The New Guy And His Meds Help Wanted Lol

• Thread starter Daze
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Daze

Daze

No the other ones are bubbles I was thinking of switching a air stone from both of them maybe that'll help the bubbles come instead of foamy bubbles and damn so that does look like root rot? The roots do seem sturdy if I pull hard enough I'll rip it off bt I can mess with them and they're fine I guess I'll have to go out tomorrow and find that ewc and great white it's midnight where I'm at lol

Apollo13

Apollo13

I just reread ur post. Probably air pump. I missed the " small pump keeps drifting part "

Apollo13

Apollo13

Hey soak in peroxide so if is rot, don't give it to the other, with tea, u would be fine, but I'd still clean it.

Last edited:
Apollo13

Apollo13

Fyi, I have big plants burning at 300 trying to hang with my others. I watch their roots closely.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I usually only change one thing at a time so if plants react bad, I know what it is. Ever in doubt, dump res and start over.

Daze

Daze

Yes I added a few benies I did the jungle juice trio with some voo Doo and piranha I did about 1/2 what the manufacturer said because I too think they want us to run out dollar to the floor and get new bottles of there shit lol and alright so I should soak the roots into hydrogen peroxide?all of them or just the ones I think are infected lol as for the ewc tea I just get a bag of ewc throw it in a gal bucket bubble for a day or 2 and throw it in the res or clean it all out use new everything?

Daze

Daze

alright ill take it slowly and won't freak out as much as I want to lol I mean they do look healthy I got them a few days ago like 2-3 ,added nutrients yesterday after contemplating if I am going to use them right lol my friend was throwing out these clones so I was like I'll take them!!! Lol ,if root rot is in place and rotting I still have about 2-3days to make that tea right?

87Strange

87Strange

also,have u stated what your water temps are?as that is very important

Apollo13

Apollo13

I believe peroxide is a cleaner and not that great for roots. It does take 48 hours for tea.
Get 2-3 gallons of ro water
ph to 6
1 handful of ewc per gallon
1 tbsp of molasses
scoop of great white or similar
many other ingredients can be added to improve the teas bacteria and fungus diversity.
Bubble for 48 hours. Add until it makes up at least 10% of ur water
strain tea and toss out solids or mix in ur dirt plants.
refrigerate the rest, add a cup a day. Toss out after 10 days.
you must dilute ur ph up or down with water or it will kill your beneficials. Should have a smell, but not stink. If it smells like death or rot, toss it and up ur air. Can't have too much air, in dwc either. Never too much air..

Please do read Heisenberg tea. Would like u to understand it properly. U could breed pathogens and such if u don't have enough air.

Apollo13

Apollo13

I never have managed to hurt a plant ever with tea. No overdoses ever. It's very safe. Too make it simple, there's just no room or food for bad bacteria because there are so many good bacteria already there.

Daze

Daze

I have no idea what my water tempture is i will find out and I ended up buying hygrozyme the dude at this hydro shop recommended it for root rot and guess what Apollo!? I woke up today to check the ph level and bam! Had root rot it looks like mold or fungi right? Lol I washed it off emptied the 5gal bucket and now about to fill it up and add 5ml per gallon of hygrozyme does that sounds right? Thanks for the help in advance I couldn't find the worm cases and the dude didn't realy mention much upon it either i guess I'd have to get those at like pet co or reptile shop?

Apollo13

Apollo13

Yeah, I'm a high on. Sorry
I buy at home depot, menards, lowes. Any garden store. Ewc is earth worm castings. Any benes u can add will help. But there is a reason ur roots died. Find it. Tea and benes are only insurance unless ur going organics nutes, which I recommend u stay away from. Good luck brother. I also prune my roots, so those long tap roots I pinch off to encourage side growth and make certain roots rather than long ropes. Now please don't go crazy, like tipping or topping, very lil materials removed or u'd be better off not touching it. I saw ur roots were long is all. I don't like long roots in a uc or rdwc.

Daze

Daze

Lol alright so is it safe to chop some of the bottom roots off or would that stun the growth?or would it actually make them stronger cause I'm looking at them and they are getting better but I might want to chop it off since the fresh white ones are about to grow around those lol

Apollo13

Apollo13

Up to u. The tea will eat dead roots. Some probably will live and shoot new white roots out of the Golden roots. If it's brown slime, u may want to cut. As long as few good white roots will feed it fine. Sounds like ur making progess.

Daze

Daze

Sweet alright I might try chopping one of them a bit just to see the reproduction bt I did notice those roots lightening in color so good signs right lol I got my temp back to around 70-75 it's been hot lately so that ac has been blasting 24/7 has me thinking what my electric bills gona come out at lol least of my worries though I just want these girls to get healthy and stay strong

Apollo13

Apollo13

Yeah, I reach shut off level every bill, I'm like 4 normal houses of electricty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom