The NEW ePapillon 1000w

• Thread starter indogro
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

toquer

nobody has any input? i'm looking at replacing several lights...hope somebody can chime in

DowNwithDirT

DowNwithDirT

gavitas about to come out with some new tech that'll dominate everything.....>T minus 2 weeks I believe

S

Seed Buyer

I have seen the test results of the new Sun Light Supply "Boss" and "ACDE" DE reflectors with the Ushio Pro Plus lamps and the PAR readings blew the epaps and Gavits away. I think DE's are game changers and no one will be screwing in their 1000 watt lamps in a few years.

DO IT

DO IT

I saw that same test that's why I went with the Phillips and the sun light hoods

S

Seed Buyer

Jimmie jj walkerundated dyn o mite med wide

DO IT

DO IT

Yeah I grabbed the AC/DE hoods. They had the best spread in the test.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Yeah I grabbed the AC/DE hoods. They had the best spread in the test.

Are you gonna air cool them, or run em open glass?

Reason I ask, I'm curious about the boss reflector sunlight has, as I run open hoods.

slumdog80

slumdog80

I have seen the test results of the new Sun Light Supply "Boss" and "ACDE" DE reflectors with the Ushio Pro Plus lamps and the PAR readings blew the epaps and Gavits away. I think DE's are game changers and no one will be screwing in their 1000 watt lamps in a few years.

Where you did you see this?

DO IT

DO IT

I had a buddy send me an email with it. Let me see if I can find it and I will post a link.

DO IT

DO IT

These hoods are air cooled but the air does not pass over the bulb. Instead is passes in between the reflective material inside the hood and the shell. These DE bulbs are supposed to operate at a certain temp to to run at max efficiency. I'm going to try and run them w/o the glass and see how the react. I might have to end up air cooling them if the don't like to run open hood.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I am plan on running them open.

Why not go with the boss as it's the same reflector but without the air cooling option? Just curious, as I'm about to order a grip of them.

DO IT

DO IT

The DE bulbs need to run "hot" to hit the par #'s. This is why the air passed through a chamber and not over the bulb. I plan on running them open to see
What the difference is. If it's big I will replace the glass and air cool them. I run 40k bloom rooms on a flip and really hate cleaning glass. If I where to get the boss and not hit the par #'s I would have to order another 40hoods .

Latest posts

Top Bottom