The PH Thread.....Runoff PH??

• Thread starter Caninobis
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

do you think using Myko along with the runoff would be sufficient to help fight off any chances of nute block from the water? Isn’t mychro (I’m not spelling it because I can’t remember how) supposed to be pretty good with fighting off a block?

Basically its the ozmotic (sp.?) pressure. Once the medium has more salts than the roots the plant cant uptake regardless. Salts attract salts. So the way to prevent salt build up in containers is to leach (flush) with fresh water every so often. Even if fed the proper ec and he plant is healthy and vibrant they wont have used all of the fertilizer. The ratio is not perfect so maybe they used all the nitrogen but left a portion of the phosphorous or potassium for example. Then we fertilize again and a little more left overs remain. And so on. So every few times run fresh water through and make sure the runof is clearish and doesnt smell and has an ec close to what you are putting in.

Myco will feed the roots it is attached to but the plant is responsible to take it up.

I dont add it personally but i still see it on my roots and in the soil with ocean forest. Like beneficial bacteria. If the conditions are right they thrive without our help or innoculation.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
One question what fertilizer and addatives are you using?

I ask because if you have a few sources of ammonium/ammonia that could do it.

Eg. Calcium nitrate can increase ph, ammonium nitrate will lower ph.

Also were you see deficiencies or toxicities of any sort?

Gonna try to sleep but will check back if if can't or wake up in the middle of the night as usual.
I use General Hydroponics 3 part, Micro first stir it all in then Grow stir then bloom stir I start with 1/4 tsp / gal until they're about 3 weeks then bump it up to 3/5 tsp / gal (3mil) for a couple weeks then up to 5/5/5 (1 tsp) each until I'm ready to turn them then I'll bump up the all 3 to 7/7/7 but after my last low ph issuie I dropped it back to 5/5/5. I just turned them to 12/12 so I'll be bumping up the bloom to 10 (2tsp/gal) and I'll start with Kool Bloom at 5mil on top of the Bloom so 5/5/10/5 in another week

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I use General Hydroponics 3 part, Micro first stir it all in then Grow stir then bloom stir I start with 1/4 tsp / gal until they're about 3 weeks then bump it up to 3/5 tsp / gal (3mil) for a couple weeks then up to 5/5/5 (1 tsp) each until I'm ready to turn them then I'll bump up the all 3 to 7/7/7 but after my last low ph issuie I dropped it back to 5/5/5. I just turned them to 12/12 so I'll be bumping up the bloom to 10 (2tsp/gal) and I'll start with Kool Bloom at 5mil on top of the Bloom so 5/5/10/5 in another week
Yeah unless over feeding that shouldn't be an issue. If it was urea and several other ammonia sources that may have an impact even if not over feeding.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Yeah unless over feeding that shouldn't be an issue. If it was urea and several other ammonia sources that may have an impact even if not over feeding.
I really have to thank all you guys! I've never known which direction I should turn when problem arise and I ended up causing more problem. Now that we're legal up here and we can discuse it openly a new world is emerging for many of us. The flood gates have opened there's no stopping us now.lol

Caninobis

Caninobis

I really have to thank all you guys! I've never known which direction I should turn when problem arise and I ended up causing more problem. Now that we're legal up here and we can discuse it openly a new world is emerging for many of us. The flood gates have opened there's no stopping us now.lol
I second this! You guys are awesome. I’m the type to ask a lot of questions some of them pointless and simple just to feed my curiosity and some of them I really need answers to and ya’ll always have an answer and never make me feel stupid so cheers to the masters on here willing to share their knowledge. You guys or girls are so very appreciated.

Caninobis

Caninobis

Now, this is a bit off topic but check out my first ever monster crop clone!

Anyone have any ideas on why they start their new growth by producing these ridgeless leaves? The thing looks to be popping new shoots out of everywhere too so that’s pretty cool.
D6DA4331 C6E0 4AA3 8766 5D06CDEED0D1
785252E5 F2AD 43DF 9CFB 9797B2064C0B

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Now, this is a bit off topic but check out my first ever monster crop clone!

Anyone have any ideas on why they start their new growth by producing these ridgeless leaves? The thing looks to be popping new shoots out of everywhere too so that’s pretty cool. View attachment 905924View attachment 905925
Can't see but could just be a reaction to stress and if it is it will correct itself.

Edit: now I can see em where these taken from flowering plants?

Caninobis

Caninobis

Can't see but could just be a reaction to stress and if it is it will correct itself.

Edit: now I can see em where these taken from flowering plants?
Yeah, its typical for them to produce these ridgeless leaves as the first new growth when monster cropping. Just wondering why. Can you not see the pictures at all or you just can't see the leaves i'm talking about?

Caninobis

Caninobis

That likely means you have high alkalinity. What are the ppm’s (ec) in your source water?

Ph swings are always caused by something. Greenhouses deal with hard water by mixing with filtered water or a adding acid.

so my source water PPMs are at 224 consistently when I checked it tonight. Oddly enough when I hook up my carbon filter that number goes up to 230 sO that’s weird it’s brand new so maybe I need to flush it a little more. I can’t seem to find anything on what a good baseline is for PPM how is it at 224?

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
224 is a tad high but it depends on how alkaline it is. Probably fine. I like to keep it at or below 150 though.

Caninobis

Caninobis

224 is a tad high but it depends on how alkaline it is. Probably fine. I like to keep it at or below 150 though.

The water is super Alkaline. It usually tests between 8.6 and 8.9
So how do I adjust it? I was hoping the carbon filter at the spicket would do it but it seems to be adding solids to the water.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

The water is super Alkaline. It usually tests between 8.6 and 8.9
So how do I adjust it? I was hoping the carbon filter at the spicket would do it but it seems to be adding solids to the water.
Carbon won't really help and yes the need to be flushed first. Grab yourself and RO unit. If you mix that 50/50 you golden. I also prefer to stay under 150ppm

Caninobis

Caninobis

Carbon won't really help and yes the need to be flushed first. Grab yourself and RO unit. If you mix that 50/50 you golden. I also prefer to stay under 150ppm

i knew it wouldn’t do anything for the PH but I was hoping it would filter out some of the other stuff. Everyone keeps telling me to spend the money on a small RO system and my local hydro store has one for $150 so maybe I’ll just bite the bullet and go for it

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Moshmen

Moshmen

I second this! You guys are awesome. I’m the type to ask a lot of questions some of them pointless and simple just to feed my curiosity and some of them I really need answers to and ya’ll always have an answer and never make me feel stupid so cheers to the masters on here willing to share their knowledge. You guys or girls are so very appreciated.
I 3rd this !!!! awesome farmers all over willing to share their knowledge! How fuckin kool!

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Just gotta ask ! You guys always talking. Water but no one ever mentions using rain water? I’ve started collecting good or bad idea?
It's softer so may need cal mag if using in a hydro type system or even coco. The thing I don't like about it is it sits stagnant in a barrel.

Latest posts

Top Bottom