The (Mis) Adventures of Devilrays 1st attempt at BHO

• Thread starter devilrays
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
devilrays

devilrays

The (Mis)Adventures of Devilrays 1st attempt at BHO
Ok everyone, I like to post all of my great flower pics, so I figured I might as well post my failures as well lol. I have watched countless videos and read a ton, but nothing seems as good as hands on experience. I do not live in a med state, so I don't have anyone I can turn to for a little hands on advice. I have contacted someone here who has made his fair share of Erl products, and I haven't contacted him yet, but I am having second thoughts about makins BHO when my Bubble Hash is soooo nice. So a little critiquing would be helpful. Thanks!!

I started off with all frozen trim. 90% Sugar Leaf from the OGs in my stable. The other 10% would be classified as "not ideal sugar leaf". I bought one of the big ass glass tubes (see pic) and packed it, not too tight though and blasted about 2 cans of Vector through it. I thought you blast until it comes out clear, right? I ended up with waaaaay less than I was expecting. I think I may have had the heat too high. (see pics). Anyhow, anyone care to tell me what the hell I'm doing wrong? Or what I should expect?

Thanks for lookin, devilrays

The mis adventures of devilrays 1st attempt at bho
The mis adventures of devilrays 1st attempt at bho 2
The mis adventures of devilrays 1st attempt at bho 3
The mis adventures of devilrays 1st attempt at bho 4
The mis adventures of devilrays 1st attempt at bho 5
kes54800

kes54800

Ur material has to be dry to blast it. Fresh frozen is for making bubble. Bho u need dry ass material bro.
ur yield will improved 10fold if thats the issue
KeS

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Ur material has to be dry to blast it. Fresh frozen is for making bubble. Bho u need dry ass material bro.
ur yield will improved 10fold if thats the issue
KeS
I agree for mass production dry is easiest and highest yielding but fresh frozen is the bomb if done correctly. Seen 10-20%yields on fresh frozen shake. I like fresh frozen sugar trim versus fresh frozen nug runs. Dry nug runs do better if your using top nugs..

Pack the tube fuller and those yellow crappy leaves don't add to your yield, they are taking up valuable space in your tube and not returning you any thing you want. If you don't see goodness on the leaves it won't blast high amounts out.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Is that paper for your filter or coffee filter? Looks thick..

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Here is a load of fresh frozen pineapple nugs that wasn't run and actually went to someone to smoke...perfect doobie material.
But notice how packed it is...

IMG 4125

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

for the record that is not a large extraction tube. that size gets me 3-4 gram max per run.. baba g is giving good advice only run frosty leaf. anything else is pulling down quality and costing you more butane too run.

M

mcpuffin

Here is a load of fresh frozen pineapple nugs that wasn't run and actually went to someone to smoke...perfect doobie material.
But notice how packed it is...

View attachment 372564
2nd this....tighter pack. I can see lots of wasted space at the tip of the tube in your photo. A tighter pack will create more pressure forcing the 'tane to strip more resin from your material, leading to higher yields. Start with great material and end with great material.

And ditch the wax paper, parchment paper only.

devilrays

devilrays

YES! This is what I wanted! Thank you everyone for commenting! I'm a Bubble Hash pro and a Wax super newb! lol

connoisseurde420

connoisseurde420

its easier and takes less time for me to run bho. I only take the time for bubble every once and a while off a special crop or something. u will get it be safe yo

B

BestAround

I got 2 14 inch tubes and a turkey baster.. I get about 3.5-5 grams with the turkey baster... and 14 grams per tube.. but that's with trim.. it works out to about 10-12 %. on my trim. the new batch I just ran.. we tried a heat purge only.. to see if we could get anything close to the vac purge. and right now I got some crazy clean shatter. 60 hours with water temps of 120-130 steady.. the oil stayed around 110-115 .. and it is some nice GLASS

B

BestAround

1 tip ill give u . if u don't have a vacuum pump. the griddle only works if u can apply top heat.. so need a heat gun. or a torch.. if u use a torch.. becareful.. it will get rid of terpenes.. but without a vacuum pump id rather lose a lil terpenes then have any butane left.. ..

u want to keep your top layer as soft as possible or ur butane will not escape.. and u will have some harsh garbage

another thing.. dude.. grab yourself. a few pieces of parchment paper.. wen ur blowing ur tane threw ur tube..

and wen u think its CLEAR.. let a drop or a few drops fall on your piece of parchment.. use a fan or some heat from your mouth just blow on it.. it will evap.. then u can tell if ur still extracting.. or wasting butane.. I say that stuff u made came out good for a first run.. but just remember.. no vacuum = a few days of low heat purge.. and u need to pop the bubbles an allow the tane to escape. with a vac.. u can run bho and have shit to smoke asap.

Last edited:
B

BestAround

another thing I found on the internet..

Cannabis must be dried be it is extracted, because it is not possible to remove more than 50% of the cannabinoids from fresh material THC-Acid is difficult to extract .

If you plan to convert the THCA to THC, the plant material should be thoroughly decarboxylated by heating it under nitrogen at 105° C for 1 hour before performing a solvent extraction..

Top Bottom