• Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
Frostynugman

Frostynugman

Very nice. I saw you were going to start making bho. If you need any tips holla

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

Here's a last look at this one for now ;)

JAWS

JAWS

Very nice. I saw you were going to start making bho. If you need any tips holla

ya going to give it a go, i did a couple rounds years ago but i had no idea what i was really doing so it's time to try it again.

have a friend who is making me some glass blasting tubes and as soon as there here i'll do a round to see how it go's. i don't have a purge vac yet but i plan to get one just not sure when.

until then i guess i'll be trying to make straight oil and may be some whipped butter type goo, cant get to the shatter and/or wax/honey comb with out a purge vac correct??.

just got my new bubble bags today so i'm very very happy to have those in hand for-sure.

View attachment 458597 Here's a last look at this one for now ;)

very nice job my brother i love those purpling tips pretty cool.

peace;)

Frostynugman

Frostynugman

ya going to give it a go, i did a couple rounds years ago but i had no idea what i was really doing so it's time to try it again.

have a friend who is making me some glass blasting tubes and as soon as there here i'll do a round to see how it go's. i don't have a purge vac yet but i plan to get one just not sure when.

until then i guess i'll be trying to make straight oil and may be some whipped butter type goo, cant get to the shatter and/or wax/honey comb with out a purge vac correct??.

just got my new bubble bags today so i'm very very happy to have those in hand for-sure.

very nice job my brother i love those purpling tips pretty cool.

peace;)
You could build a vac from stuff that you can get at a hardware store or refrigerator supply store. But also yes you also could whip it without a vac chamber just make sure your temps are below decarboxilation

rick ratlin

rick ratlin

Perpetual Farmer
Supporter
I'm way late to the game posting on this thread, but @JAWS, I've got to say…It's been really nice following you for so long on the Farm. Even better seeing what you've been accomplishing. Keep up the great work!

Here's a great link to making your own vac chamber from @Glab120
https://www.thcfarmer.com/community/threads/diy-vacuum-pruge-station.49172/
Its real easy to set up, and fairly cheap too if you get a vacuum pump from harbor freight.

Last edited:
homebrew420

homebrew420

Jaws you have used frozen pollen before im sure. How well did it work and what storage method was used? Personally I am finding like 30% take on the first dusting. Any thoughts on how to improve that %? Thanks bud Keep up the great work.

ElManiaco

ElManiaco

That sucks cuz I've froze mine too... Hopefully Jaws can school us on this issue aye bro :)

devilrays

devilrays

SMOKE REPORT: DOUBLE PURPLE DOJO
GROWN BY: MEDUSA
The very first thing that I noticed about this strain was the smell. I grew Double Purple Doja for a very long time and it was peppery as hell. This was not nearly as peppery, but smelled a lot like the flowers in my avatar. I guess the "purple" smell. Very pleasant and fruity, almost like a red wine. The flowers were a little airy, but definitely quality nugs! They were dark green mostly, with nice accents of purple throughout the flower. Very nice tric coverage. You would think it would be a perfect bedtime smoke, but I didn't find it heavy. It was more uplifting and a happy high! I really enjoyed those flowers. The buzz lasted about 90mins of a good feeling and happy high. I definitely recommend these flowers! @Medusa took great care in growing these and the cure. Job Well done!

devilrays

devilrays

SMOKE REPORT: LEMON DOJO
Another strain I don't know the genetic makeup of, but I'm sure someone can tell me lol
The first thing I noticed about these flowers was the structure. Like, all of them were perfect size nugs and the bag appeal was really good. Not a bright green, but more of a pale green. The smell was not "lemony", but more of a citrusy smell with a skunky undertone. The smoke was smooth and had a really nice aftertaste. The high was very relaxing and enjoyable! Not a knock out stone, but just super chill. It lasted about 90mins as well. I found myself very happy with smoking about 3/4 of a fatty. Again, @Medusa kicked ass on these flowers and her love and affection show thru!

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
jar of alien cookies #9

View attachment 458420 View attachment 458421 View attachment 458422
going to smoke on this batch very slowly seeing its the last time i will have her for a very long time, this is/was the f1 #9 cut to get her again i'd need to pop some original alien cookies f1 seeds which i'm not interested in doing any time soon. could i find this pheno in a pack of alien cookies f2 #9 ya most likely.

had a devastating harvest this round but it has allowed me to really focus on the drying and curing process and i think i'm learning some great things.

here are a few shots of the BANANA PIE with a perfect dry and it's curing just awesomely, were at the firm marshmellow stage where you can give a little pinch and the bud flufs right back up. the smell is a bit strange not what i was expecting but were still curing so i bet its going to change over the next week or so. right now believe it or not this cherry pie-banana kush piece is throwing off heavy COFFEE notes with something else on the back end, you get two different smells from her right now. the smell i can put my finger on is the one you get when you directly smell her and the coffee profile hits you as you pull your face back away from the buds.

BANANA PIE F1
View attachment 458434 View attachment 458435 View attachment 458436 View attachment 458437 View attachment 458438 View attachment 458439

View attachment 458440

Looks like nice bud there Sharky !
really beautiful buds here for-sure.

peace:)

Medusa

Medusa

Trichome Engineer
Supporter
Another strain I don't know the genetic makeup of, but I'm sure someone can tell me lol
The first thing I noticed about these flowers was the structure. Like, all of them were perfect size nugs and the bag appeal was really good. Not a bright green, but more of a pale green. The smell was not "lemony", but more of a citrusy smell with a skunky undertone. The smoke was smooth and had a really nice aftertaste. The high was very relaxing and enjoyable! Not a knock out stone, but just super chill. It lasted about 90mins as well. I found myself very happy with smoking about 3/4 of a fatty. Again, @Medusa kicked ass on these flowers and her love and affection show thru!

Thanks @devilrays a job well done ....here ya go sharky !!! hope this helps ..few weeks be running her again ...M

JAWS

JAWS

Jaws you have used frozen pollen before im sure. How well did it work and what storage method was used? Personally I am finding like 30% take on the first dusting. Any thoughts on how to improve that %? Thanks bud Keep up the great work.

That sucks cuz I've froze mine too... Hopefully Jaws can school us on this issue aye bro :)

thanks guys but i have never personally used any frozen pollen that's something i just never need to do in the way i work my project's.

30% seems low but i'm guessing that would have to do with age of the pollen's and may be even more so as to when EXACTLY did you drop your pollen into the frezz.

if i were going to freez pollen and new before harvest i'd make sure to do a couple things first before putting to the frezz.

1. properly clean the pollen's
2. properly dry the pollen's
3. clean/dry then place into the freez ASAP no keeping it in the frig and using it here and there then deciding to freez it.

as soon as it's been cleaned and dried i's place it into a container then seal-a-meal that container, i would not just put it into a container then into a baggie of some sort.

if ya want to use some now and save some for later just split the batch if half and frezz one and use the other.

the number one thing is the same as ANY POLLEN collecting always clean and dry your pollen's, if this is not done what could happen next is just nature and lack of understanding what happens to wet substances ones they hit the frig/freezer.

most of my pollen's are used up fairly fast unless i just straight up get a huge amount which i do from some strains, i use what i can and hope it's use before it go south. i get any where from two to five different pollen's per grow so i'm overly swamped with pollen's all the time over here. one i see that a pollen is no longer viable {meaning no seed development} it just gets tossed out i do not trip to much on such things on my end.

before you put your pollen's in the freez how did you prep them and how long after you harvested the new pollen's did they hit the frezz?.

even after a years time in the frezz your pollen's should still be pretty viable unless they were not properly prepped for long term storage.

again no pro on this subject this is/was just my thoughts on what/how i'd go about prepping ANY pollen's for long term storage/freezing.

peace:)

JAWS

JAWS

SMOKE REPORT: DOUBLE PURPLE DOJO
The very first thing that I noticed about this strain was the smell. I grew Double Purple Doja for a very long time and it was peppery as hell. This was not nearly as peppery, but smelled a lot like the flowers in my avatar. I guess the "purple" smell. Very pleasant and fruity, almost like a red wine. The flowers were a little airy, but definitely quality nugs! They were dark green mostly, with nice accents of purple throughout the flower. Very nice tric coverage. You would think it would be a perfect bedtime smoke, but I didn't find it heavy. It was more uplifting and a happy high! I really enjoyed those flowers. The buzz lasted about 90mins of a good feeling and happy high. I definitely recommend these flowers! @Medusa took great care in growing these and the cure. Job Well done!

thank you very much RAYS for the report, glad they did ok for you my friend.

Thanks @devilrays a job well done ....here ya go sharky !!! hope this helps ..few weeks be running her again ...M

awesome glad to hear your running some again soon, i'll hold the strain until you get a better fuller run of her.

awesome;)

JAWS

JAWS

BANANA KUSH F10

first female to show
3 9
3 11

even now after all this time iv'e spent on this strain from the f8 all the way to these f10 i'm still scratching my head because i can not figure out why at this stage i'm not getting perfect copies in ever seeds. one would thing at filial 10 shit would be 100% the same pheno. but ohh no hell no not that easy for the JAWS MAN!!

still getting some very sat dom ban pheno even at f10 fucking unbelievable, this is the kind of thing that got me in trouble last year as to what i actually had BANANA OG or BANANA KUSH i settled on BANANA KUSH but still to this day do not know why i get such sat dom kush plants.

two of the other banana kush plants are looking way sat in leaf structure and when i put them next to the banana pie sat pheno you can see there very much related. once i get the others looking up to par i will be taking some pics to let you all see what i'm talking about.

i keep telling my self well as they grow they will get wider leaves well shit we know that's not how it works, a thin leaved plant is not going to all the sudden turn into a wide leaved plant nor vice-versa.

me thinks it's time to put more interest in seeing how these two strains and three pheno are coming to be.

where is the head scratching smiley when ya need one.

humm:eek::eek:

JAWS

JAWS

I can see a big Shark scratching his head
But it takes two bowls of Bud and few bong hits to get a really clear picture of the Jaws man....

IMO . . . . .
You will do it
and It will be Off the friggin Charts
Sending the F10 Vibes to ya

may be that's the problem to many hit's and not enough attention being paid to this piece!!.

iv'e got a couple things going in this next round but i must find time to really take a better look at exactly what these f10's are doing, once this grow is over i'll have the ibl but if i'm still getting both indica and sativa phenos i may need to go one more step. going to have to go back now and see what pheno i took pollen off last time and i may just end up not using that pollen in this project and just taking pollen from the new males i'm going to be getting from this round.

now already seeing i'm going to be having both indica and sativa pheno hopefully in both sex then i think this will be a good time to really make sure i'm matching indica with indica and/or sativa with sativa. do the best i can to NOT mix the pheno's in this next round.

may be i should just use the last round of banana kush to make more INSANE BANANA KUSH seeds, i'm out so it would be a good time to redo that piece. same to strains just use a banana kush f9 instead of the banana kush f7, the INSANE JANE would be a new plant but still from the f1 genetics for-sure.

so much shit to think about!!.

thank you:)

JAWS

JAWS

When you say you're getting both indica and sativa phenotypes, are there only two and do they both show several variations. I thought IBLs always showed a handful of phenotypes...

ahh ya only the two but i'm like huhh to your question on variation on the two pheno types??. ok so what i think your asking there is AM i getting different growth/looks from ether pheno inside it's on pheno, if the answer is yes then my answer would be no. i'm getting a very sativa pheno and what i see as a more indica, now the indica is not a crazy heavy leaning one but it's no doubt more indica then sativa.

both of these are f-10 banana kush the better looking #3 is the indica and the not so good looking one is the sativa pheno.

indica
3 12

sativa, please excuse her looks i'm getting her back on track but she is a bit rough looking right now.
7 1

i had two close up's on the fan leaves but the pics were blurry so i did not load them up, at this point i have a couple of both and three females and no males as of yet.

may be i'm the one who is confused as to what an IBL really means, i had always thought and ibl was a piece that was worked until it looked as close as possible to the ORIGINAL mother but got there the natural way meaning no funny genetics being screwed with. i think for me this piece was an ibl when i got it at filial 7 and now iv'e taken it to 10 and i'm about to go ibl/11.

if indeed a true IBLing means you should have some variations then i guess i'm there and i'm frigging tripping over here for no reason at all?????.

much thanks;)

JAWS

JAWS

been a bit scrabbled today over this whole issue with the banana kush and now also with the banana pie's, iv'e been looking at pics the last couple of hours and i'm noticing that i in fact used the sativa dom banana kush f8 to make the banana pie f1 and i used both indica and sativa males on the sativa dom females in this last round to make the banana pie f2. i'm checking now to see if i used a sat or indy male from the f8 on the male side.

banana kush f8 the original male used to make the banana pie f1 which in turn was a sativa female.

those blades look far more sat then indy for-sure.

humm fun fun;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom