GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

What's up Farmer's,

Here is the second installment to my 4 room's. This room consists of:
  • (2) 4'x8'x6" beds, on casters, smart pot liners, full of fresh Canna Coco
  • 6000 watts overhead with brand new Genesis bulbs
  • No A/C, this room's heat is controlled by a 10" inline fan
  • No CO2
Yesterday (10/30/13): I harvested the entire room and trekked the 240 gallons of peat down a flight of stairs and dumped it out back. I did some cleaning and introduced 20 bags of Canna Coco. This will be my first run with pure Coco, I'm pretty excited. The strain I will be running in this room is: Uprising Seed Company's Peter Tosh (White OG x Ken's GDP), this specific geno/pheno is leaning more towards the OG side of things, the final product Wreaks of lemon.
The gr33n room 2
The gr33n room 2 2
The gr33n room 2 3
The gr33n room 2 4
The gr33n room 2 5
The gr33n room 2 6
The gr33n room 2 7
The gr33n room 2 8
The gr33n room 2 9

Camdawg

Camdawg

Could you make a slide using the backside of some old carpet and some 2x2x8 along with rope attached to the totes? Kinda controlled slide?

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Could you make a slide using the backside of some old carpet and some 2x2x8 along with rope attached to the totes? Kinda controlled slide?

Hahah, I'll incorporate that into my next room...
Fucking boss status!

Thanks Z!!
Green,how do you like the beds at only 6" deep and what is your drain setup?

The drain setup up is the same fittings that would be used on a flood and drain, it's a basic botanicare tray. I like the shorter depth better because it requires WAY less water to get the appropriate run-off. I'm sure it's restricting root growth because I have noticed my plants in the 12" beds are utilizing the entire foot for roots. Recently it took my 12" beds 1 week to dry, these beds, in late bloom need to be saturated daily.

Thanks for stopping by Fish!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Awesome set up there exactly what i was thinking of doing next and also considering coco , thou knat control with coco concerns me a bit....

best of luck - i'll be checking in from time to time - especially since i still have 10 peter tosh beans and never ran them to there fullest potential - had to chop a little early still was good smoke , just would like to see it ambered up some and keep a mom alive as uprising has vanished

blessings SoSerTHC1

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Awesome set up there exactly what i was thinking of doing next and also considering coco , thou knat control with coco concerns me a bit....

best of luck - i'll be checking in from time to time - especially since i still have 10 peter tosh beans and never ran them to there fullest potential - had to chop a little early still was good smoke , just would like to see it ambered up some and keep a mom alive as uprising has vanished

blessings SoSerTHC1

Ya, kind of weird about Uprising, all of the beans I received from him were legit! Hope I do them right Soser..
Awesome, I am so subbed for this. Those beds look great!

Thanks Monkey! Stay tuned...I plan on putting my heart and soul into this one...lol

Update soon...Worked my ass off today in there...

J

Jalisco Kid

I would be on the couch for a week if I had to carry that much. Instead of having all coir which retains moisture well maybe try a chow mix in 25% of your bed to see if that might help you more. JK

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Looking good! Almost exactly how my setup is. Except I use 2parts coco chips to 1part coco coir. I found the mix gave me much better results than straight coco. Although, Ive seen folks kill it in straight coco beds as well. Whatever works! At least with the coco beds, if you re-use it, you wont have to haul tons of coco after every round. Ive found the coco gets better with each round. Although, about 25% of the coco gets replaced each round. Thats still better than 100% though!

How do you like the Active Air Filters? I used a small one in a tent before and it didnt work quite as well for me as the higher end filters.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I would be on the couch for a week if I had to carry that much. Instead of having all coir which retains moisture well maybe try a chow mix in 25% of your bed to see if that might help you more. JK

I'm going to take baby steps into Coco, I'm researched a variety of different additives and after speaking with my nMeeks I felt starting with straight Canna would be ideal, keep things simple. We'll see how long it takes them to dry as there will be about 72 plants per 4'x8', I would imagine it will be quick. Thanks for stopping by JK.

Btw, I visited Jalisco for the Feb. Festival, about 3 years ago, I was the only gringo in town... Had a blast!

Looking good! Almost exactly how my setup is. Except I use 2parts coco chips to 1part coco coir. I found the mix gave me much better results than straight coco. Although, Ive seen folks kill it in straight coco beds as well. Whatever works! At least with the coco beds, if you re-use it, you wont have to haul tons of coco after every round. Ive found the coco gets better with each round. Although, about 25% of the coco gets replaced each round. Thats still better than 100% though!

How do you like the Active Air Filters? I used a small one in a tent before and it didnt work quite as well for me as the higher end filters.

Hey Manic, Like I mentioned above I'm going to consider additives next round and yes I will certainly be re-using.

I can't really speak on behalf of the filter, this is my only room that needs one as it is my only 'residential' room. It seems to be doing the trick, though I ran only 4 lights last round and hardly needed the inline fan because heat wasn't an issue. This will be my second round in this room and the first 2 weren't strains that produce a HEAVY nose but this OG should put that filter to the test... How often do people usually replace their filters?

GL

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

11/1/13 Update:
I ran 20 gallons of nutrient solution through each 4'x4' square with Jack's ratios of 2-1-.5 at different strength ppms. Each was pH'd down to 5.6 and the runoff was between 5.7-5.8. First square received 500ppm, 2nd was 450ppm, 3rd was 400ppm, and 4th was 350ppm. This will be my first test to find the sweet spot for pre-charging coco.

Then I (courtesy of TheOneAndOnly Z) dipped each clone's plug into a Tupperware container with a qt. of distilled water containing 1 tsp of Cap's Root pack and Nute pack mixed in nicely. Then dipped each clone into a neem oil/Pyrethrin mix as a precaution against bugs.

Out of 144 clones I only had 1 that was not showing roots but I'm confident they will appear any day now. I planted 72 per table or 36 per 4'x4' square. Recently I have been taking much smaller cuts, maybe 3-4" tall, and when I transplant I try to bury them to the first node. I find this helps with support and seems to offer more momentum in early veg.

Here's the pics from today, I will be running the middle lights on each table at 600w until they get settled.
001 3
002 3
003 3
004 3
005 2
006 2
007 2

manicgrower

manicgrower

Premium Member
Supporter
Cant wait to see them go! Have you done the Cap's dip before? I might start doing this with my cuts!

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

They will grow real fast and fill in with a quickness. Trellis is just smart IMO. Also on filters the more you replace the profiler which is like 20$ the longer the life. I changed mine every 6 months max and the filters have a good 2yrs. Not something you want to skimp on since it's detrimental if in certain areas.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Cant wait to see them go! Have you done the Cap's dip before? I might start doing this with my cuts!

First time, but I think in the future I going to mix up enough to fill my clones trays and just let them sit in the solution and soak it in for awhile. In my next room I will soak some this way and some with a concentrated tea. See which works better.

They will grow real fast and fill in with a quickness. Trellis is just smart IMO. Also on filters the more you replace the profiler which is like 20$ the longer the life. I changed mine every 6 months max and the filters have a good 2yrs. Not something you want to skimp on since it's detrimental if in certain areas.

Thanks for the info MWD...You should know while staring at my computer screen trying to figure out what to fill my beds with, I read through your grow log again (coco vs peat) and chose the coco.

Latest posts

Top Bottom