The Pollen Chuckers Club! Homemade Crosses only...

• Thread starter TheCoolestMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Das beefy nuggs Right there
Yeah, she beefs up really good, a bit more dense than her Blue Dream momma as well so I have to be careful with humidity levels.

Nice shooting of the WAD ! Fuckin nug the fuck out . whew baby ..............
Yeah....the name was purely accidental. I had come up with quite a few variants but I like the way White Alien Dream rolled off the tongue. Then I wrote down the acronym and nearly pissed myself laughing so hard.

I'd like to blaze this. How long are you taking her?
I usually take her 9 weeks. Trichs start clouding a little after 8.

The high is pretty soaring on her, and she leans more on the White Fire on smell and taste. I've only ever grown her as a tree with vertical lighting but I may run some under some hoods here soon.

thunderfudge

thunderfudge

Breeder
Predator pink x BubbaO "pinkman"
Rps20141204 130505 875

H

happy b

Anyone got any tips on selecting a good male to breed with,specifically what to look for while still in veg?are ther any traits i should be looking for outside the obvious?im trying to select a sunshine daydream from 4males and a goji from 5males.should i use the most vigorous plants or will i have to flower them all out before i select?its just i dont have room to flower em all out so i need to narrow it down to a max of two of each.one of each would be better.how do you guys select your males?

Quagmire

Quagmire

Anyone got any tips on selecting a good male to breed with,specifically what to look for while still in veg?are ther any traits i should be looking for outside the obvious?im trying to select a sunshine daydream from 4males and a goji from 5males.should i use the most vigorous plants or will i have to flower them all out before i select?its just i dont have room to flower em all out so i need to narrow it down to a max of two of each.one of each would be better.how do you guys select your males?

I was told this by a friend who is a very good breeder and many of you grow his meds.. Look for early trich production on the SAC's, early strong odor and many other things can be a matter of preference like some like short node spacing while others think larger spacing between nodes allows for bigger bud production down the line.. vigor is a big thing with me. How fat is the stem at sex, how healthy is it, how does he smell when I brush the stem.. how hollow is the stem after I collect pollen and cull him to inspect this... good luck, the journey is the fun part bro.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I was told this by a friend who is a very good breeder and many of you grow his meds.. Look for early trich production on the SAC's, early strong odor and many other things can be a matter of preference like some like short node spacing while others think larger spacing between nodes allows for bigger bud production down the line.. vigor is a big thing with me. How fat is the stem at sex, how healthy is it, how does he smell when I brush the stem.. how hollow is the stem after I collect pollen and cull him to inspect this... good luck, the journey is the fun part bro.

What does a hollow stem indicate for you?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

On male and female both? I see were talking males huh. I just read that.

Is the hollow and solid stem vary in soil verse hydro?

Great question cap. This always great info....I think more and more hemp growers are going to grow mmj and vice versa

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

This indoor right ya....I would beat the shit out of em, fuck up light schedule, swing temps, super feed like a big snake, definitely move those fools around the canapé force them to produce vita b that's so important and get them close to light then move far far from light let them show true colors and look for resiliency, vigor and monosex!

FlyinJStable

FlyinJStable

Had some time this morning as my early class was canceled and I am up on my Chem Homework
I had been watching the home-made club fer a spell anyways
The Passion is as honest as the grows. great Thread great crosses to all.
Happy Holi-Daze from
FlyJ

Paulieplants

Paulieplants

Great job everyone. Damn fire in here! Just starting a project of pollen chucking myself. Might post in future. Keep em coming!!

MtGrownCanna

MtGrownCanna

Lack of pith, hemp strains have solid pith cores as medicinal strains have a bore in the center, a more hollow meristem.

Ive made the relation several times.

What do you mean when you say "medicinal strain"? I've observed indica strains of a certain growth structure( single cola types with very little side branching )having hollow stems. Sativa leaning plants I've grown out usually have solid stems, but I wouldn't call them hemp.. Example- My last harvest was Headband and a bunch of plants the were Headband x Kushdee, Kushdee heavy indica. The Headband had a solid stem but the hybrids all had hollow stems.

diamond2.0

diamond2.0

threw a few Si trainwrecks down i made....... These i put into bud really small because they were really small in comparison to their breatheren . I may revege the smaller one. Took me by surprise. Nice strong skunky smell out the gate. Now skunk and trainy funk .Kinda like hogsbreathe funk . with a side of Pepper. Gotta have a pepper. lol. The other was solid earthy which im not found of. Turined to skunky though. well see. It looks like a decent little yielder maybe. Certainly isnt lanky. lol. I have one that smells like an onion burger. lol. Has the train wirey hairs. Small calyx too. With a red wine smell. The train i used to have didnt make colas though. This train aint that one though. Or i wouldnt be pheno hunting in the first place. Glad though. Diversity and some nice fucking highs i havnt experienced in years like disorientating.! On the med level too . Uplifting muscle relaxers Have to have muscle relaxer effect without putting you out..
here goes...oh it taste nice and kushy this one after doing a recon and testing. Flew over my edible im on and hit the eyes. Not a bad start. I dont think its going to be uplifting this one. I need a udub replacement anyway. lol. The bud food was simple ....Pure blend pro. I never use pk boosters !
Trainwreck si
DSC03868
Trainwreck si
DSC03868

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

What does a hollow stem indicate for you?

Hollow stem means to me that the genetics are more drug cannabis than, commercial hemp / Commercial cellulose genetics, and that particular cultivar would be putting its energy into other things such as essential oil or perhaps bud production maybe.

Quagmire

Quagmire

Love all the input and comments, this is how we all learn about this wonderful gifted plant... I was told by the breeder friend that hollow stems can mean better and more nutrient uptake, moisture and plant health.. here is a comment I found in a magazine article... Hollow stems is a sign of a healthy plant. The hollow stems draw moisture and nutes thru-out the plant from what is called capillary action. When I take clones that is one of the things I look for, hollow stems..
So I kept researching this because I wanted to assure we were all getting correct information and found this by D.J. Short on breeding.. this is also his way of selecting males so it will help with your original question..
By D.J. Short.
I generally employ a simple process of elimination while selecting males. First, any auto-flowering or very early-declared males are eliminated. (Auto-flowering means that male flowers form regardless of light cycle timing.) This is mainly to insure against hermaphroditism or unwanted flowering traits, but also as a means to insure quality. The very early declared males have a tendency to be less desirable in terms of their contributions to the quality of the finished product. (If you are trying to specifically create an early-flowering strain, then your priorities may be different.)

Next, any male plant that grows too tall or too fast is usually eliminated. The reason for this is that most plants which dedicate so much energy to fiber production generally are best for making fiber. The exception to this rule is when an over-productive plant also exhibits a number of the desirable characteristics mentioned later.
The next criteria for elimination is borrowed from Michael Starks' book, Marijuana Potency, and involves stem structure. Large, hollow main stems are sought while pith-filled stems are eliminated. Backed by years of observation, I agree that hollow stems do seem to facilitate THC production.
Hope this helps you find the Male you want for breeding.. and remember, this is all about personal preference.. what YOU want to get out of YOUR plant.. so rock on man.. They've always said that the best strongest strains are hidden in peoples private grow rooms.. like yours buddy.. Good Luck

Canalchemist

Canalchemist

I read Michael Starks book, it was an interesting read, it is a little older but the science is still very relevant, he went on to explain about the fiberous strains being from old Hemp crops gone Feral and pollinating other peoples outdoor Cannabis grows, and how most exotic strains brought to the northern hemisphere will eventually acclimate after a few generations and possibly become undesirable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom