The PH Thread.....Runoff PH??

• Thread starter Caninobis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

It's softer so may need cal mag if using in a hydro type system or even coco. The thing I don't like about it is it sits stagnant in a barrel.
It’s rains here all the time so I don’t keep it long and jug it up right away

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

so my source water PPMs are at 224 consistently when I checked it tonight. Oddly enough when I hook up my carbon filter that number goes up to 230 sO that’s weird it’s brand new so maybe I need to flush it a little more. I can’t seem to find anything on what a good baseline is for PPM how is it at 224?

150 is said to be ideal. At .5 conversion

.3 ec

In case your meter is calibrated at .7.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

But im way late. Everyone else already said 150 ppm. I would mix with ro too.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Heck yeah dude thanks! I was looking at systems like this but I couldn’t tell if I was looking at replacement filters or systems so I got too scared to even think about trying to buy one.
Anyhow if you decide RO hook everything up as per instructions but leave the membrane out and run it for a good 10 min to flush the carbon and sediment filter. The open and put in the membrane.

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
Getting back to rainwater for a second, that's what I use in the winter and I just treat it like pure RO. Gotta add calmag back to it. And it should be filtered. I also shock my cisterns with H2O2 once every couple weeks.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Getting back to rainwater for a second, that's what I use in the winter and I just treat it like pure RO. Gotta add calmag back to it. And it should be filtered. I also shock my cisterns with H2O2 once every couple weeks.
Thanks I may filter mine but so far I’ve had good luck with the rainwater !

Caninobis

Caninobis

Good call.. usually US is 500 if bought from Australia or Europe not uncommonly 700.
But as you pointed out always a good idea to check

How do i know what mine is calibrated at and what difference does it make on my reading if any? Is it something i absolutely need to know?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

How do i know what mine is calibrated at and what difference does it make on my reading if any? Is it something i absolutely need to know?
Can you link the one you have. It should say in the manual. Where did you buy it from?.
There is a chart in this article.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

This is a good example of why EC is a much better option when talking about water testing in general.

BigCube

BigCube

In promix hpcc, anywhere in the 6's works great for me, I'm sure promix has some buffers in it. I havent had any issues with the hpcc, I treat it like coco though it's only partially coco. Water and feed daily to 20% ish runoff.

Every time I test my runoff it's around 6.5 ph and lots of ppm down.

Honestly I have very little experience in dirt. But from what I've seen, most manufacturers will ph buffer their mix.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
In promix hpcc, anywhere in the 6's works great for me, I'm sure promix has some buffers in it. I havent had any issues with the hpcc, I treat it like coco though it's only partially coco. Water and feed daily to 20% ish runoff.

Every time I test my runoff it's around 6.5 ph and lots of ppm down.

Honestly I have very little experience in dirt. But from what I've seen, most manufacturers will ph buffer their mix.
Promix uses mostly peat, which has a acidic nature. Promix adds lime in some form to buffer the mix and keep the Ph in the proper range, or at least it has for me for decades. I sometimes get to a 7 but have never had any issues with nutrient lockout or other Ph related problems... it gets to 7 sometimes, but never higher. I also use wood ashes, which can also raise Ph. As long as it doesn't go above 7, I always felt safe. I also get apprehensive if it gets close to 6 but anything between the two is fine, IMO.

Caninobis

Caninobis

I hate to plug my instagram on here but I just created a DIY Growers Page where i'll be cataloging my grow as well as any other good info (that i'll probaby get from here LMAO) that the nooby, hobbyist, or DIY growers might want to know and i'd also like to showcase other growers on that page as well so if anyone wants to give me a follow it would be much appreciated!

Instagram: @Cannigrow_Cannabis

Last edited:
Top Bottom