The Plunge Into Mixing Salts For Coco

• Thread starter Lurkin4yrs
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Ok, I think I know what's going on here.

That statement made me realize the issue.

you downloaded "saltmix" not the "premix". If you get the premixppm; then my last post will probably make more sense as far as "guaranteed analysis" and "active elements" was mentione.
It should look something like this:
View attachment 469003

Try using this program instead. It will let you plug in your own fertilizer components (but comes with GH micro / bloom plugged in). That should get your numbers right. You'll have to adjust your last shown formula as it still isn't right. E.G. if 1 gram of calcium nitrate was shown to have 41 ppm of N; how can 2 grams = 116 ppm's

As far as the profile you showed for numbers; ye the Ca and Mg look fine; so if you get the spreadsheet and such you'll be fine there.

For your other questions;
Yes you can put everything but the cal nit together as long as you make a "stock solution". You can then make a solution of the Cal nit separate and have an A&B that way.
For the most, yes 0.1Gm is fine. (be sure to add this in your guaranteed analysis.

Protekt and agsil both will add Silica and Potassium. They have their percentages listed on their site / bottles / bags.

hope this helps

I added potassium nitrate instead of pot sulphate

MGRox

MGRox

Ok I'll dl that sheet, the salt mix is pretty close on ppms now that I adjusted the purity percentages. So if I want to make a stock solution for say 100 gal with say 200 ml of ro as the concentrate, I'd use 2ml of each per gal correct? Or am I'm looking at it the wrong way?

-lurkin

yes 2 ml would be correct, though I'm not sure you could actually make a solution that strong. I know the alternatives to overpriced nutrients thread talks about stock solutions somewhere and I believe max concentrations were listed. I know that JPH has a max solubility of 3 lbs per gallon, but in hot water. So, just make sure it's not too strong and all dissolves.

nice that you got the numbers close with saltmix and lol on the KNO3. I tend to use the calc often and for various chemicals, so the premix is easy there.
you should be all set!

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Looked at the plants in veg, they look bigger lol I'd say it wasn't too much of a deal. There's a few leaves near the bottom that don't look healthy but I'd say its a success with the first fuck up lol

Tomarrow they will get the new mix and we will see how they do. You ever have a problem with mkp dissolving?

MGRox

MGRox

no I don't have troubles with MKP, though I don't use that in a stock solution and I also use (for the typical amounts used per gallon) MOAB instead (so, 2% diff on K)

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

I'm still waiting for my mkp, I have some old stuff that I bought for a Moab/hammer head combo that I'm using. Mabe I'll try to mix them up separately with more water. I'm only mixing enough for 20 gal, the calnit is perfectly clear =)

-lurkin

MGRox

MGRox

not used straight Tria before no. I believe it's in the MOAB I use, but have not used straight powder.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

This is the effect of the first nute feed fuck up...... Ahaha fucking huge leaf!

-lurkin

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Seems I'm getting a little cloudyness, do I put the nitrates in A solulation and everything else in B?

-lurkin

MGRox

MGRox

xD ye I am not sure on MOAB and Tria either. I can find some info both ways, but nothing concrete. If it doesn't, that will make my MKP cheaper xD.

Calcium (or compounds that contain it) would be one solution. All other compounds that do not have calcium would be the second solution.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Ok, I put calnit in sol a and everything else in sol b. This time I added each part of sol b one at a time everything is clear but when I add the trace(most) it gets cloudy. Mabe I'll do the most in a separate sol.

-lurkin

MGRox

MGRox

you may have better luck putting the most in your solution B first as opposed to last. I do apologize there as I should've pointed that out before xD. If you put the most in first, then you shouldn't have the cloudy. It's a good thing to put each dry mix in one at a time (like you mention doing this round) and also give several minutes for each component to go into solution. I use a small aquarium pump for mixing I suppose; that can help here too.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Everything was mixing real clear(I'm using hot to water out of my wife's kerig lol) until the trace haha.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

So I add the trace first(clear green), then Epsom(clear green), the mkp and bam this mess

Last time I added everything but the trace and it was all clear, so it seems there's sumin goin on with the trace and mkp.

So this time I'm just using a A-B-C mix til I figure it out.

-lurkin

MGRox

MGRox

Bah! Must be that your stock solution is too concentrated to hold all those elements. Seems your A-B-C will have to do. I tend to make stocks out of the individual salts then mix them as liquids; you'll still be saving some time by combining though.

MGRox

MGRox

I have a mix that I use for clones when first rooting/ rooted; but when I move them outta my cloner they go to a standard veg feed. I still play around some with the profile for the cloner, but am running 71-28-52-52-12 (n,p,k,ca,mg) atm and I'm fairly happy with it(0.4-0.5 EC). I suppose that's somewhat higher P as it's close to a 2-1-2 ratio.

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

Clones not looking too hot, it did get cold tho =( you think it was just cold?

Top Bottom