The Perfect Led Grow Light / Lite

• Thread starter JWM2
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

Does the perfect LED grow light already exist?

• Total voters
Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Might even be sooner. Hemp has come a long way as well. You might be able to get CBD a lot easier than you think here in the next year.
This is a nug off a hemp plant. Around 20% CBD.
Crazy you can get cbd products froeom Amazon now too! Anything under .3% thc is somewhere in the gray legal area. I’m hoping for a full hemp dilisiting so we can grow it like corn.
Today at the local dispensary, 2000mg/l stuff is $249 plus tax? Wtf. Man I’m tellin ya the yuppies and their trends, now everyone is in the cbd game , 5 yrs ago I’d go to prison for having a gram of it.

GeneticGiant

GeneticGiant

I agree Jack, they wouldn't have even given you the chance to have it tested back then with the stigma it held, if it looked like it or smells close enough to weed, it has to be Tetrahydrocannabinol right? Or so they think.
People finding ways to continue to do what they should just allow us to do anyway.

As much as it is hype it also holds some merit. Indica hunters have been searching for high CBD for years because they wanted the benefits it provided but thats what they did, grow weed, not hemp. Now that science is slightly being allowed to look at cannabis with some seriousness, there will be a lot of changes of opinion and method.

At this rate this strain of hemp we're running would test negative for THC. We could technically ship hemp buds and market them as CBD flowers.
Here in Oregon we needed a license for hemp production but it looks like its going to pay for itself easily.
I went to school for Culinary Arts and I am very excited to make some CBD infused goodies.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
I agree Jack, they wouldn't have even given you the chance to have it tested back then with the stigma it held, if it looked like it or smells close enough to weed, it has to be Tetrahydrocannabinol right? Or so they think.
People finding ways to continue to do what they should just allow us to do anyway.

As much as it is hype it also holds some merit. Indica hunters have been searching for high CBD for years because they wanted the benefits it provided but thats what they did, grow weed, not hemp. Now that science is slightly being allowed to look at cannabis with some seriousness, there will be a lot of changes of opinion and method.

At this rate this strain of hemp we're running would test negative for THC. We could technically ship hemp buds and market them as CBD flowers.
Here in Oregon we needed a license for hemp production but it looks like its going to pay for itself easily.
I went to school for Culinary Arts and I am very excited to make some CBD infused goodies.
I have Suzy glue strain with her its about 59:1 ratio cbd/thc that is my best medicine out there.

Smoking Gun

Smoking Gun

Crazy you can get cbd products froeom Amazon now too! Anything under .3% thc is somewhere in the gray legal area. I’m hoping for a full hemp dilisiting so we can grow it like corn.
Today at the local dispensary, 2000mg/l stuff is $249 plus tax? Wtf. Man I’m tellin ya the yuppies and their trends, now everyone is in the cbd game , 5 yrs ago I’d go to prison for having a gram of it.

I personally don’t trust a lot of the CBD products out there. If you look at the back of the products, the fine print, it says that the CBD is not a Cannabis product. If it is not a Cannabis product then where is the CBD from? A lab maybe?

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

NICE!!! Yup the future is here. When you can legally pull that off in your back yard in 2018 and by 2020 Amazon will drop off a zip from a drone within the hour,:) there wont be a lot of folks lining up to spend $10k on up for a grow room. Sucks to be me.
LOL...This!
Drone2

Krippie94

Krippie94

I have Suzy glue strain with her its about 59:1 ratio cbd/thc that is my best medicine out there.
We have Harle-Tsu. Only popped 4 out of the pack. But the 2 females flowered were definitely HIGH in CBD. not sure the ratio. But it was GREAT! We are stoked to have her in the line up. ..
I just want an LED that is as good or better than HPS that doesn't cost 1500 bucks like the XL750's. . .I mean, they do the job. But there's better, cheaper lights being made.

chillywilly

chillywilly

Greetings,
F **"ck cbd strains and...I'm a med patient...make me feel noid..dizzy, drunk...uhhh. walking into walls etc...no hemp for me...meds...hmmph...
cw

chillywilly

chillywilly

3200k-4200k led or bulbs ...2700/hps= IV(infra-red) flowers, above 3200+= UV (ultra-violet) = resin...my LED =4200... can't get my photos up...but my past speak for itself... perfect LED...got many LEDs ... checking who got what or bs...
at your service...
cw

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Super Grow Sk450 is my current grow light, 250 w panel. works fine for me and four years old.
cw

Check my post
...he he...
cw
I and others have seen your pics of this sk450 you keep mentioning, and it did keep a couple people here from buying that light you speak of. For $800+ the sk450(235 watts) dont even cover a 2x2 area uniformly, drastic drop outside of 1x1. I would need 4 of them ($3200) to cover a 4x4 area evenly.

crimsonecho

crimsonecho

Self-Proclaimed Don Quixote
Supporter
I and others have seen your pics of this sk450 you keep mentioning, and it did keep a couple people here from buying that light you speak of. For $800+ the sk450(235 watts) dont even cover a 2x2 area uniformly, drastic drop outside of 1x1. I would need 4 of them ($3200) to cover a 4x4 area evenly.

What! For that price you can do mother of all, led diy :)

chillywilly

chillywilly

Sir, you are incorrect, it will cover a 4x4 area...yes it is a tad expensive, but the quality of the flowers speak for themselves I havent seen any here that I know here who has, but there is lighting
that is cheaper... but you seem more at shooting me down, doesn't show maturity as a grower... I'm pretty sure you are an excellent grower I started using mh 3200k for years... it's been shown that hps light do build flowers but higher kelvins build Resin to that this light 4200k has great light penetration and no burples...I have other LEDs that are much less expensive ran me like 50+ bucks... don't knock what you haven't tried...
Peace
cw

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
Sir, you are incorrect, it will cover a 4x4 area...yes it is a tad expensive, but the quality of the flowers speak for themselves I havent seen any here that I know here who has, but there is lighting
that is cheaper... but you seem more at shooting me down, doesn't show maturity as a grower... I'm pretty sure you are an excellent grower I started using mh 3200k for years... it's been shown that hps light do build flowers but higher kelvins build Resin to that this light 4200k has great light penetration and no burples...I have other LEDs that are much less expensive ran me like 50+ bucks... don't knock what you haven't tried...
Peace
cw
Sorry if I come off a bit harsh, not trying to put you down but you keep referring to this led light and to these pics you posted of plants under this light like its a real good light. Here is the graph for your light at 12" above canopy.

graph_right-2.png

chillywilly

chillywilly

I thought that is what this thread is about...250w not 235...
cw

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
I thought that is what this thread is about...250w not 235...
cw
250 watts at the wall, then subtract 15 watts for powering your driver. Sure it will grow plants, but most people are looking to cover their whole canopy as even as possible and not just focused in the center to maximize the area to its full potential.. Here is a graph of what I am running over my 4x4 area with a hlg 550 quantum board i built for $560 using top of the line samsumg diodes. 575 watts draw of at the wall for a total light output of 545 watts.
th

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
You have to realize that LED technology has really improved and advanced in the last 4 yrs that you have had your light. To charge $800+ for a 250w light is outrageous these days when you can buy better quaility led lights for about for $1 per watt.

chillywilly

chillywilly

At my local hydro store they got some for 1200+ bucks, larger footprint but uses 1kw, three times (the electric bill) as much...not too efficient I may say, we all have to pay that bill if not outdoors...by the way what spectrum you using? Also the light I bought on a black Friday so I saved 120 bucks, this panel is a sixth generation LED.
cw

PhatNuggz

PhatNuggz

your poll result prove how ignorant most people are regarding leds. They are NOTall created equal: far from it! Many being sold for horticulture are crap chinese junk. Now the chinese can make excellent products but most on the market are rip off companies. See companies like Amare Technology, Fluence, HLG for top quality products

Top Bottom