The light from nearby buildings worry me.

• Thread starter Citybalcdank
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Citybalcdank

Citybalcdank

Hi so I'm growing on balcony and I live in Brooklyn I was wondering if it's safe to cover my plant at night to avoid light pollution from nearby tall buildings. And if so what is safe to use material wise and how long? My plant is just thinking about going to pre flower. Any help would be much appreciated.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

A shade screen for thw balcony will do the trick. I can't say for sure if you need it but if I was you I'd rather not find out either.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Some street lights with HPS bulbs kept some plants of mine from flowering in Ames-fucking-Iowa. You have more ambient light than that. I would definitely cover them for 10-11 hours a day.

I've used waterproof tarps before, without problems, but if you have a fabric that breathes, all the better.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Some street lights with HPS bulbs kept some plants of mine from flowering in Ames-fucking-Iowa. You have more ambient light than that. I would definitely cover them for 10-11 hours a day.

I've used waterproof tarps before, without problems, but if you have a fabric that breathes, all the better.
Was my second thought burlap potatoes sacks or cloth.

Top Bottom