The Pollen Chuckers Club! Homemade Crosses only...

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Have you done any Blue dream crosses Crom?
No sir I have never grown it actually. I have had some commercial samples, and just didn't get that excited. Then again I just got done a phase of Sweet Pink Grapefruit x Blueberry(aka Sweet Tooth 1.1) so the blueberry flavor was partially played out for me at the time it [BD] became popular. I do enjoy SSH though. Unless your talking about the Blue Dream by Mystic Seeds, DJ Short's Blueberry x OG Kush. Not sure about the Mystic Seeds version, or if that one was first? I would think that it would have had to be. Who names something after a popular cross and changes the genetic make up? hehe

I am however not opposed to working with BD, just don't have a cut. :)

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I like Blue dream. Its the 1st weed I smoked (18 months ago) after stopping for 11 years...I was on cloud 9...Total Bliss :D
I have always been worried i wouldn't get a legit cut..so I havn't grown it yet,

Really Popular strain in these parts too.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yes sir. Blue Dream is Blueberry x SSH
Cool. Now if I can get my hands on some DJ short Blueberry. (allways wanted to try that) I could cross it with the SSH freebies I got from Pisces,
I'll be set :D

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
Also have those SSH F2s from Jimmy! Love his work! Got his Motorbreath, and Purple Pygmy too. Not to mention he's a good dude ta boot! Maybe I'll pop some BB and SSH F2s and make my own Blue dream, then hit that with my Aliendawg stud. Make me some Alien Blue Dream. I think GoD did that actually, Blue Dream x Alien Kush(alien pheno); called "Avatar". Have to keep your seed for rainy days! You never know what could happen. Blackout w/o a generator and hydro=crop failure if your not home! No moms in hydro either! Too risky to have your moms in the hands of technology lol

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Yep I have my Eye on that Avatar (shh..was trying not to tell to many folks about it....lol):D
I plan to make the drive to LB when those are ready ;)

fractal

fractal

Yeah crom I checked that out, looks like they did it proper! Romulan would be an awesome choice to breed with some other new school lines. I'm all about the idea of combining what's hot now with what is tried and true, like the most popular 90's varieties. I made a sour D x white widow cross that came out 3x as potent as either plant on its own, nose-grabbing unbelievable funk to it. People think the old stuff is bland, maybe in some ways but juice it up with something new the old stuff is still some of the best! Rom, NL#5, widow, skunk #1, peacemaker, g13 type of varieties I mean.

c6j0e3

c6j0e3

yes sir. Blue Dream is Blueberry x SSH

I have heard varying things about this. A while back, I happened to stumble across a strain known as "Santa Cruz Haze". It was extremely unique, and unlike most other "hazes" that I have smoked by far. When I read through "The True Origins of Haze", I noticed this:

"Blue' and 'silver' were of the Spicy Sweet peppery type, and silver was considered strongest- all of them had a deep rich lingering after-taste."

Although that is very nondescript, the "Santa Cruz Haze" was extremely peppery. Not overly spicy though. Somewhere between green and black pepper, with a taste that seemed to linger forever. The potency was ridiculous. One joint would get four or five people higher than crap, and carrying the single most clean high I have experienced to date.

I have heard that Blue Dream, at least the Santa Cruz Cut, is actually Blue Dream x Santa Cruz Haze. After having a handful of different Blue Dream cuts, all from different locations, I have noticed a couple that share the same exact peppery flavor & clear high as the Santa Cruz Haze I sampled. If this is the case, I feel there may be a little more to it.

Blue Dream x Silver Haze may be the proper genetics.

Instead of being the hybrid, Super Silver Haze, I feel it may be one of the originals of the four haze cuts.

Just my two-cents. Sorry to go a bit off-topic on this one.

Skummy

Skummy

Well I took My firsr shot at chucking some pollen and did these Crosses....

Pre 98 Bubba Kush x Chemdawg4xSunsour6
Romulan x Chemdawg4xSunsour6
GodBud x PineSol

I have verified that seeds are growing so I will be able to play with these Crosses a little bit....

Any ideas for names for these?

symbiote420

symbiote420

Sounds good Skummy, especially for your 1st attempt!! Sunsim's genes are the shiznit...str8 up fuego! Good luck with em bro!
here's a couple names for the hell of it:
1) pre98 x Chemdog #4/Ss6 - The Fifth Element
2) Rom x Chemdog #4/Ss6 - Romulus or Ultranova (the Hobus ultranova destroyed Romulus)
3) Godbud x Pinesol - Pine God

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
I have heard varying things about this. A while back, I happened to stumble across a strain known as "Santa Cruz Haze". It was extremely unique, and unlike most other "hazes" that I have smoked by far. When I read through "The True Origins of Haze", I noticed this:

"Blue' and 'silver' were of the Spicy Sweet peppery type, and silver was considered strongest- all of them had a deep rich lingering after-taste."

Although that is very nondescript, the "Santa Cruz Haze" was extremely peppery. Not overly spicy though. Somewhere between green and black pepper, with a taste that seemed to linger forever. The potency was ridiculous. One joint would get four or five people higher than crap, and carrying the single most clean high I have experienced to date.

I have heard that Blue Dream, at least the Santa Cruz Cut, is actually Blue Dream x Santa Cruz Haze. After having a handful of different Blue Dream cuts, all from different locations, I have noticed a couple that share the same exact peppery flavor & clear high as the Santa Cruz Haze I sampled. If this is the case, I feel there may be a little more to it.

Blue Dream x Silver Haze may be the proper genetics.

Instead of being the hybrid, Super Silver Haze, I feel it may be one of the originals of the four haze cuts.

Just my two-cents. Sorry to go a bit off-topic on this one.

Very interesting insight! I haven't spent much energy on Blue Dream to know for certain that it's a SSH cross. I agree that it's a haze used, but as you mentioned who really knows which haze was used. I have seen on some reputable sites that it was BB x SSH, but that is maybe the common perception of the crosses origins? I grew an Afghani x Jack a couple years back and dropped it for being too peppery. Not my favorite flavor and the Jack didn't come through much in the cross. Who found the Original BD pheno? Ask him/her lol till then it's all stoner speculation hehe

crom

crom

Cannobi Genetics
Supporter
This is what one resource says about Blue Dream. I'll include two comments from the site and a resource link for those interested in seeing the original works. The comments also mention SSH as a parent, though the description only makes mention of Haze being the parent plant. Here's the info:
strains-100.jpg

• Classification: Sativa (80%)/Indica (20%)
  • Growing Environment: Indoor recommended/Outdoor is unususally susceptible to spider mites
  • Garden Skills: Intermediate
  • Yield: High anywhere from 600 grams (indoor) to 7 pounds (outdoor)
  • THC Range: 15% - 20%
  • Medical Uses: Pain relief, depression, anxiety, nausea
C**************.com Buzz Rating: Very light and fruity tasting with a pleasant spiciness upon exhale. Smells fruity with a light danky undertone. Very dreamy, euphoric high.
The reason that this strain was the unofficial "flavor of the year" in Northern California points to it's origins. It began in the beach town of Santa Cruz, California as a medical clone. This excellent cross between Blueberry and Haze is a huge favorite in most of the dispensaries in Northern California. Being mostly Sativa, this strain allows productivity and encourages creativity and inspiration. With just a touch of Indica, Blue Dream is great for daytime pain relief. Another reason that it is favored among patients is for the duration of the high, usually lasting between 2 and 3 hours. Great if you are trying the conserve medication as well as money, as this wondrous strain is priced fairly (usually between $45 and $55 at most dispensaries). The buds are usually medium-green colored, with clusters of orange pistils and (when grown well) frosted with a thick layer of sticky tri-chromes.
Even though Blue Dream is mostly sativa, when growing the plant tends to look 100% sativa, contributing to this common misconception. The leaves are extremely long and thin, seeming to stretch on forever. They have the most subtle of a bluish, sometimes purple, tint. When grown outdoors, this strain of cannabis is notoriously susceptible to spider mites and, while it can produce up to 7 pounds when properly grown outdoors, it much prefers an indoor growing environment.
Blue Dream is renowned by cannabis connoisseurs in California for having some of the best flavors. It begins with a light, smooth, floral and fruity inhale, with a undertone of blueberry, and spiciness on exhale. This medication is ideal for the daytime user who wants to enjoy a few hours of dreamlike, yet upbeat serenity."

Comments:

"This and Jack Herrer are my two favorite sativas by faaaar! One of the tastiest most potent strains around indica or sativa! A super pungent hazy aroma that almost reminds me of perfume. The strong taste is just what its parents(Super Silver Haze x DJ Short's Blueberry) would lead you to believe: extremely hazy with fruity undertones. High lasts 2-4 hours and it proves to be an excellent example of a finely executed hybrid by giving a strong body relaxation without the "messed up" feeling."

"It comes from the best strains which are blue berry and super silver haze"

So take it for what it is, not the end all just some info I thought looked interesting. Someone on here has to know the dude in SC that started it. C'mon quit lurkin lol

Source:

Crom

glockdoc

glockdoc

yes you are right im going to make a blue dream. what do u think would be the best way to cross them 3 to get it crom? and santa cruz haze is only a strong phenotype cut of SSH. just like super silver haze is a strong pheno cut of jack herer. someone tried to reproduce them in seed form and genes being genes created those hard hitting strains. oh yea, amnesia haze is also a result of a breeder trying to breed SSH.
lots of strains are created from the NL X Haze X Skunk mix. so i figured since i had double blueberry genetics in its lineage that i should double the NL skunk and haze and knowing there are more varierties of hazes from that mix then white widows or jack herers so it was worth an attempt and i think i would be as close as i could get to somewhat true breedering seeds with little back crossing. theres my idea, no one steal it or ill find you!

thanks for the input and insights guys. and crom i will send u beans of the mix. that is the key thing guys never forget it. spread the seeds..for real. phenotype is 50% genotype/50% environment so me growing all those seeds by myself will only show me a limited amount of phenos. where u get ur seeds from crom?!?

Latest posts

Top Bottom