The History of OG Kush

• Thread starter Green Dot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
wobbly goblin

wobbly goblin

which one is he saying is the truth @delae632 I would think the 1st since they mention the OGERS & somewhere in my mind i have the orgnkid and the ogers cut being intertwined

i would guess that both stories are plausibly the truth..
with the amount of cannabis coming out of gegax's bunkers...that shit had to be shipped everywhere and finding bag seed in literally tons of product is a given...then you have the 90/91 timeline....it makes a good story for sure

fwiw

cannapits

cannapits

Original Swamp Fam
Supporter
please forgive my ignorance but where does this all fit in with the og kush and bubba kush lineages on seedfinder that have been reposted many times in the forums? like the bubba story where west coast dog is mentioned? is seedfinder a reliable source for strain lineage info? another thing, that adam guy needs to let the bald guy do all the talking, he's actually pretty well spoken and information-oriented where as adam just seems to just talk about his own glory days or relate everything back in some way to give himself credit

I take the seed lineage posted on sites with a grain of salt. some is true. some are just guesses. i treat em like wiki. ive even seen wrong info in books such as cannabible. just use it as a base line

F

freeon

The original breeders for greenhouse seed company in the 90's were Neville and Scott(shantibaba). No "Dave".

Chemotype has more to do than just resin profile on a plant.

The idea that you were selecting/breeding 13,000 plants and simultaneously growing to push weight under 280 lights is laughable.

The story about his friend have the potential of going free because the government wanting his strains and the government testing his strains as the highest potency of that time period are just hilarious.

On and on, this guy a straight up bullshit artist.

Myco

Myco

Anybody else not really dig the dude's arrogant and condescending tone? It didn't only seem as though it was necessarily him being 'fed up' with all of the 'false info' out there... just seemed like his nature. Not that it really matters, it's just irritating to listen to or even take seriously.

Not a fan of people like that, but hey, to each his own. It was an interesting topic nonetheless... I didn't finish it last night but plan to this evening...

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Talented Growers have a hard time with humility and breeders sometime aren't aware of there tone....I think most are convinced and have some right to be after all the blood sweat and tears, that's why the humble ones are so few and far between, humble=special!!!

F

freeon

The rumor that og kush's lineage is Afghani/Thai x Afghani(kush or otherwise) has been on the boards for years and years. For those who have the space , time , money and are curious , shantibaba has a couple of newer hybrids with identical lineages. Also another thing folks usually don't know on these boards is that shantibaba has all of Neville's parental stock that survived the 80's and 90's and all of Neville's seed-stock. Essentially shantibaba can recreate any hybrid in existence.

The newer hybrids that stand out of his lineup are:

ASH (Afghan x Skunk) x (Afghan x Haze C)

Master Kaze (Masterkush x Skunk) x (Afghan x Haze C)
-----
Masterkush = Hindu Kush x Hindu Kush discovered and bred by shantibaba

Afghan = Afghan "T" discovered by Neville , mother to the original superskunk bred by Neville

Haze C = A male clone , a sativa hybrid of Thai/Colombian discovered by Neville from seeds bought from Sam the Skunkman

This is where I'd be looking for "OG Kush" like phenotypes. Pine , lemon , fuel , spice , chocolate all day. Hell if you pop a large number you might find something better.

SpiderK

SpiderK

so the haze c is still around ...... ? sweet !

& is he selling master kush ? Edit : thanks found it. SOLD! & just so happens we sit at the 42ºN ..... :)

the hunts on.

" Sensi Seeds Hindu Kush is a pure Indica seed-strain that comes directly from the massive mountain range for which it is named. The Hindu Kush is the western spur of the Himalayas, covering half of Afghanistan and straddling the borders of Pakistan and India, reaching almost to China. This desolate and beautiful region forms an important trade-route between the Middle East, central Asia and the Far East and the ancient cannabis traditions of the surrounding cultures have met and merged here over centuries. Put simply, the Hindu Kush is the absolute centre of the world when considering true Indica or Afghanica genotypes and the various forms of black hashish produced from them. This cultivar has been selected for quality and stability over countless generations, always breeding within its own gene pool. Hindu Kush produces very consistent seedlings and is an excellent variety for uniform indoor crops grown straight from seed. Plants are dark green, squat and powerful with classic, broad-bladed Indica leaves. In warmer climates, below about 42°N, Hindu Kush cannabis seeds can flourish outdoors. Flowering is strong and reliable, producing fast harvests of thick Afghani buds even in the hands of a novice grower. Hindu Kush has a subtle scent of sandalwood tinged with the sweet aroma of fresh charas. Potency is remarkably high for a non-hybrid strain, with the mellow, positive body vibration possessed by the famous high-altitude Indicas. Hindu Kush also imparts a calm, contemplative mental state, instead of the brain-numbing stone of later Indica, Afghanica and Skunk hybrids. "

" Sensi Seeds Maple Leaf Indica is a relatively new release as a seed,. This fat, sticky hash-makers’ plant has long been prized for its sparkling coating of resin glands and syrupy sweet citrus bouquet. Maple Leaf Indica is bred from precious, vintage Afghanica gene-stock – parent plants that have formed part of several important Sensi Seeds hybrids and which represent one of the surviving strains behind original Mazar-i-Sharif hashish. The direct forebears of Maple Leaf Indica were brought out of Afghanistan just before the Soviet invasion and older smokers lucky enough to have visited the region in its peaceful era may find this variety to be a taste – and a blast – from the past. Some of the earliest western references to the Maple Leaf parent strain describe both the plant and the hashish produced from it as “renowned throughout the Hindu Kush and the whole of the Middle East as the best there is. Even by the high standards of the region, Mazar-i-Sharif is a celebrated centre of cannabis and hashish culture, and prior to the Eighties its reputation was greater still. Situated just inside Afghanistan’s northern border, the town’s proximity to the territory of the former USSR made it one of the very first areas to be affected by the invasion. This threat was perhaps the only reason that the traditional cultivators of the Maple Leaf parent strain allowed it to leave their possession, and the collector who received the original cannabis seeds made it a personal mission to preserve this unique Indica. The exodus of sublime Afghani genotypes during that period changed the face of ganja cultivation around the world and western growers have literally reaped the benefits ever since. Maple Leaf represents one of the finest Afghanica varieties ever seen outside the region, back-crossed to express the purity of her ancestors. This strain quickly and easily produces solid buds that drip with crystal and sugary orange-grapefruit flavours. While not the biggest-yielding Afghani in the Sensi collection, Maple Leaf Indica tops the list for resin production and has always been one of our personal favourites. "

" Sensi Seeds Afghani #1: The plants from the fast, heavy, compact side of the cannabis family tree are named after India, and it’s true that these strains are commonly grown for charas in the mountainous north of the country. However, the most perfect examples of the dark, ultra-resinous Cannabis Indica genotype are actually found hundreds of kilometres to the northwest, in the mountains of Afghanistan. Dedicated students of Indica bloodlines often refer to these varieties as ‘Afghanica’ when speaking of their favourites and as ‘hash plants’ when talking generally of the strains found across India, Afghanistan and Pakistan. Many Indica-heads prefer their ganja without a trace of Sativa or Skunk, while some purists will only consume weed or hash that they know to be 100% Cannabis Indica In years past, the most determined Indica-lovers have journeyed all the way to Pakistan, then across the Afghan border into ‘hashish country’ — the high reaches of the Hindu Kush between Chitral, Mazar-i-Sharif, down to Kandahar in the south — in search of pure, unaltered local seeds which might be brought home to grow into the Afghanica of their dreams. A more reliable and cost-effective option is simply to obtain a packet of Sensi‘s Afghani #1. The very best parents from our unparalleled range of Afghani cultivars have been distilled into a single seed variety that gives growers textbook examples of the Afghanica genotype every time. Anyone looking for a fast, easy-growing indoor strain capable of copious yields and almost-frightening resin production need look no further. Whether growers want uniform crops from cannabis seed or outstanding pure Indica mother plants to fill their flowering space with dynamic dark green clones, Afghani #1 has it covered. Even first-timers find it hard not to succeed with this strain, and growers who bring out the full potential of Afghani #1 rank her among the finest original Indicas to be found anywhere. "

Last edited:
caveman4.20

caveman4.20

The rumor that og kush's lineage is Afghani/Thai x Afghani(kush or otherwise) has been on the boards for years and years. For those who have the space , time , money and are curious , shantibaba has a couple of newer hybrids with identical lineages. Also another thing folks usually don't know on these boards is that shantibaba has all of Neville's parental stock that survived the 80's and 90's and all of Neville's seed-stock. Essentially shantibaba can recreate any hybrid in existence.

-----

Afghan = Afghan "T" discovered by Neville , mother to the original superskunk bred by Neville

Haze C = A male clone , a sativa hybrid of Thai/Colombian discovered by Neville from seeds bought from Sam the Skunkman

This is where I'd be looking for "OG Kush" like phenotypes. Pine , lemon , fuel , spice , chocolate all day. Hell if you pop a large number you might find something better.
Master kush =Hindu x Hindu
So chocolate chunk must be two different plants then the ones used for masterkush....or are they the same ? I love the histories behind these gems .....thanks for sharing everyone

ohthatguy8

ohthatguy8

Have you grown any of these? I have n haven't found anything similar to og kush. Also Nevil lost his Afghan t he talks about that when he was posting on shanties forums.
I currently have 7 different females of master kush x skunk ready to be chopped. They don't remind me of og either. Not big yielders but the buds seem rock hard. it's easier for me to name the mns stains I don't have them the ones I do have so I'm not hating but from experience I haven't found your statement to be true.

-----

SpiderK

SpiderK

Have you grown any of these? I have n haven't found anything similar to og kush. Also Nevil lost his Afghan t he talks about that when he was posting on shanties forums.
I currently have 7 different females of master kush x skunk ready to be chopped. They don't remind me of og either. Not big yielders but the buds seem rock hard. it's easier for me to name the mns stains I don't have them the ones I do have so I'm not hating but from experience I haven't found your statement to be true.

JMO ....

Kush = Landrace

OG Kush = Kush x ...... ( thai,haze,? something.)

i think the point being you can start with some building blocks but thats my takeaway from it.

UNITEDGROOVES

UNITEDGROOVES

which one is he saying is the truth @delae632 I would think the 1st since they mention the OGERS & somewhere in my mind i have the orgnkid and the ogers cut being intertwined

He was talking about the first hour... Look below.. The thing is we know OG was around before late 96' here in cali when these dudes claimed they brought it here.. At least we get confirmation that Orgnkid's Ghost came from these dudes.. They claimed they found the seed in a Oz of bud in FL back in 91 (the buds they said was almost exactly like the cut meaning it had to be an S1 from perhaps TK). Only kept this pheno and moved to Cali in 96 with the cut.. From there Orgnkid hooked up with them and got their OG cut aka Ghost OG.

Orgnkid:
"yes those are my boys talking in the first segment. And there who I My cut from JOSH .... This is the True story of how OG KuSh got here !!!"
"yes the Ghost cut. Is. The same Cut !!!"
"well this is the truth. And the only story. I know of. After that all kinds of people making shit up"
IMG 4292 IMG 4293

20kwDreamer

20kwDreamer

So it's a deadend in 91 Fla.....where's the Florida guys that know a guy?

Back in those days seedless chronic was called "crippie" or "chronic", lineage wasn't as important as a hype story so the truths been convoluted.

I think the best part of this thread is reading Shantibaba still has the original parents, thus making it possible to recreate and possibly improve todays "premium" cuts. I don't even understand how it's possible to manage a proper breeding program and search for a certain pheno given our limited abilities to breed. How can we possibly explore all genetic possibility and potential in a home grow. I know nothing about breeding, and im not about the genetic hype. Natural born hater, if it's popular I probably won't like it. :P

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Ricky AKA OldFamillyRed is the only one IMO that came with both argument and evidence.
Meaning, not only he had a story to tell, but also he had the clone to back his claim, and that since 1992

Anyone that had smoke or grow real TK and 2000's OG, knows they are related somehow. Experienced OG heads, that have grown TK will swear she could be the OG mom.

So here is the TK story according to Big Ricky, who's running the cut since 1992. he was in link with older guys that bred the TK. In Florida back in the mid to late 80's, Gainsvillle University was a MJ capital. Lot of peeps here know that.

3 strains were always available, I can't remember the names right now, I think it was catpiss, mapleleaf and something else... anyways.... Those guys wanted the top, the one strain that bring top dollars. So they decided to breed the strain they needed. So the TK was born, after they bred Lemon Thai to Hindu Kush, selected a top female and cross it to PTK, but Big Ricky wasn't sure if it really was PTK.

UNITED u right bro, this cut this Josh dude selected out of his seeds, could be TK related.
If u really follow the story u find out that most likely any OG from after 2004 are already s4… But still fucking dank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom