The Lonely WIFI Thread

• Thread starter Landfishd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Landfishd

Landfishd

OK so my dad has let me do one plant in his yard this year, and I have received one WIFI bean from a friend. I have a 65 gallon smart pot filled with

30 gallons coco
15 gallons rice hulls (little bit of perlite too)
15 gallons compost/EWC
1 1/2 cups nute pack from Cap!
approximately 5 gallons organic nutrients and minerals from Simplici-Tea:
KIS Microbe Catalyst, Gaia Green Canadian Glacial Rock Dust, Calphos Soft Rock Phosphate, Pacific Pearl Oyster Shell Powder, Sulfate of Potash (Sul Po Mag, K Mag), Alfalfa Meal, Fish Bone Meal, Crustacean Meal, Kelp Meal, Ahimsa Organics Neem Cake/Karanja Cake, Tera Vita SP-85 Humic Acid, Fish Meal, Feather Meal, Steamed Bone Meal, Natural Calcite, Mycorrhizae*, and Benefical Microbes.

This was mixed up 2 weeks ago and I watered with a tea made from a handful of each compost and EWC, 4 tbls each of Caps root and foliar packs, 100 ml molasses, and 4 oz Flora Vino tea from A1 Nutrients.

The seed was placed in some of this mix last Tuesday and one week later it has showed itself to the world!

Also I will have 3 blumat maxis in the pot doing the daily watering for me. Once a week the pot will be fed A1's starter pack goodies. I will either do a tea every week or every other week. When I do I will just add it to the weekly A1's watering.

Happy to not be wasting another summer with nothing growing! Even if it's just one plant!

Oh yea my dad has a few White S1's Avalon ran out of the WIFI the day he came in :(, some C99's from Mosca, a couple of some old seeds he's been growing, and some random trainwreck seed. Those will also make some appearances in this thread. His are growing in straight compost ammended with some perlite and I think gypsum or dolomite lime.

The lonely wifi thread
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Hope you grow a huge wifi tree bro!
sounds like your gonna.

Landfishd

Landfishd

Picture update
Here is a picture of the lonely Wifi, and the White S1's and C99 that my Dad's got going. Another week or so and stuff should start speeding up! Just fed with a tea and A1 nutes after the pics were taken. There are 4 Whites and 6 Cindy.

Question: I bought white tubing for my blumat feed line and I'm wondering if I should replace it with black? My reasoning to go for the white tubing was that white should keep cooler and minimize vapor lock in the line from heat. The issue is that white tubing will promote algae growth inside the tube though right? Any insight would be appreciated. thanks

Might as well also show my pot that's been mixed and watered and set to chill for nearly a month now. Should be a very happy home for this lonely Wifi soon enough. Also shown is a pic of the white tubing in questioning.

IMG 20120424 085823
IMG 20120424 085955
IMG 20120424 085948
IMG 20120415 102435
IMG 20120415 102616
MakinGoo

MakinGoo

1 White Fire outside from seed u think ur gunna get 2 zips.. LOL yea Fuckin rite.. Try 2 pounds if u do it rite.. Ur In a big ass 65gal smart pot ur gunna pull more the 2 zips if u get the rite pheno.. 1 year I poped some seeds mid summer & I used a small 10 regular pot & still pulled 1.5 pounds off 1 small plant.. The plant was 5 ft. Tall & only about 3ft wide the pot even boosted the plant up higher so the plant was only about 3ft tall but I had big heavy buds.. The whole grow I was thinking I was only gunna pull 8oz & I got a pound more then what I expected.. So my guess with ur early start & vegging all summer ur gunna pull lots of killer White Fire weed with the rite pheno.. U never know u might have a mega heavy pheno.. Good luck with this grow..

Landfishd

Landfishd

Haha yes for sure I'll get more than 2 zips. I should shoot myself If I only get 2 zips from a 3 month veg! Anyhow I'll be happy with 1 pound (though I'll be secretly wishing I got 2). It would be awesome if I got lucky and a real nice pheno came out of this seed. Even with a weaker one vegging all summer I should get some chunky ass wifi nug!! I can't wait to see how it looks in a couple months. Gonna top it and LST a lot to keep it bushy as possible before the stretch then probably leave it alone from August till the end.

That's pretty impressive 1.5 lbs from a 10# pot started when in July?

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Yea sumthing like that. I'm not excatly sure but it was in mid summer.. Make sure ur plant has full sun & she will produce very nice.. Ur gunna have lots of killer buds

Mogrow

Mogrow

1 White Fire outside from seed u think ur gunna get 2 zips.. LOL yea Fuckin rite.. Try 2 pounds if u do it rite.. Ur In a big ass 65gal smart pot ur gunna pull more the 2 zips if u get the rite pheno.. 1 year I poped some seeds mid summer & I used a small 10 regular pot & still pulled 1.5 pounds off 1 small plant.. The plant was 5 ft. Tall & only about 3ft wide the pot even boosted the plant up higher so the plant was only about 3ft tall but I had big heavy buds.. The whole grow I was thinking I was only gunna pull 8oz & I got a pound more then what I expected.. So my guess with ur early start & vegging all summer ur gunna pull lots of killer White Fire weed with the rite pheno.. U never know u might have a mega heavy pheno.. Good luck with this grow..
hey MG, i got some WIFI going outdoors, can they take some heat?? you gotta baby them??/ How was the bag appeal compared to the indoor runs you've had of it??? I can't really believe i popped them for outdoors but that's what i did, they kinda pricey to be taking a chance like that...

Landfished,,, you're gonna rock the WIFI, i can tell by the prep you've put in... Just don't tell all your fuckin buddies where they are.....
peace mogrow..................

Landfishd

Landfishd

[quote="Landfished,,, you're gonna rock the WIFI, i can tell by the prep you've put in... Just don't tell all your fuckin buddies where they are.....
peace mogrow..................[/quote]

Ha yea right that's what the Farm is for

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Nice.. It looks like its in a nice sunny location.. The more sun the better.. Since its from a seed it should adjust 2 the outside light cycle & veg away & get super giant.. Take care of her & ur gunna have a big ass White Fire plant..good luck..

Landfishd

Landfishd

It does get very intense direct light when the sun is hitting it. Early morning and evening it doesn't get direct light because there are some trees in the way. Regardless, it's entering the grow fast stage and with almost 3 months before August comes around this fine lady is gonna get fat!! I'm so excited. My dad's Cinderella's are looking very nice too they are actually a tiny bit ahead.. I'll take pics of those another time. They are not mine so I have very little love for them until they start looking more interesting.

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
bro i bet you pull 20 zips off that smart pot filled with that mix...your mix looks tight to me
im about to run a mix close to yours, but indoors and in 10 gallon containers. i pulled 4 zipps per 10gallons last run with roots organic soil....so then i would expect no less than 4 per 10 with that mix.
by the way i will b running some wifi in a mix like yours, but indoors

Landfishd

Landfishd

Dammit. I came by today to see how it took to the ties and I found one top has been eaten along with one lower branch broken. Oh well.

What I had planned for the way I wanted to train was to follow the 4-way lst strategy where you top it at the 4th node or so than take all branches and tie them to opposite ends creating a symmetrical bush leaving the main stem straight. Since it's outside and the nodes are much more stretched out I didn't think this practice would work so well. So after I tied the branches down I decided fuck it looked weird I'm just gonna tie down the main stem like a normal LST and I regretted that I topped it previously but no worries. I should have then untied all the branches because I came back today to one broken as the main stem was adjusting that stem that was tied just broke.

Then besides that I don't know what happened but I think a rabbit or something came by and ate one of the top branches at the node where I topped it a few days ago! Haha.. so the plant had some abuse but still plenty of time to recover live and learn I guess. Wish I would have just tied down the main stem like normal and didn't top anything.

Landfishd

Landfishd

Here she is almost 1 week later from the stress I gave her. It was a sad story... the two original "top" branches are gone. One was eaten and the other died, so that is three lost tops (including the one I intentionally topped in the first place). Of the three remaining main branches two are repairing themselves from almost being broken off. I'm glad they made it though they still aren't 100% yet. The growth was definitely stunted by all the trauma but it's still good! Looks happy. If I could restart I would have just tied it down from the top like normal and not cut any tops off. You can see how the entire left side looks like it's missing something.. haha
IMG 20120527 105417

Next week I'm going to germ 1 more seed probably a cinderalla 99 bx from Mosca. This plant will be in a 20 gallon smart pot filled with:

1 bag of Gold Labels "Special Mix", 80/20 hydroton/coco
4 gallons EWC/Compost
1.75 gallons of the mix I posted in the OP
about 1/2 cup of nute pack from Cap

3 blumat maxi's to feed only water

Chrondondalae

Chrondondalae

Here she is almost 1 week later from the stress I gave her. It was a sad story... the two original "top" branches are gone. One was eaten and the other died, so that is three lost tops (including the one I intentionally topped in the first place). Of the three remaining main branches two are repairing themselves from almost being broken off. I'm glad they made it though they still aren't 100% yet. The growth was definitely stunted by all the trauma but it's still good! Looks happy. If I could restart I would have just tied it down from the top like normal and not cut any tops off. You can see how the entire left side looks like it's missing something.. haha
View attachment 220670

Next week I'm going to germ 1 more seed probably a cinderalla 99 bx from Mosca. This plant will be in a 20 gallon smart pot filled with:

1 bag of Gold Labels "Special Mix", 80/20 hydroton/coco
4 gallons EWC/Compost
1.75 gallons of the mix I posted in the OP
about 1/2 cup of nute pack from Cap

3 blumat maxi's to feed only water

looking forward to seeing how this mix works for ya. i've got a third of a pallet of the 80/20 left over, good shit!!! i want to mix it with A1's super soil and give it a go.

Top Bottom