Votes: 13 72.2%
  • Going Up

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Staying the Same

Votes: 3 16.7%

• Total voters
420circuit

420circuit

After seeing a few discussions about where the price of weed is headed, I decided to post some pictures of ads in the popular free local magazine, Westword. I'd say the price is dropping, but decide for yourself. I saw a couple posts mentioning higher prices shown in the shops' online ads and thought that it would help to see what is currently being advertised in print locally. There are shops who say that they will honor other shops' ads, so there is some real competition going on. As far as quality, there is excellent quality available, but not everything everywhere will be "top shelf".

I think the trend is toward lower prices, retail and wholesale, retail, medical, gray market, underground, all starting to drop because the supply is growing. ("Growing", get it?:D)
The price of cannabis in colorado
The price of cannabis in colorado 2
The price of cannabis in colorado 3
The price of cannabis in colorado 4
The price of cannabis in colorado 5
The price of cannabis in colorado 6
The price of cannabis in colorado 7
The price of cannabis in colorado 8
The price of cannabis in colorado 9
The price of cannabis in colorado 10
The price of cannabis in colorado 11
The price of cannabis in colorado 12
The price of cannabis in colorado 13
The price of cannabis in colorado 14

420circuit

420circuit

The buds that I have seen and purchased at Denver area shops were excellent. Why are you "sure" that the quality is poor? The Denver Cannabis Cup comes up in April, come check it out before passing judgement. I am putting these pics up to show what the shops are advertising and I am convinced that the trend is toward lower prices across the board, primarily resulting from an increased supply. Of high quality cannabis. Anyone who has been in a cannabis shop in Colorado recently can confirm that the quality that is being grown is excellent. :D
Maui

420circuit

420circuit

I put this thread up to share the facts about the current situation, not what I wish would happen. The fact is there are a lot more people growing a lot more cannabis than in the past. This higher supply is causing the price to come down and as more people start growing the price will continue to drop. In Colorado anyone 21 and over can grow 6 plants. If you have a red card as a medical patient, you can grow even more plants.

Shamus

Shamus

The buds that I have seen and purchased at Denver area shops were excellent. Why are you "sure" that the quality is poor? The Denver Cannabis Cup comes up in April, come check it out before passing judgement. I am putting these pics up to show what the shops are advertising and I am convinced that the trend is toward lower prices across the board, primarily resulting from an increased supply. Of high quality cannabis. Anyone who has been in a cannabis shop in Colorado recently can confirm that the quality that is being grown is excellent. :DView attachment 488601
I don't see any trichome heads.. Just stalks.. Looks like it was tumbled for keif

420circuit

420circuit

I have met several people who moved to CO to make their fortune in the cannabis biz by growing and selling buds. They were surprised by how cheap the prices have gotten and a couple have moved away because it wasn't working out. Not to mention the fact that they were going about it in an illegal way that could have resulted in them being locked up. My friend from TX told me he was going to ship a bunch back home, because it is worth "$400-500" an ounce there. He changed his mind after reading about how much is being intercepted from shippers and roadside checks. hell, the cop on a recent TV news story described how they sit on the side of the road and smell the cars going by to pick out who to search. My buddy went home empty handed, but he sure smoked up enough while here to last him for a while. :D

420circuit

420circuit

I noticed that growers from other places tend to say weed from somewhere else is swag or poorly grown, this seems to be everywhere. Not to mention the fact that everyone here is an expert master grower and the rest of the world is filled with morons incapable of growing anything even close to the primo bud that they produce. Please try to not become one of these ego-maniacal asshats who deny reality. I seriously do not understand why this is so common.o_O

Shamus

Shamus

I noticed that growers from other places tend to say weed from somewhere else is swag or poorly grown, this seems to be everywhere. Not to mention the fact that everyone here is an expert master grower and the rest of the world is filled with morons incapable of growing anything even close to the primo bud that they produce. Please try to not become one of these ego-maniacal asshats who deny reality. I seriously do not understand why this is so common.o_O

lol
There's tons of good weed in CO..
u just aren't buying it for 50 an oz

ccWTF

ccWTF

Are they making money or are they in a price war to drive each other out of business?
The Ad says $50 for an ounce if you switch caregiver.
Whats next? Free bong? Early Termination Fees? Cell phone company tactics...they have no shame.
Why is Med weed more expensive? Shouldn't it be the other way around?
How much is the tax ? Is the tax the same rate for other medicines?

Last edited:
420circuit

420circuit

The last couple times I bought from shops there was no tax added to the price, what was advertised was the out the door price. I don't know if that is common. Med prices usually are lower. When you sign over it means that the shop can now grow your plants for you, so there is value in being a 'caregiver' for someone, you get to increase the number of plants in your grow. The commercial grow shops are driven to grow high quality buds mainly because they are legally limited in their plant counts and need to get max $ for their work. There always seems to be a tug of war between the grow masters and the shop owners, the owners need buds on the shelves while the growers want to wait until a crop is ripe. But be aware, the weed in CO shops is overall very good, the price is not coming down because of a drop in quality, the price is low because there is so much weed around.

bongobongo

bongobongo

Supporter
The market will weed (PUNNNNN) out the people that don't grow the best possible. That Maui wowi bud is absolutely 100/oz or whatever... Get something that's amazingpants and I feel around 200/oz is about the norm retail.

ccWTF

ccWTF

Well what we have online here at the farm are a lot of people who really know what theyre talking about when it comes to Trichomes, THC, CBDs. Most weed smokers arent that serious and that Maui Wowie looks just fine with most of the trichome shaken off it i bet it tastes great too. The serious grower is probably insulted they did that.

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

420,Thank you for posting this up,its very interesting stuff.Im very glad your happy with dispensary quality weed,there is a market for anything and everything.I think @Texas Kid said it best in a post recently when he stated even if he grows A+++ top shelf by the time it goes through the system getting weighed,handled and finger fucked by everyone quality suffers alot.I much prefer my money goes to a hardworking artisinal grower to support his family/pay his rent rather than some corporate entity that does not care about me as much as it does a profit,I personally say Support your local farmer but thats just my opinion.

420circuit

420circuit

Great perspective Fish, I wish we could do that legally, but the regs here do not let unlicensed growers sell. I grow 99% of my cannabis and am quite happy with the arrangement. As more states legalize we will see more growers, more buds and lower prices, unless demand goes up.

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
They offer these prices to get the crap off the shelves. I see it all the time once the old shit is gone price jacks back up.
They use holidays as a special time for that cheap price like there doing u a favor. Just like when you ask what the best stuff they got and they point you to the product that needs to be gone.

420circuit

420circuit

Let's not take our gardening skills too seriously, cannabis is about the easiest plant to grow and with all the help available online, it is easy to do it well. This summer should produce the largest cannabis crop in history. Bet we see prices a lot lower.

420circuit

420circuit

That may have been what the shop's did in the past, but ask anyone who has been in recently, there is fire in them there dispensaries. When someone invests over a million bucks opening a dispensary they hire people who know how to grow. The trend in quality has been up. The price is not low because of low quality.

Top Bottom