The next "BIG" thing? Humic and fulvic acids

• Thread starter jumpincactus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
happynessistheway

happynessistheway

I can't find an SDS on Fulvic Blast. It looks more concentrated, but fulvic can start working at a few ppm. The cool thing about that brand is that they left the beneficial micronutrients in with how they stabilized it.
Hey SDS?
I am no native english soeaking Person.
Which one has stabilized micronutes?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Hey SDS?
I am no native english soeaking Person.
Which one has stabilized micronutes?

SDS- Safety Data Sheet. It will give you hints about the formulation.

When Aptus fulvic makes the humic acid fall out, they retain the chelated micronutrients in their formula. It's good quality, but if it's like Aptus in the US, it's ridiculously priced.

happynessistheway

happynessistheway

Thank you very much yes its overporiced as fuck 10€ for 50ml or 56€ for one l
vitalink on the other hand has 250ml for 14€ or 1l for 24€ but i would rather take quality but dont know if actually the more paying is repaying me in more quality product.
Thank you

goingtoguano

goingtoguano

So, I bought some fulvic and humic acid from kelp4less to try and have been adding them (mostly just the fulvic) out in very small doses and my ladies seem to love it. I was looking around the web to find any more info about it and came across this study that shows how the addition of humic acid can reduce cannabinoids, especially thc. :-(
Here is the study, any thoughts:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6589925/

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Less thc, good. That means more of something better. You know the first person interested in thc %? Nixon. You know the last? Gullible vape pen victims. It never correlated to anything of value.

elduderito

elduderito

unfortunately from what I understand thc % has become a driving factor in the legal markets (e.g. California) - I've read it's hard to sell anything less than 20% thc despite, as you say RippedTorn, the argument that THC is just one piece in the equation within cannabis - terpenes, CBN, CBD, CBG, THCv, THCa etc...

For me flavor is almost more important than effect... altho it seems that the tastiest stuff i've tried just so happens to be very effective...

Fudge

Fudge

So, I bought some fulvic and humic acid from kelp4less to try and have been adding them (mostly just the fulvic) out in very small doses and my ladies seem to love it. I was looking around the web to find any more info about it and came across this study that shows how the addition of humic acid can reduce cannabinoids, especially thc. :-(
Here is the study, any thoughts:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6589925/
Ive added organic fulvic to my last couple of grows and my girls have never been better, the new smells and flavours I'm getting from strains (clones too) I have grown in the past are amazing. Its the best move I've made

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Ive added organic fulvic to my last couple of grows and my girls have never been better, the new smells and flavours I'm getting from strains (clones too) I have grown in the past are amazing. Its the best move I've made

Yeah Mr. Fudge, I get frost in veg when I use FA. Fulvic acid acts like an electrolyte for your nutrients. Good quality fulvic will list their amino or beneficial organic acids like gallic or cinnamic acids.

Fudge

Fudge

Yeah Mr. Fudge, I get frost in veg when I use FA. Fulvic acid acts like an electrolyte for your nutrients. Good quality fulvic will list their amino or beneficial organic acids like gallic or cinnamic acids.
I can't thank you enough for your help mate, just some advice and pointers from you has cut my costs in half(and further once I get my bulk dry base in spring) and raised the bar soooo much on the quality of my bud.

Pic of my last crops

20201218 232634
IMG 20210107 WA0004
20201213 140526

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Bill have you use the NPK raw Full up fulvic, or have an opinion on it, I can't find what the ingredients in it are or even all the acids. ok priced and can get it off amazon Canada . Mr fulvic looks good but can't get that up here from what I can see.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
Bill have you use the NPK raw Full up fulvic, or have an opinion on it, I can't find what the ingredients in it are or even all the acids. ok priced and can get it off amazon Canada . Mr fulvic looks good but can't get that up here from what I can see.

Fulvic xcell has a good product. There was also a fulvic that was 0-2-0 that looked really good listed in this thread for my growmies up North.

testiclees

testiclees

I have reached out to a couple humate vendors asking if they had reviewed this paper. CRICKETS

Impact of N, P, K, and Humic Acid Supplementation on the Chemical Profile of Medical Cannabis (Cannabis sativa L)

"HA was found to reduce the natural spatial variability of all of the cannabinoids studied. However, the increased uniformity came at the expense of the higher levels of cannabinoids at the top of the plants, THC and CBD were reduced by 37 and 39%, respectively"

there is a thread on riu about this topic. Some of the posters were writing in to their preferred humic/fulvic suppliers seeking a reaction to this information. Anyone here aware of this study? Concerned at all?

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
I'm not concerned at all. Humic acid is NOT fulvic acid. Humic acid could be unrefined Leonardite or asphaltum used to seal driveways. It isn't water soluble at acidic pH and may contain impurities.

I use a water extracted fulvic, amino and organic acid additive.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I have reached out to a couple humate vendors asking if they had reviewed this paper. CRICKETS

Impact of N, P, K, and Humic Acid Supplementation on the Chemical Profile of Medical Cannabis (Cannabis sativa L)

"HA was found to reduce the natural spatial variability of all of the cannabinoids studied. However, the increased uniformity came at the expense of the higher levels of cannabinoids at the top of the plants, THC and CBD were reduced by 37 and 39%, respectively"

there is a thread on riu about this topic. Some of the posters were writing in to their preferred humic/fulvic suppliers seeking a reaction to this information. Anyone here aware of this study? Concerned at all?

this study says they added humic acid daily. That is not a test of proper use. It proves nothing but different mineral concentrations affect cannabinoids.

BillFarthing

BillFarthing

Supporter
If the carbon content of humic acid isn't charged like biochar, I could see how it could be an NPK sink and cause poor growth and THC content with plants.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If the carbon content of humic acid isn't charged like biochar, I could see how it could be an NPK sink and cause poor growth and THC content with plants.

i did find it odd that the extra p plants didnt show such reduction.

Cultivatorzach

Cultivatorzach

Any one used Instant Compost Tea?? What is everyone's opinion on Instant Compost Teas? Ive been using one that I grabbed on Amazon from Mighty Plant these last few months and have been happily surprised with the results. One thing I am curious about, how does this stack up to a traditional brewed tea on a bacteria/fungal level?

I can say that by visual comparison the Instant tea is blowing my traditional 24 hour brew out of the water, can anyone explain why this might be? Ive attached a link to the webpage listing which shows their ingredients

Last edited:
blazeoneup

blazeoneup

I use Root Naturally 1 Lb TeraVita SP-90 Humic Acid 100% Soluble Powder

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Dutch science organic line has Humates and fulvic acid mixes. I like them although they changed recently
0BA5E732 3189 4EAC 872F 53746165CB5D

Top Bottom