The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SpiderK

SpiderK

i does not matter. when this thread started he was a hero ...., instagram, and he came from this crew the mother hen of the o.g plant. thats the story being sold in the video that started this thread.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Wow @HEMPxxx, I did not think this was you but wow! I do not know you personally bit have came across your story a few times.

Let me ask you a couple of things:
Are there any new strains you are excited on?

Do you still smoke flower?

Do you have any knowledge on Rene boje? Was she connected to this? And if so I would have a plethora of questions about bc strains that I used to smoke when she worked in van.

I really hope you stick around

oahno

oahno

should get the guy his own thread if he's interested like an ask todd or whatever. fuck the haters man this guy did hard time to advance the cause and kept his mouth shut. if that doesn't deserve respect i don't know what does.

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

@oahno hopefully you never have to find this all on your own, so I will tell you. When you're arrested, you can do one of two things: pay 10% to a bondsman, money which you will never see returned. The second thing you can do, is put the full bond up in either cash or property, and if you do that, you will get back all of your money upon completion of the court proceedings. Woody put up the entire amount in 1997 and got it all returned when I went to prison in 2000, the government was even nice enough to pay 5% interest annually.

@FiveAM - I got carried away and I could afford the equipment. And I'm not saying that I did not have workers at my house helping me out to water and repot and keep the house clean, as when I was living in Bel Air money was not an issue, nor was it my intention to sell the Cannabis I was growing for profit. I actually believed that I could make more money off of books, videos, and website information that I could selling grams of weed; my publisher Peter McWilliams was a five-time, New York Times best-selling author and my dreams had nothing to do with selling kilos of Cannabis.

MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Todd McCormick, you are a true american hero. I've been following your story forever since it hit all the major newspapers, tv, etc. - YOUR life and activism has changed millions of lives. Your open defiance of unjust MMJ laws is extremely hardcore, you just go harder than anybody I've ever seen in the movement. FOLKS! Have you even read Todd's book?? Everything he has stated here clearly lines up. Here is a 20 page excerpt from Todd's book. Todd if you want me to remove this excerpt please let me know. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pdm39fnbdoivxg3/Todd McCormick - How To Grow Medicinal Marijuana.pdf?dl=0

HEMPxxx

HEMPxxx

Hey everybody – let me just start off by saying that I most certainly did not come into this forum to start fertilizer with anybody - Mr. Spiderman included. I feel like I have been very fortunate witness too much of this movement and I try to do my part to do what I can to stop the disinformation and spread the truth wherever I can.

A crazy lesson of the whole Bel Air bust was that I experienced a lot of people being very kind to me - I mean, you would never want to test your friends by putting yourself into a horrible situation but to find yourself in a horrible situation and realized there were people like Woody, who stood up and helped me out when I least expected it really was a beautiful experience. I truly believe that nature favors the brave and support came from places I would have never expected, such as, a little old lady from Boise Idaho who was 71 years old, read about our story on ifeminist.com and wanted to write to me telling me that she supported our cause, she did not know me she was just being kind and going through the whole experience was profound. It was made clear to me early on in the prosecution that had I cooperated I could have mitigated the charges against me but at the time I made the decision that I would rather walk away from everything I had ever owned, than to sell my soul cooperating with what I saw as the other side of right.

At my sentencing I delivered a 40 minute speech denouncing government oppression and never apologized for growing flowers I believe that what we are doing is right and that prohibiting nature is wrong. And the main reason I came into this forum is because I wanted to stand on the side of truth, not because I wanted adulation, I learned a long time ago that I really do not like attention, but I do appreciate all of your kind words and sentiment, and I feel the same way about people like Jack Herer, Ben Dronkers, Nevil and many others who have shared their wisdom for the betterment of us all.

I wish I had the answers to all things O.G., truth be told, she was not that famous when I first got her and she was not even my favorite. I caught major shit for calling O.G. high-end commercial bud (at 9 weeks) as comparing it to long flowering HAZE being truly connoisseur quality cannabis. I find it interesting that there is so much interest in this cutting and the only reason I chimed in, is because there was incorrect information being presented including me.

Back in Bel Air I had over 50 strains growing simultaneously, I moved into the house in February and was using the absolutely massive outdoor area to start seeds, I was buying my soil by the pallet and having a blast outdoors while I built my 70 light indoor grow. It was honestly a little boy's dream come true, out of the closet and into a freaking mansion - words cannot describe how much fun I was having simply gardening and staying home. I made friends by happenstance and the herb brings us together. I honestly thought that the law changing made a difference, I mean, after alcohol prohibition ended, did not Jack Daniels go from being a bootlegger to a businessman?

What the press did not report was that I was in negotiations with Larry Flynt and Woody to start a magazine about Cannabis, turns out that Larry Flynt once distributed high times through the 70's and his comment to me was that marijuana was a lot more popular in the late 90s than it was in the late 70s, unfortunately I got busted in the middle of negotiations, but both guys did their best to defend me, Woody bailed me out and Larry sent his lawyers, I did not ask for it and that is probably why they helped me out.

In 1997 I never distributed OG Kush to anybody - and I sure as hell never sold Jason King and eight of Hash Plant for $100.! It may be crazy to comprehend but, I never sold weed to anybody out of the mansion in Bel Air - I did not have to, I had money from my book advance and was too busy spending it, to worry about getting cash for a few grams of dried up flowers, which were in silly abundance in my life at this time. I literally had a dry bar with 50 jars that each comfortably held 100g of buds - for guests.

I grew out many of the strains Dave had such as heavy-duty fruity, his Mendocino, and Hash Plant, I absolutely loved a plant called Babylon - it flowered in under eight weeks but smelled and tasted like a Kali Mist/HAZE, it never developed more than five leaflets and the leaves looked like they were designed by Black & Decker - rigid sharp serrated leaves that turned up, it did not look like an Afghan and sure the flock does not look like OG, in fact nothing in Dave's little bag of tricks even remotely resembled any of the piny/greasy varieties such as; New York City Diesel, Sour Diesel, O.G., or Chem Dawg (in the Dead circle where I first got Chem Dawg - that is how we spelled it, in connection to the band, which is also how I think OG became the tag line to Kush in LA, it was slang that the hip-hop kids used just like "dawg" was slang that the Dead Heads used).

I do not claim to be the best grower - I joke that my teacher, Robert Clarke, has had the opportunity to forget more about Cannabis than I have had the opportunity to learn. (Shameless plug - please pick up a copy of Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany - in it you will see 2 of my photos!) The photos I have posted I have both grown and photographed, so I can speak to their authenticity.

I grew everything Dave had in Amsterdam at Positronics in 1996 after Dave split with Greenhouse - Scott - aka Shanibaba dropped off Dave's plants to me at Posi, if you see him ask him, he'll tell ya. Dave's strains were ok, nothing spectacular, no HAZE, mostly what I would call commercial, 8 to 9 weeks and mostly Afghan crossed varieties. All of his BS about government tested strains is absolute Santa Claus coming down the chimney material. I cannot imagine for a moment that Frank could have walked away from 12 years in prison by simply giving up his garden - which I would like to point out, the DEA took anyway and I am sure samples of his Cannabis ended up at the University of Mississippi for analysis, as does a lot of the cannabis seized.

If anybody wants to private message me they are more than welcome to and I will do my best to answer questions, but I have pretty much stated what I know about the lineage of OG - do not want to mention the guys name who gave it to me out of respect for other people's privacy, so please do not ask.

Please enjoy a pirated copy of our latest film:

G

greyman41420

Todd, I just wanna say I spent the better part of my youth hating on Bill Clinton for never pardoning you while he issued midnight pardons to some of the scummiest people on earth. Plain and simple, thanks for fighting for the movement. I started growing in 1997 and to people like me, your just nothing short of a fucking hero. So easy for people to forget how hard it was to be vocal and speak up back then about the movement. I have not forgotten and seeing you make it to this board made my night.

xPeacePipex

xPeacePipex

You have my respect with all forward dues Todd . I am always happy to meet someone else who knows this plants sacred values while spreading the honest truth about its history and many gifts.....Righteous indeed..

That OG and its origins sure are surrounded in a mythical world it seems. One filled with lies and plenty of elegant takes on others opinions and guesses. When all said and done it seems 90% of the unknown legends are related to intersexing and nothing more . I am no here to argue either about anything but I have seen to many anomalies in all of the OG and its types to believe it is a breeders projection initially. No offence to anyone else this is just my humble view.

I am nothing more then just another humble person who has dedicated decades of life to this plant and when all said and done I find it all irrelevant once the plants begin to speak to me again and I hear no more human chatter including these symbols in front of us all reading them now.. Trust the plants and they will whisper to you in time and even reveal their truest of origins if you listen deep and tune into it all.

When it comes to certain many cuts of unknown origin, I often think it is mainly due to the law and opposition and nothing more regardless of all the lore and myth... The days of unknowns may becoming short but low and behold their will be more to come..

FiveAM

FiveAM

Hey everybody – let me just start off by saying that I most certainly did not come into this forum to start fertilizer with anybody - Mr. Spiderman included. I feel like I have been very fortunate witness too much of this movement and I try to do my part to do what I can to stop the disinformation and spread the truth wherever I can.

A crazy lesson of the whole Bel Air bust was that I experienced a lot of people being very kind to me - I mean, you would never want to test your friends by putting yourself into a horrible situation but to find yourself in a horrible situation and realized there were people like Woody, who stood up and helped me out when I least expected it really was a beautiful experience. I truly believe that nature favors the brave and support came from places I would have never expected, such as, a little old lady from Boise Idaho who was 71 years old, read about our story on ifeminist.com and wanted to write to me telling me that she supported our cause, she did not know me she was just being kind and going through the whole experience was profound. It was made clear to me early on in the prosecution that had I cooperated I could have mitigated the charges against me but at the time I made the decision that I would rather walk away from everything I had ever owned, than to sell my soul cooperating with what I saw as the other side of right.

At my sentencing I delivered a 40 minute speech denouncing government oppression and never apologized for growing flowers I believe that what we are doing is right and that prohibiting nature is wrong. And the main reason I came into this forum is because I wanted to stand on the side of truth, not because I wanted adulation, I learned a long time ago that I really do not like attention, but I do appreciate all of your kind words and sentiment, and I feel the same way about people like Jack Herer, Ben Dronkers, Nevil and many others who have shared their wisdom for the betterment of us all.

I wish I had the answers to all things O.G., truth be told, she was not that famous when I first got her and she was not even my favorite. I caught major shit for calling O.G. high-end commercial bud (at 9 weeks) as comparing it to long flowering HAZE being truly connoisseur quality cannabis. I find it interesting that there is so much interest in this cutting and the only reason I chimed in, is because there was incorrect information being presented including me.

Back in Bel Air I had over 50 strains growing simultaneously, I moved into the house in February and was using the absolutely massive outdoor area to start seeds, I was buying my soil by the pallet and having a blast outdoors while I built my 70 light indoor grow. It was honestly a little boy's dream come true, out of the closet and into a freaking mansion - words cannot describe how much fun I was having simply gardening and staying home. I made friends by happenstance and the herb brings us together. I honestly thought that the law changing made a difference, I mean, after alcohol prohibition ended, did not Jack Daniels go from being a bootlegger to a businessman?

What the press did not report was that I was in negotiations with Larry Flynt and Woody to start a magazine about Cannabis, turns out that Larry Flynt once distributed high times through the 70's and his comment to me was that marijuana was a lot more popular in the late 90s than it was in the late 70s, unfortunately I got busted in the middle of negotiations, but both guys did their best to defend me, Woody bailed me out and Larry sent his lawyers, I did not ask for it and that is probably why they helped me out.

In 1997 I never distributed OG Kush to anybody - and I sure as hell never sold Jason King and eight of Hash Plant for $100.! It may be crazy to comprehend but, I never sold weed to anybody out of the mansion in Bel Air - I did not have to, I had money from my book advance and was too busy spending it, to worry about getting cash for a few grams of dried up flowers, which were in silly abundance in my life at this time. I literally had a dry bar with 50 jars that each comfortably held 100g of buds - for guests.

I grew out many of the strains Dave had such as heavy-duty fruity, his Mendocino, and Hash Plant, I absolutely loved a plant called Babylon - it flowered in under eight weeks but smelled and tasted like a Kali Mist/HAZE, it never developed more than five leaflets and the leaves looked like they were designed by Black & Decker - rigid sharp serrated leaves that turned up, it did not look like an Afghan and sure the flock does not look like OG, in fact nothing in Dave's little bag of tricks even remotely resembled any of the piny/greasy varieties such as; New York City Diesel, Sour Diesel, O.G., or Chem Dawg (in the Dead circle where I first got Chem Dawg - that is how we spelled it, in connection to the band, which is also how I think OG became the tag line to Kush in LA, it was slang that the hip-hop kids used just like "dawg" was slang that the Dead Heads used).

I do not claim to be the best grower - I joke that my teacher, Robert Clarke, has had the opportunity to forget more about Cannabis than I have had the opportunity to learn. (Shameless plug - please pick up a copy of Cannabis: Evolution and Ethnobotany - in it you will see 2 of my photos!) The photos I have posted I have both grown and photographed, so I can speak to their authenticity.

I grew everything Dave had in Amsterdam at Positronics in 1996 after Dave split with Greenhouse - Scott - aka Shanibaba dropped off Dave's plants to me at Posi, if you see him ask him, he'll tell ya. Dave's strains were ok, nothing spectacular, no HAZE, mostly what I would call commercial, 8 to 9 weeks and mostly Afghan crossed varieties. All of his BS about government tested strains is absolute Santa Claus coming down the chimney material. I cannot imagine for a moment that Frank could have walked away from 12 years in prison by simply giving up his garden - which I would like to point out, the DEA took anyway and I am sure samples of his Cannabis ended up at the University of Mississippi for analysis, as does a lot of the cannabis seized.

If anybody wants to private message me they are more than welcome to and I will do my best to answer questions, but I have pretty much stated what I know about the lineage of OG - do not want to mention the guys name who gave it to me out of respect for other people's privacy, so please do not ask.

Please enjoy a pirated copy of our latest film:

Careful, this movie might open your eyes. And when they do, you might just cry.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Alright guys let's keep this chill. The topic of "og Kush" obviously can be a heated one but no need to be rude or disrespectful to another member at all. If what we are seeking is in fact the true origin is of the strain should we not At least stay a little on track and be thankful that someone like Todd, @HEMPxxx, is here to help us shine light on this. Everyone has an opinion, but the less infighting over those opinions and the more we try to get down to lineage the more likely we are to get the answer to the question of the thread.

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

If I was Todd I am not sure I would want to come back to a shit storm, can we not feed the trolls? Please? It's like going to the zoo and wanting to see a Tiger, and some douche bag keeps banging on the cage to piss it off.

Fack!

midwestdensies

midwestdensies

Teamwork gentlemen and LADIES.. lets get things on track. Im rubber your glue mentality. So todd what flavors do you get off your cut? How does it compare to others.cuts youve smoked recently. What cut most represents og to you? Thanks for popping in sorry about the dunces bickering. Come on guys this is not rollitup.

Top Bottom