The GR33N ROOM: 1

• Thread starter GR33NL3AF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Right on man. Thanks for the speedy reply. You are very detail oriented and it seems to be paying off nicely. Good call on the increase in dedicated veg space, always a good investment. Im looking forward to watching this progress. Is the peat mix your using comparable to pro-mix? Thanks for sharing, gl on this run

It is called mega roots, manufactured by Wheeler Zamaroni in Santa Rosa, CA. It's 100% peat cut with perlite, and a light mix of organics. I just bought promix for my future runs, the runoff on this stuff is super high, though my plants look great... Don't like it.
http://monstergardens.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=25_127&product_id=2696

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

Would those thermal shields you use on your reflector be useless for unvented lights?

ttystikk

ttystikk

Would those thermal shields you use on your reflector be useless for unvented lights?

To be honest, ditching the entire fixture is the best course in this case, as most glazed hoods are designed to run sealed and actively cooled. If they aren't being used that way, they are quite inefficient and contribute to excess heat.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

To be honest, ditching the entire fixture is the best course in this case, as most glazed hoods are designed to run sealed and actively cooled. If they aren't being used that way, they are quite inefficient and contribute to excess heat.

Yes, the jackets do jack shit when not vented but, my AC is handling my room so well I never bothered myself to take them off.

tty, I agree, I was planning on filling the room with Blockbusters when I go to 9Kw and need to vent. I needed a smaller hood than the magnums and the BB's kicked ass in Grener's relfector test.

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Bbs are great hoods you will like. Killer show gr33n. Really digging you showing us your style. I recently went into a few rooms lately where the growers have a veg and 2 week flip in that room (about 1/3 of the final bloom room size) they flip in the 4k room for 2 weeks and then move to the 9k room. Able to squeeze 7 rips in a year!! Seems like something up your alley. Peace homie

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Bbs are great hoods you will like. Killer show gr33n. Really digging you showing us your style. I recently went into a few rooms lately where the growers have a veg and 2 week flip in that room (about 1/3 of the final bloom room size) they flip in the 4k room for 2 weeks and then move to the 9k room. Able to squeeze 7 rips in a year!! Seems like something up your alley. Peace homie

Also note they have no mom room either just take cuts and thin out of healthy plants. Pretty space saving.

I usually take my cuts from previous crops, especially when I run my large SOG, i'll end up with 1500+ cuts. I do this until my mother has bushed back and then I start over again.

That setup sounds legit. It's definitely where I'd like to be and I would been there now if it weren't for the rape job I got last outdoor season on my goods.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

10/24/13: Didn't do much today except enjoy the 3-4"s of growth sense Tuesday.
  • Added 1.5gal of tea to 20 gallons of water and let them have it 10 gallons per bed, they were still moist from Sunday's watering.
  • Lowered first light on the far (shorter) table to help promote heat/stretch.
  • Decreased lights on by 2 more hours, now 14/10
  • As you can see in the last 2 photos I'm starting to get a little leaf tweak and burn. Going to let them ride it out for a couple more days before I raise the lights, cut back their stretch a bit.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

lookin good. i like how dialed in you are with your room. gonna produce some fine buds.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Is there any particular reason you went w/ magnetic ballasts and not digital?

No reason other than cost. I'm slowly upgrading all this equipment for efficiency however as I stated a few posts back I'm just pulling myself out of the hole last seasons outdoor put me in. I had falling outs with brokers and had 15 units stolen from me. Needless to say I don't front anymore..

legaleyes13

legaleyes13

No reason other than cost. I'm slowly upgrading all this equipment for efficiency however as I stated a few posts back I'm just pulling myself out of the hole last seasons outdoor put me in. I had falling outs with brokers and had 15 units stolen from me. Needless to say I don't front anymore..

That sucks man, but your setup is sweet. You'll be back in no time. No a/c is a huge plus.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I front to no one whom I don't know, trust, done business with for awhile, KNOW WHERE THEY SLEEP, and have something of theirs they want back. And then only once- the point of which is to get off the front!

I'm doing a lighting upgrade, too. I'm very frustrated that Philips can't seem to make a screw in Greenpower thouie!

iCultivate

iCultivate

That is a very cool indoor setup! Could even do something like that outdoors, albeit rather pointlessly.

-- iCultivate --

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

That is a very cool indoor setup! Could even do something like that outdoors, albeit rather pointlessly.

-- iCultivate --

Would be really cool to fill a greenhouse with these and just swap these casters for some larger, rubber one.

C

cheech

Oh shit, I was assuming the Mini Split A/C...
I also remove the covers on my fans, seems to make them a little quieter and operate smoother. Just a habit I've done sense I started, building super quiet rooms. They arn't strong enough to cause damage if hit, just a little wake up call..

Not that this will happen to you(especially if your fans aren't in an area you need to walk by), but I had a room with many oscillating fans that didn't have the front or back covers on like yours. Had a run in with a blade that lacerated my forehead last week. I had to use butterfly bandages to keep the skin pulled together while the liquid skin I purchased dried over the would, sealing it shut and keeping the laceration from opening back up. Bought a bottle of mederma for when the scab comes off, because there will be a scar. Really, really sucked, and it left me bitterly angry at myself for trying to maneuver through the room after having 3 beers within an hour.

Now my fans all have the back and front covers on them. I think the accident could have been avoided if the back cover was at least on, but I won't take the chance ever again. I'm certain it would have happened eventually even if I weren't buzzed because I had 2 small run ins on my skull previously while ducking under blades. Stay safe!

Latest posts

Top Bottom