The New Guy And His Meds Help Wanted Lol

• Thread starter Daze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daze

Daze

hows it Goin peeps? Hopefully you're all enjoying your Sunday afternoon because I'm stressing it lol I have a question so I'm starting my veg phase and am not sure how to mix the nutrients into my dwc 5gal bucket I have the jungle juice trio with voo Doo juice ,piranha and bud candy I was told these are guaranteed so what I'm thinking according to the bottle its 2ml/l that means 18Lx2mL correct? Then I'll add the same with voodoo piranha and Bud candy correct? Well is it safe to join them into a 1gal Jug shake well and apply full gal to dwc bucket ?? Or how would I mix and apply these nutrients? I know such a nooooob bt theres a first time for everything

Apollo13

Apollo13

Well ph before adding and as a common practice, dilute everything down to 20% to start. Not sure on bud candy because I don't go crazy with additives but sounds like a flower additive. Basically take whatever they tell u per liter add to a gallon instead and work up. Never add full strength even switching brands until u know. Do yourself a favor, search heisenburg tea. Will Save you at some point.

Daze

Daze

Yes I check the ph daily every day and night about 2-3times and on occasion it is off about.5 that means it'll be at 7.0 or 5.7 my ppm is at a steady 300 sometimes around it is this good or bad? And ok so skip the whole add it by liters and just start off using 2ml to the gal and then after I clean out the bucket at the end of the week add it with more strength this time for the next week?

Apollo13

Apollo13

Somethings off. If u drift from mid 5 to 7, got rot or something. 300 Is Good Ppm as long as not too small of plant in dwc. Don't go crazy like u read guys doing on ppm unail u ca read plant.. Running air until the bucket is rolling boil. Run tea. Stay below 70 degrees. Add ro water daily to replace evape and transpiration. Change water every Monday, how I roll.... mix nutrients in separate buckets. Let sit for an hour or so, double check ph and add. Water quality is important. May need cal mag, I add it til 50 ppm and the add nutes. Then I ph up with silica. Good luck.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Better to go not enough than too much nutrients. It will harvest with less but die with too much. Super easy to burn in dwc. If u notice leaf drop or droop after nutrient change, water down nutes. My biggest killer was trying to force growth with high ppm.

Apollo13

Apollo13

What do ur roots look like, bright white is healthy unless u use organics. Stay away from those except tea if you want to harvest. And flush last week just water.

87Strange

87Strange

in DWC,i believe PH/PPM changes due to the plant's uptake.. For Example: taking in more nutrients than water,will lower the PPM,taking in more water than nutes,will raise the PPM..

Apollo13

Apollo13

When I flowered with nutrients u have, I run 4 ml cal mag, 4 ml micro and 9 ml of bloom. And stay away from boosters in my opinion. I on my 3rd Moscato now if I'm unclear..

Apollo13

Apollo13

Yes, I agree, I was being very simple for him so he could relax and harvest. 300 ppm should work no matter the strain. I most definitely agree you should adjust but only it u can read a plant. Could go less if hot environment but should produce as long as the environment is conducive to plant life.

Daze

Daze

Well I like to think of my ph at 6-6.5 is neutral since it usually is at that "not saying it is I just like to think of it like that " so what I meant was sometimes it's off and will be 7.0 and sometimes 5.5 so this is bad ? My roots look white,one of them is a white bt a bit on the yellow side is that root rot? And I will be lookin into that Heisenberg tea as well ill upload pics in a few im about to chow down and that's real good advice 87strange I didn't even know so now Ill for that ppm change

Apollo13

Apollo13

Golden roots are stressed or dying in my experience if in veg. 5.5-5.8 . Air pumps typically heat water. If ph ok and nute burn not it, air flow is ok, temp probably is issue 68 prime. Use tea, I swear. It will help u immediately. Takes 48 hours to bubble it. Get started.

Last edited:
Apollo13

Apollo13

Ok to swing or drift, they say it's actually good, but keep it in the green. Has to do with uptake and nutrients available at different ph levels.

Apollo13

Apollo13

Look into signs of nutrient burn. Most nutrients are very well balanced so more than likely it's a matter of too strong. They want you to use it. I always thought if I made nutrients, I'd rather have happy customer and less sales than screw somebody outta money and kill their garden. My first lesson was never listen to nutrient manufacturers. I can't stress that enough. I'm out. Drunk now..

Daze

Daze

Ok moment of truth do I have root rot or are my roots healthy
this little bubbler is the one that keeps the ph drifting I made this one quick because these clones were a gift and I had no space so I had to mcpot it and came up with this lol is that to many bubbles? I know they look a bit off color I think it's the nutrients I fed them earlier I did see brand new roots coming out super white!As for these next ones same thing I got them all at the same time I just put these in a 5gal bucket I had .alright hopefully I don't have root rot and if I do I just gotta buy those nutes and make that Heisenberg tea?
These look a little darker bt when I pulled them to the side they were also white a bit yellow bt I think the nutrients stained them? Can that happen or am I hoping for the best and that's defenitly root rot??

Apollo13

Apollo13

Yes staining happens. But id say yes. UR nutes look foamy, not bubbly. Do ur others look similar? Go get ewc asap and great white. Add great white while u wait for tea. Change res. If ur getting white roots above the water but golden when hit, somethings wrong with ur water. If you have enough air, right ph, good temp, it's ur nutes. Looks like common nutrient burn in dwc. I swear to god the net is full of shit, stay low..tug light on roots, should be firm not gooey or break off easy. If they hold, new roots will come out of them when environment gets conducive to growth.

Daze

Daze

I agree with that selling something that works at a affordable price i just picked up those advanced nutrients and they were pricy bt I believe they are designed strictly for pot if I understand correctly?

Apollo13

Apollo13

Scrub res with peroxide when change it until u get tea. And maybe add some to nutes, but Im not a big fan.

Apollo13

Apollo13

To be honest I used a ton of nutes. Got a couple dollars on the old nute rack. Look at voodoo. But the not so fancy work good. They all work. I suggest ionic, one part, hard to screw up. Run 5 ml per gallon, no problems. I switch around but they work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom