The Muchacho Smoking Facility!

• Thread starter GrowGod
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
incogneato

incogneato

Check out this victorian porch remodel I painted. This is how a real journeyman union painter does it.

View attachment 673005
View attachment 673004
View attachment 672992
View attachment 673003
View attachment 672993

View attachment 672999
View attachment 672994
View attachment 672988
View attachment 672989
View attachment 672987

Look as those clean hand cut lines/color transitions over complex shapes/corners.
View attachment 672990

I put some clearcoat on the tongue and groove ceiling.
View attachment 672991

View attachment 672998

View attachment 673000
View attachment 672996
View attachment 673006

Put some walnut shell In the floor coating for anti skid.
View attachment 672997

View attachment 673001

High gloss on the handrails since they are a high traffic/wear area. Wanted it to be washable and durable. And for looks :)
View attachment 673002

Everything was done The old fashioned way. With a brush and roller.

I love painting :D
Clean AF R!!! That came out nice!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
Clean AF R!!! That came out nice!

Thanks chief!

He paid me hourly @ $25hr (half my union benefit package).

So I got my chance to get real detailed and give him what I considered to be the best.

I did for him exactly what I would do for myself if it were my own home.

Now he says he's got the best looking porch on his street!

Gotta love when the bragging and the actual results don't line up. Drove me crazy when we have people do work for us and I know I could do better myself.

I'm the ones who's bragging matches my self confidence in my abilities :cry:

20160615 071416

You like how I cut that straight line, while taking a picture of cutting that straight line lol.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Check out this victorian porch remodel I painted. This is how a real journeyman union painter does it.

View attachment 673005
View attachment 673004
View attachment 672992
View attachment 673003
View attachment 672993

View attachment 672999
View attachment 672994
View attachment 672988
View attachment 672989
View attachment 672987

Look as those clean hand cut lines/color transitions over complex shapes/corners.
View attachment 672990

View attachment 672991

View attachment 672998

View attachment 673000
View attachment 672996
View attachment 673006

View attachment 672997

View attachment 673001

High gloss on the handrails since they are a high traffic/wear area. Wanted it to be washable and durable. And for looks :)
View attachment 673002

This is absolutely fantastic work! It doesn't get that clean without passion and you sir have it. Some people just don't give a shit.
I try to bring that passion to everything I do.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Thanks chief!

So I got my chance to get real detailed and give him what I considered to be the best.

View attachment 673043

You like how I cut that straight line, while taking a picture of cutting that straight line lol.
Amazing!

incogneato

incogneato

Thanks chief!

View attachment 673043

But the difference is, your work doesn't suck lol. Nice brush work. I'm a journeyman bricklayer myself. Got out of the trade 4 years ago but I still do work on the side

souf69

souf69

All the work on the farm sure has me feeling blessed by our creator. The worlds gone crazy! Happy to be a part of such a culture. Anyway, cleaning up, transplanting, etc. Smoking on some organic flo, been curing for months.
My compost pile getting bigger!

DAT

DAT

View attachment 673005
View attachment 673004
View attachment 672992
View attachment 673003
View attachment 672993

View attachment 672999
View attachment 672994
View attachment 672988
View attachment 672989
View attachment 672987

View attachment 672990

View attachment 672991

View attachment 672998

View attachment 673000
View attachment 672996
View attachment 673006

View attachment 672997

View attachment 673001

View attachment 673002

That's is brilliant work! Looks perfect and house is so stylish! You must have a lot of patience to do work that detailed and precise.

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
That's is brilliant work! Looks perfect and house is so stylish! You must have a lot of patience to do work that detailed and precise.

That's the #1 reason I hear people say they don't like painting. They say they don't have the patience.

It does take much patience to get precision in some places. It can get frustrating.

Some times you just gotta stop and walk away for a minute. Go drink some cold water and come back to it.

On a side note...

One time I was working night shift in a fancy building lobby. This lobby has an adjoining bank with a rolling divider wall that closes at night.

This wall was closed and I was on a 12 foot step ladder painting a ceiling.

Well next to me I see/hear a car come crashing through the bank.

IMG159
IMG157
IMG158

That guy was in the right lane at a light. Other guy was in the left lane. Both guys were in correct lanes going straight.

The taxi had parked cars in his lane after his intersection. And like the crazy drivers they are he tried to cut off the truck.

Well the truck was comfortably driving in his lane with the right away. And when the light changed they both went.

The taxi driver bounced off the truck since the truck was in the other lane he was trying to get into. Then he bounced to the right. Through the front double doors into the teller lobby lmao.

IMG160

IMG161

Crazy shit happens when you work night shift

Last edited:
DAT

DAT

That's the #1 reason I hear people say they don't like painting. They say they don't have the patience.

It does take much patience to get precision in some places. It can get frustrating.

Some times you just gotta stop and walk away for a minute. Go drink some cold water and come back to it.

On a side note...

One time I was working night shift in a fancy building lobby. This lobby has an adjoining bank with a rolling divider wall that closes at night.

View attachment 673462 View attachment 673463 View attachment 673464

That guy was in the right lane at a light. Other guy was in the left lane. Both guys were in correct lanes going straight.

The taxi had parked cars in his lane after his intersection. And like the crazy drivers they are he tried to cut off the truck.

Well the truck was comfortably driving in his lane with the right away. And when the light changed they both went.

The taxi driver bounced off the truck since the truck was in the other lane he was trying to get into. Then he bounced to the right. Through the front double doors into the teller lobby lmao.

View attachment 673465
View attachment 673467

That's wild! Glad you didn't get hurt. Did you think they were trying to rob the bank ? I would have hid for a while I think. Lol. That would have been pretty sweet if he hit the safe and money went flying everywhere!!!

incogneato

incogneato

On a side note...

View attachment 673462 View attachment 673463 View attachment 673464

View attachment 673465
View attachment 673467

Oh shit...thought this was the drive thru ATM lol. Crazy shit R!

rmoltis

rmoltis

The Beast Slayer
Supporter
That's wild! Glad you didn't get hurt. Did you think they were trying to rob the bank ? I would have hid for a while I think. Lol. That would have been pretty sweet if he hit the safe and money went flying everywhere!!!

Nah he was a middle eastern dude. He got out of the car stumbling in a daze, him and hid turban covered in powder from getting slammed with the airbag lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom