones

so the pics will come up once my data plan recycles but a lil details on challenges of this experiment goes as follows:
These clones are rooting in soil...i did not cut the clones underwater to prevent air embelism or whatever and the host plants are all two going on three weeks old....clones were all taken from inner bottoms of plants, with new barber Razor and all from healthy host plants ....heat matts are set at 75 f with sensor inside the dome not underneath the tray clonex rooting gel but very old and recycled and diluted with filtered water....soil was watered with bacterias fungus's and sea kelp but not prepared hours before cutting placed in them so there are many factors going against their rooting but hopefully that translates to this new schedule being sufficient if not just as good or maybe even better than TRADITIONAL veg methods......Stay tuned and i hope you enjoy this dirtbagger show!

Caveman

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

oh ya no control group but there are so many here already at the farm but im not sure any one is rooting in soil and its Happy Frog the brown bag by the way....Peace and Chicken Grease

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm such a lazy cloner, which is why I don't get an excellent rooting rate.
<looks embarrassed>
I even change my methods around all the time. I always start seeds in soil, though, always.
And I'm too cheap to buy actual seedling mats but I probably should!
<looks even more embarrassed>

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

clones looking great maybe half are going to reveg theother half look like the confused one leaf grow stage and everything is green and standing at attention pics soon maybe even root shots if i wait till day 5 or later and i have a 125w cfl over three small black trays....

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I'm so lazy! But, I also don't want to fire up the indoor and start adding a power bill to the mix we've got going. God damn it, I feel stuck in a huge rut.

I am now growing vicariously through you, caveman, and through all farmers.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

if you grow in a soiless medium and feed the plants via some kind of organic solution like g.o that is essentially organic hydroponics. Sunshine mix fed with biocanna works great for me.
Is that hempy bucket good i was thinking maybe throwing some coco in the 2/3 perlite 1/3 vermiculite mix or maybe 2/3 perlite 1/3 (50/50coco-vermiculite)???? what do you think

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

i think thats considered Terra Ponic but i agree with you since nutes delivered via water its hydro but ill try it soon and the update looks good on the rooting these clones in this interrupted light schedule (gas lantern).

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

2013 01 10 16 41 28 31

Dopegeist

Dopegeist

Don't be surprised if it takes longer. When taking cuts from a sexually mature female, it can take a little longer to get them back into veg. It's almost as if they have to re-veg.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Atmost a month im thinking or next full moon which ever comes first!

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Dope how soon you think the clones should get blasted with light intensity ?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

ill have pics soon and by then it will be more than just one rooted clone lol damn this is working out good for me ....
I think it has something to do with this ....Science is not my cup of tea but it sure does help when trying to understand somethings.....
.What are circadian rhythms?
Circadian rhythms are physical, mental and behavioral changes that follow a roughly 24-hour cycle, responding primarily to light and darkness in an organism’s environment. They are found in most living things, including animals, plants and many tiny microbes. The study of circadian rhythms is called chronobiology.
circadian_rhythm_labeled1.jpg

Are circadian rhythms the same thing as biological clocks?
No, but they are related. Our biological clocks drive our circadian rhythms.
What are biological clocks?
The biological clocks that control circadian rhythms are groupings of interacting molecules in cells throughout the body. A “master clock” in the brain coordinates all the body clocks so that they are in synch.
What is the master clock?
The “master clock” that controls circadian rhythms consists of a group of nerve cells in the brain called the suprachiasmatic nucleus, or SCN. The SCN contains about 20,000 nerve cells and is located in the hypothalamus, an area of the brain just above where the optic nerves from the eyes cross.
Do circadian rhythms have a genetic component?
Yes. Researchers have already identified genes that direct circadian rhythms in people, fruit flies, mice, fungi and several other model organisms used for studying genetics.
Does the body make and keep its own circadian rhythms?
Circadian rhythms are produced by natural factors within the body, but they are also affected by signals from the environment. Light is the main cue influencing circadian rhythms, turning on or turning off genes that control an organism’s internal clocks.
How do circadian rhythms affect body function and health?
Circadian rhythms can influence sleep-wake cycles, hormone release, body temperature and other important bodily functions. They have been linked to various sleep disorders, such as insomnia. Abnormal circadian rhythms have also been associated with obesity, diabetes, depression, bipolar disorder and seasonal affective disorder.
How are circadian rhythms related to sleep?
Circadian rhythms are important in determining human sleep patterns. The body’s master clock, or SCN, controls the production of melatonin, a hormone that makes you sleepy. Since it is located just above the optic nerves, which relay information from the eyes to the brain, the SCN receives information about incoming light. When there is less light—like at night—the SCN tells the brain to make more melatonin so you get drowsy.

Latest posts

Top Bottom