The Master Cleanse/ The Lemonade Diet

• Thread starter sfzoo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

sfzoo

I've just read the book.
Its interesting, to say the least. Its very non scientific and anecdotal.

I've also heard from a few friends who swear by it, saying that it has allowed them to feel more clear and healthy.

Curious to see who here has completed the Cleanse?
Benefits/Side-effects observed?

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Master Cleanse is a modified juice fast that permits no food.

There are three parts to it. First thing each morning one drinks a quart of water with 2 teaspoons of salt or a cup of herbal laxative tea. This is followed by six to twelve lemonade drinks during the day and a cup of herbal laxative tea in the evening.

The lemonade is made from purified or spring water, fresh squeezed lemon juice, organic maple syrup and cayenne pepper. The alleged purpose is to "detoxify" the body and remove excess fat. It is done for a minimum of ten days.

HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
Is your colon up for it? :)

It will clean your guts out and you'll drop a few quick pounds. If you change up your diet after the cleanse you will really feel it. Add some workouts to the mix and you'll feel amazing.

Consistency is key.

S

sfzoo

Yeah man. not sure if i'm ready for it, but i have not had a colon cleansing or anything of that nature...so i'm sure i could use it.

ideally, i'd go for 10 days, then switch to a more sensible diet.

Have you done it?

2DogWalker

Zoo,

Sup homie.... Well the master cleanse I know a little about, haven't personally tried it, but I have spoken with A LOT of people who have. My family makes maple syrup in MI and we sell a lot of grade b syrup for this diet, been a fad for the last 10 years it seems some years u get lots buying it some years not so much.....

Best story/experience was from a traveling glass (pipes etc) salesman. He said he does it four times a year, and it does WONDERS for his system. Seriously said he can process alcohol so much better and faster after the cleanse than prior to. I mean he is a traveling sales man so his life is pretty much blazin down and drinking and Im sure his liver took an ass whipping.

Seen a lot of people say they benefit from it though, a lot of people quit after the first few days, kinda rough going down I would imagine, and as Hellmutt said gonna be some time on the porcelain....

2DW

K

kolah

20-30 years of eating garbage will not be cleansed out in 10 days.

Although there are a million trendy, creative programs out there one needs to get diehard serious to do a REAL cleanse.

Dr. Max Gerson's "Gerson Therapy" is THE ultimate cleanse. Catch his book "Cancer Cures."

S

sfzoo

First and last bump.

just wanna get more eyes on this.

lots of conflicting information out there...so interested to hear experiential advice or anything.

logic

logic

Administrator
Staff
I drink blueberry with manuka honey and flax seed smoothies every morning :)

S

SSHZ

My wife also make a smoothy every morning with blueberries, banana, granola or flax seeds, natural honey and alternates a few other items in and out. She's gained weight but enjoys them each day.........

joeca1i

joeca1i

cucumber,celery,kale,pair,ginger,spinach.Puree.Cleans up the bowels.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
It's not for everyone, but it works for me!

I've done the Master Cleanse several times, and every time it has been a wonderful way to get my body back to a normal pH state, which really affects damn near everything about the human body.

The main thing about this diet is to follow the instructions absolutely. 10 days minimum to achieve great results, then listen to you body from there. If you have the gumption to continue, keep going. The longest I did was 14 days, after that my body was simply telling me I was ready for food again.

Consume consume consume- the recommendations he offers for serving sizes are right on, but you may want to experiment with the frequency of drinking. 1 lemon should create two 10 ounce drinks which can be used at once, and that will fill you up like you wouldn't believe. Just be sure to drink enough. I think he suggest 8-10 glasses per day for my body weight (~170) but I always drink about 14 per day as a base, and if I'm more active I need more.

A good rule of thumb is: if you don't feel wholly optimal you need to drink another glass. Hunger, thirst, headache, malaise, ill-temper are all immediately remedied by drinking another glass.

Always use the highest quality ingredients you can find since it's all you're putting into your body for over a week. That means organic everything, plus good grade B syrup.

The effects I felt were/are amazing. The first three days of not eating food are like the first three days not smoking cigarettes, or coming off an addictive substance. Actually, that is how I came to regard most "food" items following my initial cleanse- purely addictive.

Once you get past those few days, your body and brain adjust to not needing to chew to feel sustained, which is an entirely mental association we have with our food, and rightfully so- but it is only an association, not a necessity.

I also experienced a bit of an upset stomache for a few days, to which marijuana can be used to very successfully combat any discomfort- and I'd recommend vaporizing to minimize the ill-effects of smoking while doing the cleanse.

Another very important thing about this cleanse is to follow the instructions about how to resume eating whole foods again after so long on a liquid diet. The idea is the re-establish peristalsis optimally, with the correct foods at the right times (it is covered in book), and to re-establish probiotic colonies in your system, one of the most important factors.

After my first cleanse my body was a new machine. I'd smoked cigarettes for years, and no longer had cravings. I didn't crave sugar or excess salt, and food with chemical flavor agents actually tasted like chemicals instead of the food it is supposed to imitate. I began to crave different types of nuts and vegetables and legumes I'd always turned away from because of my childhood associations of how they taste.

The main thing it did was to create a new perspective on what I put in my body. While I do thoroughly enjoy food, the act of eating for pleasure is no longer among my modus operandi. Food became fuel in my mind, and my body doesn't feel optimal unless I put the best fuel in it.

Which is something this cleanse really does- it helps you get in tune with just how your body feels when you put any little thing into it, which makes it simple to stick to a healthy diet following the cleanse. It makes you conscious of your body and how you help or hinder it in it's function.

I no longer smoke cigarettes, I no longer crave the foods I used to eat, etc. And an added benefit is that my eczema has disappeared now that my pH is normal, and I no longer have the chemical sludge in my gut that came out as a product of this simple mixture.

I've done 4 cleanses in the last 3 years, and every one feels as though I'm doing my body a great service.

Love & Light

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Maybe a high colonic irrigation would do ya more justice:)<<>>I heard things from childhood would come out>>like missing in action G.I. Joes,crayons,rocks etc etc<<>>supposed to be the ultimate douche:banana1sv6:

gtd:passingjoint:

S

sfzoo

Thank you NaturalTherapy!
I really was hoping to get some feedback from someone who has done it.

I hope you don't mind if yo answered some questions for me? can't think of any now, but i will :)

S

sfzoo

Maybe a high colonic irrigation would do ya more justice:)<<>>I heard things from childhood would come out>>like missing in action G.I. Joes,crayons,rocks etc etc<<>>supposed to be the ultimate douche:banana1sv6:

gtd:passingjoint:

perhaps, but if a natural route is not harmful, i'd rather not douche ;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
My wife also make a smoothy every morning with blueberries, banana, granola or flax seeds, natural honey and alternates a few other items in and out. She's gained weight but enjoys them each day.........

These 'detox' programs are bogus IMO and based on no scientific data whatsoever. I can tell you why she's gaining weight by starting off her day that way, and it has to do with the fact that FRUCTOSE, all sources and forms, are not used for energy, but are laid down as body fat. To make matters worse, by blending the fruit, she has SERIOUSLY reduced what is referred to as 'transit time,' as well as making it so that the body has almost no work to do, and so only has to absorb the available calories.

Great diet for someone underweight, not so much for someone like myself.

What is described here by others can be achieved by eliminating sugars from your diet and eating foods in as whole a form as possible, and seriously INCREASING bulk fiber intake by an exponential factor. Reducing fats is good, eliminate transfatty acids, they're not necessary in the human diet.

In other words, EAT YOUR VEGGIES TO YOUR HEAD!

Madjag

Madjag

The lemonade cleanse you describe is quite well-known in health food circles. "The Master Cleanse" changes your pH and alkalinizes your body and blood.

I've done it several times over the years and at the end of even 4-5 days you will have increased energy and mucho gusto.

P

pandor

I just did my first cleanse a few months ago and I plan on doing another soon.

NaturalTherapy summed it all up! I could not have said it better.

Good luck to you! It will probably be one of the most difficult things you will have ever done in your life, but it is way worth it.

bloads

bloads

Growing plants has shown me the importance of PH, something I never used to even think about in regards to my body.

I now drink filtered tap water instead of RO, because my filtered tap has a pH of 8, whereas the RO is 7. I figure drinking a lot of alkaline buffered water should benefit my body over drinking a bunch of neutral water

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Thank you NaturalTherapy!......I hope you don't mind if yo answered some questions for me? can't think of any now, but i will :)

Happy to help, feel free to ask!

P

pandor

On a side note, a few times a week, I add raw unfiltered organic Apple cider vinegar to a glass of water and that helps balance the body's PH and it makes you feel great!

Top Bottom