the marijuana forums these days are a joke

• Thread starter shoestring
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
fractal

fractal

There's a difference to the 80's punks and the 00's emo kids, the punks were having fun with it. They weren't notorious for cutting themselves on webcams. The kids now are so obviously rudderless and full of hate it is really pathetic. There is nothing new happening, everything now is just a re-hash of 20 and 30 years ago. Emos many of them became hipsters, the cultural equivalent of a junkyard just going through old worn out trends and "ironically" piecing them together and calling it something new. It's like nothing is being allowed to create a new feeling of style, art, and music because TPTB realized how influential artists and musicians can be and they won't allow it anymore. The idols of today like Kanye West, Gaga, Bieber, they are 100% tools meant to pacify their fans at best and make them hopelessly depressed at worst. Not rile them up to action like a Cobain, Hendrix, or Brad Noel who were all killed once they became uncontrollable.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Not punks, fractal, at least not in the LA area where I was, punks were different from the 'doomy gloomies'. All black all the time. Everything's been a rehash for decades. Really, the last time anyone did something really new was back in the 20s of the last century, when hemlines came up. That was huge. Suffragettes, prohibition, the whole thing.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Not punks, fractal, at least not in the LA area where I was, punks were different from the 'doomy gloomies'. All black all the time. Everything's been a rehash for decades. Really, the last time anyone did something really new was back in the 20s of the last century, when hemlines came up. That was huge. Suffragettes, prohibition, the whole thing.

Hmmmmm and here we are, more prohibition controversy... the more things 'change'...

Gamrstwin36

Gamrstwin36

There's a difference to the 80's punks and the 00's emo kids, the punks were having fun with it. They weren't notorious for cutting themselves on webcams. The kids now are so obviously rudderless and full of hate it is really pathetic. There is nothing new happening, everything now is just a re-hash of 20 and 30 years ago. Emos many of them became hipsters, the cultural equivalent of a junkyard just going through old worn out trends and "ironically" piecing them together and calling it something new. It's like nothing is being allowed to create a new feeling of style, art, and music because TPTB realized how influential artists and musicians can be and they won't allow it anymore. The idols of today like Kanye West, Gaga, Bieber, they are 100% tools meant to pacify their fans at best and make them hopelessly depressed at worst. Not rile them up to action like a Cobain, Hendrix, or Brad Noel who were all killed once they became uncontrollable.

You Banged that nail with some PSI pressure lol. Im soo sick of seeing RERUNS of a hog pog of bullshit that was already perfected. ..Nobody thinks in this New Generation. Im Actually Afraid but i just wanna believe in Hope. ..I listen to more latter yeah classic and i forget im Getting old lol Public Enemy Pumping in drive thru gets me OH HE'S OLD looks lol

GI JO

GI JO

This is a little off topic but......the rules in Canada are changing next year, no more personal licenses. So, somebody I know from work has a relative that has applied for a fairly large licence to produce for others. This is what they DO NOT KNOW about this plant and it's needs.

They do not know the difference between Sativa/Indica......Male/Female......Veg/Bloom......Clone/Seed

The do not know that plants need the right humidity, temp, fertilizer (or not if you go organic) and every other tiny minutia that goes into dialing things in. That there are 2 different cycles that require different light times.

They do not know you can grow in soil, coco, water, aero or a variety of the above.

They have never seen a spider mite, powdery mildew, grey mold etc etc. And they did not know that these plants require some trimming.

Actually, I can't even remember everthing they don't know because sometimes I only remember when I've fucked it up so bad I have to go back over the list myself . And....they are not in their 20's, they are simply jumping on the money train bandwagon (or so they think).

I think I will offer my services as a consultant:cool:

fractal

fractal

This is a little off topic but......the rules in Canada are changing next year, no more personal licenses. So, somebody I know from work has a relative that has applied for a fairly large licence to produce for others. This is what they DO NOT KNOW about this plant and it's needs.

They do not know the difference between Sativa/Indica......Male/Female......Veg/Bloom......Clone/Seed

The do not know that plants need the right humidity, temp, fertilizer (or not if you go organic) and every other tiny minutia that goes into dialing things in. That there are 2 different cycles that require different light times.

They do not know you can grow in soil, coco, water, aero or a variety of the above.

They have never seen a spider mite, powdery mildew, grey mold etc etc. And they did not know that these plants require some trimming.

Actually, I can't even remember everthing they don't know because sometimes I only remember when I've fucked it up so bad I have to go back over the list myself . And....they are not in their 20's, they are simply jumping on the money train bandwagon (or so they think).

I think I will offer my services as a consultant:cool:

Well damn that is pretty insane. They just think $$ don't they! Tell 'em there's a master grower with 12 years experience, every grow method known to man, hydro, organic, whatever. . .And I've been unemployed for 7 months and can't find work.

GI JO

GI JO

Oh, I'm afraid it's gonna take a very big village to help them. They're planning to do this in a barn on the property........the summer temps here stay around 35 celcius (95 f) and higher for 2-3 months. They don't even know they're gonna have to use ac. And......hydro is going up 15% in the next 3 yrs. And, they have no clientele yet. Life is going to be very interesting here. I'm not sure you would want to re-locate.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Oh, I'm afraid it's gonna take a very big village to help them. They're planning to do this in a barn on the property........the summer temps here stay around 35 celcius (95 f) and higher for 2-3 months. They don't even know they're gonna have to use ac. And......hydro is going up 15% in the next 3 yrs. And, they have no clientele yet. Life is going to be very interesting here. I'm not sure you would want to re-locate.
Sounds like job security for boutique high quality growers :cool:

fractal

fractal

Dude, I would relocate ANYWHERE for a grow job. Trust me, I'm scraping the bottom of the barrel there's no jobs and I'm unemployable because I have a 4 year college degree. They don't take well to book-learning around these parts LOL.

Sounds like they have way more $$ than sense, or grow knowledge, so they need someone like me.

GI JO

GI JO

I really don't think that once they realize the COST!!, the time, the knowledge, the endless possibilities for failure and the need for variety of strains etc, etc, etc that they will even get started. We are going miles backwards , I suspect that the "50,000 or so medical growers" here will suddenly not be buying from someone else.....

Sorry folks, this is off the topic.

Last edited:
Black Lab

Black Lab

To those who are following this thread; I want to apologize for a posting I put up a couple of days ago. A mod removed it shortly after I put it up. I continued to follow the thread and got butt hurt the next day when someone posted something I thought referred to me. I still checked in from time to time because I could see the thread was generating a lot of interest. I can see know that I was off base. Many of you really identify with what Shoestring was talking about. The thread has turned into a lot of positive reminiscing from people who have been at this pretty much from the beginning. This site and many of you posting on this thread have already helped me immensely. Much of the little I know about indoor growing I probably picked up from you. I have spent hours reading and learning. Seamaiden and others helped me solve a problem directly. Thanks again.

I am new to the site and got a little too into posting. I will sit back and talk less and listen more. I do respect those of you who have spent years at this. Sorry for spouting off.

markscastle

markscastle

Well-Known Farmer
Well my take on this is you have to start somewhere. Yep they think they know it all, Where do I remember hearing that before? I been growing for over 50 yrs and I`m still learning! Be -it a lot of the same stuff over and over as I seem to be better at forgetting than remembering these days. But to be fare I`ve helped a lot of folks learn to grow and every once in a while they teach me something new. The young ones are our future! Please respect them...and every once in a while put them in there place.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Well my take on this is you have to start somewhere. Yep they think they know it all, Where do I remember hearing that before? I been growing for over 50 yrs and I`m still learning! Be -it a lot of the same stuff over and over as I seem to be better at forgetting than remembering these days. But to be fare I`ve helped a lot of folks learn to grow and every once in a while they teach me something new. The young ones are our future! Please respect them...and every once in a while put them in there place.

Words of wisdom and a long term perspective. I admire those rare qualities in people every chance I get, and sadly I get few chances.

fractal

fractal

Well there is no such thing as a perfect generalization. Seems like you would be a hipster by the way you described yourself. It's not my thing, I was a hipster in the late 90's and early 2000's in Seattle, before hipsters WERE hipsters. First off you guys were way late to the game, the hipster thing was already dead before it became mainstream.

There's hope for you yet, since you grow the herb there must be some part of you that is dedicated to bringing life and love back to this planet and helping it. Just try and avoid being a total liberal douche with your "offended" reaction, nothing sucks more than libs who are "offended" at everything.

Shamus

Shamus

Your still a hipster i am not..
You wanna know how i know?

Why did the hipster burn his mouth?
Because he ate it before it was cool

Its bold of you to suggest u were part of the first hipsters.. times change but the trends dont. Mofos be snapping in jazz bars with beatnik glasses on scoffin at u saying that

Confuten1

Confuten1

exploitin strengths - perfectin weaknessess
Supporter

Spoken like a G MarksCastle!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Your still a hipster i am not..
You wanna know how i know?

Why did the hipster burn his mouth?
Because he ate it before it was cool

Its bold of you to suggest u were part of the first hipsters.. times change but the trends dont. Mofos be snapping in jazz bars with beatnik glasses on scoffin at u saying that

This made my morning;

Why did the hipster burn his mouth? Because he ate it before it was cool.

LMFAO! SOOOO TRUE! Then, they go around talking about how iced coffee is the next trend, right? To cover for eating before it was cool?! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom