The Oil Cave

• Thread starter Oil Dragon
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Cannasoir

Cannasoir

We share similar tastes=]. I love all forms of marijuana, but Wax, oil, and honeycomb just hit a spot the others cant. Recently recieved a g-pen for free, I fucking love that little thing. Way easier than my old method which was a glass wand and a torch .

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

We share similar tastes=]. I love all forms of marijuana, but Wax, oil, and honeycomb just hit a spot the others cant. Recently recieved a g-pen for free, I fucking love that little thing. Way easier than my old method which was a glass wand and a torch .
Agreed ;)

The G pen is nice, so efficient n discrete, plus can take some huge rips-- it def caught me off guard!
Carful wit the wicking system in the cartridge though, pulled mine out by accident--> stuck to the dabber b/c forgot to melt it before LOL

-Oil Dragon

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

What strain did you use to make the oil? Do you feel like the flavor of the bud is maintained after the extraction?

Oregon Panda

Oregon Panda

You would be suprized how many people just take all of their trim and blast it all together...
It is so irritating to hear a pot's flavor be described as "hashy".

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

You would be suprized how many people just take all of their trim and blast it all together...
It is so irritating to hear a pot's flavor be described as "hashy".

frustrating ain't it. I think BHO is more valuable than that as well. Def a Flavor-Head.

That would probably provide a knockout punch thou haha

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

^^ so true... there's been times when i've got a single flavor plant off to the side for head smoke and its so nice to run the trim by itself, just to enjoy a few rips of something a little different than our production runs

nice earl, nice sig, and nice thread dragon!

Hilltopfarms

Hilltopfarms

hey dragon, i'm curious if the gdp is the one in the 5th picture? it looks a little darker and i'm wondering if any color came through... i haven't made many runs from a purple strain and i've never seen any actual purple oil

sdgrower

sdgrower

Oil
what's the best way you have found to do the boiling water purge. I thought I had the water low enough in relation to the pyrex dish but I just wasted 2 runs because it keeps boiling over. Any tips would help

Graywolf

Graywolf

It depends on how you are going to use the oil. If it is to be vaporized for head effect, I would drop the temperature of the water to just hot tap water, at 140F or less.

When the butane appears to be gone visually, if you can pull a vacuum to -29.9Hg, I've found that 115F works well for keeping the oil liquid enough to allow the purge gases to escape, but retain maximum carboxylic acid.

If you are going to decarboxylate it for oral consumption, I would use a deeper container and hot tap water until it looks like the butane is gone, and then set in a 250F hot oil bath to finish purging and decarboxylating.

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

^^ so true... there's been times when i've got a single flavor plant off to the side for head smoke and its so nice to run the trim by itself, just to enjoy a few rips of something a little different than our production runs

nice earl, nice sig, and nice thread dragon!
Thanks hiltop!

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

It depends on how you are going to use the oil. If it is to be vaporized for head effect, I would drop the temperature of the water to just hot tap water, at 140F or less.

When the butane appears to be gone visually, if you can pull a vacuum to -29.9Hg, I've found that 115F works well for keeping the oil liquid enough to allow the purge gases to escape, but retain maximum carboxylic acid.

If you are going to decarboxylate it for oral consumption, I would use a deeper container and hot tap water until it looks like the butane is gone, and then set in a 250F hot oil bath to finish purging and decarboxylating.

Graywolf knows what's up :)

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

hey dragon, i'm curious if the gdp is the one in the 5th picture? it looks a little darker and i'm wondering if any color came through... i haven't made many runs from a purple strain and i've never seen any actual purple oil

GDP=1st & 5th pic

sorry for the time delay

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

Oil
what's the best way you have found to do the boiling water purge. I thought I had the water low enough in relation to the pyrex dish but I just wasted 2 runs because it keeps boiling over. Any tips would help

careful not to overcook the terpenoids & flavanoids away:cool:

Oil Dragon

Oil Dragon

vector is made in the usa so you know its actually refined 5x or 7x like it says on the can with korean gas you never know what your getting.

when i started i thought i was getting all the gas out by water purging but then i started water purging while vac purging at the same time and that made all the difference in my case

also i dont freeze or put in the fridge anymore

just my 2 cents

I'll take that into consideration. Thank You.

YarraSparra

YarraSparra

Great thread Oil Dragon.
Only made BHO once and that was years ago. Can't even really claim that I made it. I just helped a friend do it. Was with my material, but his skills.
I remember it being potent stuff. Only a small amount floored us for hours. Fun times... :D

YS

manitoid.

manitoid.

vector is made in the usa so you know its actually refined 5x or 7x like it says on the can with korean gas you never know what your getting.

Vector is Korean Gas too bro, look at your own can if you don't believe me, says it right there "Made in Korea"

manitoid.

manitoid.

ok, i'll take pictures of the can if you don't believe me
Vector2
Vector1
Vector3

Top Bottom