The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

TOPIC - I want some seeds here, will help A-1 too :)
DATE - 09:52:10 10/25/99
FROM - BushyOlderGrower

Hey if the NLW/Haze or just some NLW would be great, I want the NLW strain I am not sure of how to do this so please email me I want a couple packets , one of the t2h1 would also be ok or any good yeilding indoor strain that is potent :) I bid , I have to get some NLW mainly, it seems my genetics could be better :) BOG 15 bucks per packet is no rip off that is for sure how about 16 per packet of something like mentioned. Wish I could get some Blueberry! As I have already donated a little to A-1 I hope you believe me as sincere in my wish to help him in his cause, our cause, we are winning the medical mari war :) Thanks all for the help here, I spend to much time at Overgrow in the Tank. Why am I only geting one side of this board to load now?

SpiderK

SpiderK

TOPIC - Auction, Strains, & Seeds for B.O.G.
DATE - 10:45:50 10/19/99
FROM - Curious George

The auction seems to have raised a considerable chunk of change for A-1's defence. That's good. Not only did we have
the opportunity to lend a hand, we had a chance to act on our principles. It felt good.

Now I'm left wondering what the heck it is I've got? Some of the strain names were familiar, but some were a complete
mystery. Some were outlined in posts to the board, but a few were not.

For instance,can anyone tell me what T2 - H1 - Haze is? The haze, as I recall, is a cerebral and slow to mature sativa
varient, but what's the rest of that cross?

How about NC5A ? Is NLW some sort of Northern Lights? Are any of the auction varieties able to grow well outdoors, or
are they all just for indoors?

Are any of the strains better suited to S.O.G. style grows?

Which of the strains are likely to be an upper and where do we look for "couch lock city"?

I'm getting ready to send off for my auction picks, but if Bushy Old Grower wants to take some of them from HS at my
bid price, he's welcome to do it.

Not having a clue what they are, I'm inclined to get off the pack of T2-H1-Haze ( $15 ), both packs of NLW x Haze ( $15
each ), the NC5A ( ( $15 ), and the Northern Fantasy ( $25 ). Although the haze is supposed to be worth waiting for, it's
slowness probably makes it a poor candidate for indoor/outdoor status.

Frankly, I overbought. Being unable to grow at present, I'd planned on farming them out, so to speak, with several folks
with the requisite experience. But, the thrill of the auction and my natural curiosity won out. If B.O.G. doesn't want
them, I'll certainly make good on all the beans I won.

So, what can we guess about Juicy Russian and Juicy Widow? Someone will probably breed a "Juicy Russian
Widow", if only for the marketing draw of the name!

What should we look for in the Blue Widow or Durban Widow crosses? Can a Durban Widow sing the Blues?

Just curious.

SpiderK

SpiderK

TOPIC - Vic High
DATE - 21:43:14 10/05/99
FROM - Tuthboy

About the Romberry. That is the strain I ordered from Heavens Stairway. Whether they sent me a completely different strain, I don't know. But the seeds they sent were labeled Romberry. Anyway I am about halfway through flowering after growing for about two months from seed. The plants are skinny and between 18" and 24". From the beginning they grew with alternating nodes, the sets of leaves did not come out together. They are forming decent bud tops but I had expected a bigger and hardier plant after reading about Romberry. If that is not what I got, then I got hosed. Yes, the leaves are small and appear more Sativa-like rather than the larger Indica. It is almost like a mini-plant, wierd. I do have some experience growing and have not varied my methods, so it is definitely the genetics. I will let you know of the final result, but I may have one of the other strains by mistake, any ideas?

SpiderK

SpiderK

TOPIC -
DATE - 13:34:13 10/05/99
FROM - Vic High

Green Machine, my guess is that chemo donated the pollen to your romberry suprise. Grapefruit also is heavy into
preflowering, but no males of it were around. Could be a throwback of some of the sweet tooth genetics as well? But
chemo is most likely, those boys wouldn't stop, haha. Both GF and chemo are great in the flower room, but getting
them there is a pain in thew ass if you like big plants as I do. They seem to veg great until they reach about 12" and
then slow right down and go into heavy preflower mode. Chemo gets so bushy and thick, it would make most
christmas trees jealous, yes even the plantation ones, haha.

I would love some feedback on how that combo turned out, bud wise. I'm not overly impressed with the bud quality of
chemo on it's own, but curious as to how it's crosses will perform.

SpiderK

SpiderK

TOPIC - Nevils Haze x Afgani (HGf)
DATE - 06:32:17 3/17/100
FROM - Budm

Hi All, well afoaf is embarking on a project that hes had planned for a year, the genetics have finally come together, and
can be crossed, the text below, is a cut and paste of a mesg to Vic about the project, Vic susgested that it would
make a good topic for a community board, so any thoughts or ideas are much apprechiated. So far afoaf has 7 Nevils
Haze beans germing, and 6 Afgani (HGF).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This would be an awesome question for public posting

I would follow DJ's lead on this one. The reason is that the afghani should be quite uniformand chances of picking a
good male would be in your favour. Haze is well known for it's inconsistent results. The famous killer haze females are
few and far between from what I've heard. It only makes sense that the same would follow for the haze males. It is
easier to find the best haze female than haze male so you hedge your bets of a good cross by going with a haze
female/afghani male.

But find a good potent haze male and who knows

----- Original Message -----
Hi Vic, I hope your well;-)
Ive had a cross in mind for over a year, and its finally comming together. NevilsHaze X Afgani, I just recieved along with
the Beauty and the Beast, HGF's Afgani, reputeably the best Afgani on the market, over 10 years of refining. Ive been
holding the Nevs Haze, for this cross.

I read the DJ Short article about breeding Blueberry, and he said the Thai x Afgani, was "much more intresting" and
free of hermi's, then the female Afgani x Thai. Im sure that the cross will have hybrid vigor, more diverse genes are
unimaginable, but which to use of the females and males as far as strain is concerned??? Id apprechiate any input you
might have. Im going to start the B&B as well this week. Ill let you know how they progress. Thanks for your time.Take
care and be well.

Any thoughts youall can share would be great, from time-to-time, Ill keep youall informed as to the development of the
seedlings. TIA and youall have a nice weekend;-)

Peace

SpiderK

SpiderK

TOPIC - another day over with rye in hand :)
DATE - 19:05:37 3/03/100
FROM - Vic High

Johny - just razzin ya dude :)

Lurkin, It wouldn't suprise me if LEO is aware of the auction, but it also wouldn't suprise me if they were aware of
Heavan's Stairway prior to the auction either. Hell I assume they are aware of me too ;) But I hear what your saying. I
think the most observable surge would be with Heavan's Stairway's incoming mail and it won't contain anything illegal.
Leo would have no reason to open these so your only real risk is if you place your real name and addy on the outside
of the envelope. As for HS's outgoing, they've been doin gthis for a while and they have given it alot of thought so I just
trust their experience. I personally think my mailing method is better, hehe, but I don't tell them how to ship and they
don't tell me how to breed. And they definately are more experience than me in getting the product safely to the
customer.

CG - If you notice, I only rate my strains indoors simply because I only grow indoors. However, both blueberry and
romberry have been successfully grown outdoors in Nevada, California, and Vancouver that i know of. Romberry
finished earlier than blueberry despite it's longer flowering period. I attribute this to the fact that blueberry has
undergone a longer period of indoor selection than the romulan parentage. Actually, romulan seems to have more of an
american west coast outdoor heritage. It is very similar to an outdoor oregon strain my friend calls Emerald Triangle.
They definately share the same pedigree, and another Florida friend who has sampled and grown the Emerald Triangle
genetics feels it is very similar to the infamous Florida krypt. With respect to stealth, anything with romulan in it will be
a security risk, the stuff stinks!! Also, FWIW, romulan is very bud mold resistant but is succeptable to powdery mildew.
The C99 and G13 parents also contracted powdery mildew. Blueberry parents are powdery mildew resistant as are the
majority of their offspring. Chemo mom is fairly resistant to powdery mildew but will eventually get it if the infestation is
heavy.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Time 13:52, 6 Oct 1998
From pie

stix>>>> ah yes another name from the past ... gainesville green. seems like that
was my first exposure to seedless pot. also seems like i remember that it had a
little stronger home grown taste than now, but still very pleasurable.

one of the guys i met years ago and re-kindled an acquanitance with used to fly
some of those planes from columbia. he got out of that business when the
market went to the white stuff.

i have heard that the infamous Bow's still exist and are not exported but sold to
tourists only... the white stuff is tooooooooo profitable to mess with smoke. i have
talked with him one time and plan on trying to see if he can get me some seeds.

BTW, i thing his name is 'Visor Boy'. hehehe. do you know that nic?

SpiderK

SpiderK

Time 08:04, 5 Oct 1998
From stix

Pie>>Yep, pretty close, 300 miles south of Hotlanta on I-75 in Fl. I remember a
lot of the primo stuff had links to Atlanta from here. We never got the primo
Mexican here tho, different route. Best came in early days when it was being
flown in in small planes, no bricking or packing and no compost smell, just bales
of loose bud. The "commercial" went for bout $300 lb and the "sorted"
orprimo a little more at between $450-600 for the Coloumbians. Hey,
thanks for the memories Pie, hadnt thought of those days for awhile. Our first
growing attempts was with the Colombian seeds, when we learned to grow it
sensi, it started getting really good, and couple years later some Afghanni
showed up and it got crossed with the Col. and we had some very good "home
grown" as we called it.(others called it Gainesville Green, among other names)

SpiderK

SpiderK

Time 19:50, 4 Oct 1998
From pie

stix>>> was in Hotlanta at the time. also had the red leaved jamacian and the
gold mexican with huge seeds but killer bud that was sweet hashy and expanded
like shit.the prices i remember were $280 for a lb with an increase to $400-$480
over a 2 year period. killer mex was going for about $180-210 a lb.

were we close? from your prices i would suspect you were on the east
coast!?????

SpiderK

SpiderK

Time -3:47, 4 Oct 1998
From stix

Pie>>Hmm, Pie your comment on the Columbians sure hit a warm spot in me!!
Your access to those buds make me wonder if you and I werent neighbors
during that time. I live in one of the areas that was major entry point for the
Columbian and Jamacian during that era and consequently we got access to the
cream of the crop so to speak!! I remember one morning a student rode his bike
to my house with a quarter pound of the prettiest golden yellow coloumbian buds
Ive ever seen, smell like mint, only wanted $160 for the lot. I agree completely
about todays strains versus then. They are plenty potent today, but the high is
not as exciting as the strains then. Good Jamacian had a buzz that was so
intense and buzzy it made you feel you had a finger on an electric wire or
something. Boy those were the days!

Time 20:22, 3 Oct 1998
From Bill Clinton

I remember once about 15 years ago my brother got a gram of some killer hash.
A friend joined us and we smoked the whole gram at once because we
were too stupid to know better. I've never laughed like that since.
Vic - hope the Peruvian turns out good, or at least maybe isolate the non-hermy
genes. I'm also looking for Nigerian, I've heard it's the best hands down. I don't
believe HempBC sends here & can't find it anywhere else. Perhaps one to look
for one day? (major hint, eh?)JK, but I would like any info on where to find it. TIA

SpiderK

SpiderK

Time 14:12, 17 Oct 1998
From Vic High

Oldtimer, almost missed you down below. I'm always looking for alternate
versions. That would be great. I have a limited supply of romulan/P75 seeds on
the way. I figure they will be a prototype of a possible future romulan/princess
hybrid that might be worth me and Soul working together on. I would be happy to

share some with you to test out.

Last week I planted some of the following with germination rates noted.

G13/NL (thanks dankmaster?) 5/5
bubbi's blueberry (thanks bubbi) 12/13
Homegrown Fantaseed's ww/afghani hybrid (wwsp) (thanks richard) 10/10
ncga's bluewidow (bw) (thanks sawtooth) 5/5
SBC's kush special (kushsp) (thanks Dave) 9/10
SBC's superkush (skush) (thanks Dave) 5/5

There's not many of each, but there should be enough to give a good indication
of each.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Peruvian Trials

June 4th - Seeds mailed by Heaven's Stairway.
Peruvian Skunk (9010) - planted 10 seeds
Seeds larger than average. All in good condition.

Peruvian Sativa Pure (9020) - planted 10 seeds
Seeds average to small in size. One was cracked and 1 was tiny and looked immature.

Romberry - planted 28 seeds as a control (48 spots in a flat). Outer seed coat appeared to be pealing.

June 20th -seeds planted in 2 parts sunshine mix #1 to 1 part perlite. Soil was watered with 50 drops/gal Nutrilife's nutriboost 1. Seeds were pushed into soil but not covered. After planting, soil and seeds were misted with a no-damp solution.

June 24th June 25th July1

Per sativa 0/10 3/10 4/10
per skunk 3/10 8/10 8/10 **
romberry 25/28 28/28 28/28

** a 9th seedling has germinated but is stuggling to sprout above soil.

July 1st - Four sativas have skinny true leaves and look like healthy sativas. Skunks are looking good as well.

August 1 - Due to space constraints, the seedlings were left in the seedling flat till this day. They have been growing under flos and foliar fed with alaska fish fertilizer. Despite being small, they all look quite healthy. They are all about 7-9" tall with between 7 and nine sets of true leaves. The 4 sativa, 7 best skunks, and 20 best romberry were transplanted into 2 gal pots and placed under 1000w MH. Soil in pots is super soil mix with an addition of worm castings. Lighting is 750 lumens (at plant tops)from stationary lighting.

August 14 - the tops were removed from all and cloned. Each plant was numbered and labelled.

Sept 11 - both the skunks and sativas were moved to the flower room. The romberry's were not because of wanting to time the pollen release just right of the best males. Heights were measured (inches) and number of nodes from the pinched top counted. Lighting is from a three light suncircle containing 2-1000w HPS and 1000w Super MH. Lighting fluctuated between 1500 lumens to 4200 lumens for an average of 2850 lumens.

Peruvian Sativas (Pers)

Plant 1 2 3 4 average
height(inches) 24 22 20 22 22
nodes 13 10 11 11 11.25

Peruvian Skunks (Persk)

Plant 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 average
height 28 23 23 23 27 26 24 24.8
nodes 8 9 7 7 7 7 8 7.5

Oct 1 - skunks all showed sex within 6 days. Sativas took 17 days to be able to sex them. I ended up with 7 out of 7 skunk females and 3 out of 4 sativa females.

Oct 20 - skunk buds are starting to fill in, but still look at least 3 weeks from finishing. Sativas look nowhere close to being finished. I watered with Blossom Blood today. Solution was 1gram per 5 gals of water and each plant recieved 1/4 gallon of solution.

Final results - the skunks produced quality looking bud but lacked yield and aroma compared to other plants in the garden Nothing wrong with them, they just didn't stand out. Peruvian sativas were not suitable in my low light garden. They simply never finished, they just grew, grew, and then died, hehe.

Group 1

Peruvian Skunks (Persk)
Per skunk

SpiderK

SpiderK

None of those look like the Dog. What do you know about the Blue Orca, looks similar to another clone I know?.

Show me pics of dog bud & show me some pre-2006 talk on the forums of the dog i only heard about this in the last few years ...

& explain how u can get 7 elite clones from one seeded bag ........ ( dog) never happen in the history of seed popping ..., the " one " and her 7 sisters were in the hands of boel members. the point being if og / chem's related ( they are not ) then one of these could predate dog along the cali / oregon border. the boel had a compound on the border.

blue orca predates all the hype by 17 years. none of these strains were talked about before gyp's hype train started in 2004 ...., its the point of all these quotes and pictures. no way anybody can find the birthplace for anything. its all speculation. mostly hype ... as u can see many breeders making hybrids w/ thai ....

seems like the peeps holding the cuts now wanna build the story out of sand .....

( quotes from his marketing man from OG )

Aaa

Last edited:
SpiderK

SpiderK

& ya the blue orca looks just like bubba and p.k. and other ..... and its been around since 1984. ( 71' kush x 76' thai - F1's )

B 1 Orca  1

Orca 2

& ya the blue orca looks just like bubba and p.k. and other ..... and its been around since 1984.

SpiderK

SpiderK

Thai stick 1976 x Kandahar 1971 = blue orca, the " one " , mary poppins, the Nazi's Cut, the Commander's Cut, Sparkling Crystals and a few others that no longer exist.

All from the same breeding cycle.....

I started with 100 seeds of each parent plant. From that I took 100 seeds and from that there were 10 plants selected ranging from Indica dominant thru Sativa dominant. There were 9 assholes I wanted to divorce myself from completely and totally so this was the settlement. One final lap around the racetrack.

The rest of the plants ended up in the middle of the desert somewhere between Victorville and Barstow - America's colon

Clackamas Cootz ( B.O.E.L )

SpiderK

SpiderK

So lets recap .....

Koot kept the most sativa dominant ( the one ). the blue orca is a dead ringer for bubba and others. what about the 6 others that have never seen the canna forums ? mary poppins or nazi cut ect ...

Top Bottom