The "must Try It" Strain List (a Collaborative)

• Thread starter Junk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Schrom, hands down the most under-rated strain. It never really gained much popularity but it is better than 95% of the herb easily found at the moment. It is a sativa dominant strain (possibly why it never became very popular) that has a flavor reminiscent of a good old school Haze, though Schrom is even more flavorful. At first you get the spicy, peppery flavor of haze that mellows into flavor of lemon zest, anise, and even oregano. The flavor is strong on both the inhale and exhale. But where this strain really shines is in its effect; it will jolt the brain awake better than a cup of coffee. Though at first the effect is felt in the head, the body relaxes, muscles ease and pain fades away. Schrom is truly a medicinal strain and a connoisseur's delight. It is a sativa strain that provides good yields and thick, trichome covered buds with large colas at the top of the plant. This is a strain that both growers and smokers should demand more of.

It has been 6 or so years since I have last seen Schrom, and that is a shame. While I understand why it never gained the favor OG and the Chem line did it is still a shame that such a great variety is so difficult to obtain. I hope this changes and people start growing and smoking the Schrom once more.

gardnguyahoy

gardnguyahoy

Schrom, hands down the most under-rated strain. It never really gained much popularity but it is better than 95% of the herb easily found at the moment. It is a sativa dominant strain (possibly why it never became very popular) that has a flavor reminiscent of a good old school Haze, though Schrom is even more flavorful. At first you get the spicy, peppery flavor of haze that mellows into flavor of lemon zest, anise, and even oregano. The flavor is strong on both the inhale and exhale. But where this strain really shines is in its effect; it will jolt the brain awake better than a cup of coffee. Though at first the effect is felt in the head, the body relaxes, muscles ease and pain fades away. Schrom is truly a medicinal strain and a connoisseur's delight. It is a sativa strain that provides good yields and thick, trichome covered buds with large colas at the top of the plant. This is a strain that both growers and smokers should demand more of.

It has been 6 or so years since I have last seen Schrom, and that is a shame. While I understand why it never gained the favor OG and the Chem line did it is still a shame that such a great variety is so difficult to obtain. I hope this changes and people start growing and smoking the Schrom once more.
Maybe its cause of that name haha.
Reminds me of schmeigel or however you spell that

Junk

Junk

Late 90s cannabis varietal, lol
I miss that time. I had the first WW and a Purple Haze from the Dam. The WW was almost like a trip.

I've searched for that plant ever since. The Purple Haze was one of the best I ever had too.

Do you think weed is getting weaker? Not talking potency, but just overall effect on us somehow? I haven't had anything again that was like that WW or that Purple Haze. I used to be able to get high as pie. Although, I have a lot of physical symptoms now that I didn't before, so maybe it's just as strong but I notice it different ways.

Dunno.

yooper420

yooper420

Curmudgeonlander
Supporter
Weaker weed ? Do not think so, do believe it`s called tolerance. If the rest of you potheads been smoking as much and as long as me you definitely have a tolerance built up. Quit for 30 days and then see how high you get on the same shit. Been stoned 99% of the days since July 1968. I know I have a tolerance built up, that`s why when peeps ask "how good is it ?", I tell `em "I don`t know, you try it and tell me." Answer is always "it`s good, you mean you smoke this all day long ?" Hell yes, fire one up.

dalai farma

dalai farma

Ive been on a break from smoking for bout three months now, and made some rosin last weekend and had to slip. One big ol dab and I was on another level. TOO FUCKIN HIGH. Lmao

I get way too high off extracts as well. Last time I had to force myself to go to sleep. Just WAY TOO HIGH. lol. I'm a weed nerd.

NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
Pure Northern Lights #5
My little nl5 patch is about to flower.

The late 90's, very sativa dom nl#5/haze. Always had me so relaxed yet had my mind racing. One too many bong hits would make you laugh out loud for no reason and be glued to the couch at the same time. Not sure if it came from sensi or what but I know my bro always took it 77 days.
Hell yes! Damn I love that strain, a cut locally known as Ft. Collins Cough is pretty legendary. Right now I'm running FCC x 95 era SSH from Cannarado. Not sure if seeds are available anywhere yet though.

I miss that time. I had the first WW and a Purple Haze from the Dam. The WW was almost like a trip.

I've searched for that plant ever since. The Purple Haze was one of the best I ever had too.

Do you think weed is getting weaker? Not talking potency, but just overall effect on us somehow? I haven't had anything again that was like that WW or that Purple Haze. I used to be able to get high as pie. Although, I have a lot of physical symptoms now that I didn't before, so maybe it's just as strong but I notice it different ways.

Dunno.
The other factor of the equation (in addition to tolerance) is the novelty factor. In other words as your brain experiences being high for longer and under more diverse experiences, you begin to get better at doing thing while high, this means retaining focus and attention to details you otherwise are too stoned to bother with when you first start smoking cannabis. The experience of being high becomes normal and eventually you are at risk of becoming one of those people who stops smoking every day and realizes what it's like to be high on life. IMO this is the natural course of a cannabis user who is not using to alleviate physical or emotional pain.

I think cannabis is best used once a week or once every two weeks, if you wish to continuously experience the confused/hilarious/psychedelic aspects of cannabis. As a medical patient, I can say I stay pretty well saturated, and at times I am really bored with it all. So bored I'll choose to experience my neuropathy for short bursts of time just to enjoy that high on life feeling, until the pain becomes too burdensome and interrupts sleeping and general mood too much. Chronic pain can be really depressing, if not for cannabis I'd be a pharma junky, so thank you cannabis.

Last edited:
NaturalTherapy

NaturalTherapy

Lighthouse
Supporter
As for my "not to be missed" selections...

Since 2012, this has been my favorite sativa. Cannabiogen's Destroyer

100% sativa hybrid consisting of Thai, Mexican and Colombian landrace cannabis genetics. My cut is predominately Thai in expression and effect. All my flower pics of her are on a dead hard drive, and I butchered my last round (underfed), so I don't have any pics of her done well.

Junk

Junk

I thought one of those said Purple Haze & I was about to ask you some questions!

So, another one is Purple Haze. You have to do the research & find the right one, but man, this stone knocks you in the head & then kicks you in the balls. I was obliterated. The 90's were good years for cannabis. I didn't pay much attention to it back then, bc I was just a consumer. So I don't know who bred it. But I haven't found a stone like that since. Like a 100% happy, & completely blasted type of stone. There was no turning back...you were IN it.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
I thought one of those said Purple Haze & I was about to ask you some questions!

So, another one is Purple Haze. You have to do the research & find the right one, but man, this stone knocks you in the head & then kicks you in the balls. I was obliterated. The 90's were good years for cannabis. I didn't pay much attention to it back then, bc I was just a consumer. So I don't know who bred it. But I haven't found a stone like that since. Like a 100% happy, & completely blasted type of stone. There was no turning back...you were IN it.
Purple hash plant...

Junk

Junk

Been stoned 99% of the days since July 1968.
lol x 10 minutes That's awesome.

It's not tolerance for me though. I just started using cannabis again when I got my license for it. (that's not a CYA, that's the truth) I had a 15 year gap. Although...now that I think about it, the first one I tried, Med Man's Painkiller, had the D in the dirt, so perhaps you're right. What makes me question it is back in the 90's, I puffed WAY more than I do now. & still, that original WW had me laid out. The Purple Haze, which was in the same few days, same thing.

As for weaker weed, I know that weed continues to get higher & higher strength. However, I think there are other factors at play. It's not easy to confirm (at least it hasn't been for me) how they test the THC, but it appears to be by weight. So, if you dry the bud out, really, really, dry, you achieve a higher THC percentage (someone correct me if I'm wrong...please, I want to understand it) So, saying THC content is higher, while it may technically be true for what they test...I'm not sure they are testing things in the exact same way they used to. I have a Cookies Cross, where I personally saw the lab results. I held the paper in my hand. Total THC was just above 34% if i recall correctly, & I think I do. (34.17)

I know everything is a cumulative effect. The proportions of terpenes & all C's & T's. But 34% should knock you on your ass. I haven't grown it out yet...& I'm sure I won't achieve what the breeder did, but I don't expect to be knocked on my ass. I don't experience that anymore. You're probably right...I just haven't wrapped my head around it yet. But I haven't experienced that dick in the dirt high since the 90's. & from 97-2001 I has high every day. Every time I switched jobs I had to do a thorough cleanse to pass a drug test.

I'll add Med Man's Painkiller to the list, or the PPK. Had it a few times since the initial smoke & every time it's like a relaxation bomb went off in your body. It's positively lovely. It's got an opiate like warmth to it too.

If you deal with pain....Med Man's Painkiller strains are beyond a "must try"...whatever that is. 'Tis the proverbial !@# For a body high/pain relief, it's the best recent strain I've had. It belongs on this list for sure.

Top Bottom