The quality of Purple Bud..

• Thread starter 30roll
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
30roll

30roll

This run is coming to an end.
One Plant is exceptionally Purple compared to the others. All Seeds are from the same hermed Plant from last year.
How will this affect the Cure??
Since the Sugar Leaves are Purple, should I expect better taste and a faster cure from the lack of Chlorophyll ??
Your thoughts??

The quality of purple bud

Backyard_Boogie

Backyard_Boogie

Purple is completely indifferent when it comes to flavor and smell. Other than the look shouldn't be much difference at all in the finished product. Some people are purple crazy they will but anything purple but for me I like the lime green flowers best. The best herb I ever smoked was either lime green sativa vibe or a dark forrest green OG vibe.

Ponky

Ponky

All comments above are correct . @Ponky I agree I never liked the purple strains I purchased except this one time it was fantastic.
I smoked a Bubba with some purple flecks in it. Which was pretty good. Purple kush is strong. Even though I find it gross. Same with OG kush. Tastes like a crayon. But very strong. Others taste something else.

steamroller

steamroller

Many of my plants turn purple .It is in the genetics and sometimes treatment .
You should be getting strong indications of what it will smell/taste like .
I dry/cure like normal .
Right now a bright/lime green budding plant is catching my fancy the most ??

Mostlymooses

Mostlymooses

Color really doesn't change cure time or flavor over regular(green) leaves. Depending on the genetics you might expect it certain flavors but that's not really dependant on leaf/bud color. Maybe I am wrong though!

You can make purple strains go more purple by letting them go longer. Also temperature, outdoor in cold climates has a tendency to go purple.

Ponky

Ponky

Color really doesn't change cure time or flavor over regular(green) leaves. Depending on the genetics you might expect it certain flavors but that's not really dependant on leaf/bud color. Maybe I am wrong though!

You can make purple strains go more purple by letting them go longer. Also temperature, outdoor in cold climates has a tendency to go purple.
Yeah I see pictures of purple weed and it looks good. I just never seem to get any. My theory it's regional distribution is just limited.

BurnzYzBudZz

BurnzYzBudZz

HOWCan.i.helPYOU?
Supporter
Mmmmmmmmmm 🤤 ain’t nothing better than some purple ⛽️.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

Depends on the strain... Here is some "cheeze whiz" from the dispo. As you can see there is a good bit of purple. It is not a fruity purple in the least. Loaded with chlorophil harshness. Damn near unsmokeable.

Forbidden Fruit on the other hand is the new bar to compare other purples with. It is the definition of what purple weed should really taste like. If you think you dont like purple weed go hunt down some forbidden fruit just to be sure.

20220410 0008531
H

hawkman

great grow - FYI __ if you want to increase your "purple" consider Purpinator in the last few weeks !!

Chem77

Chem77

Depends on the strain... Here is some "cheeze whiz" from the dispo. As you can see there is a good bit of purple. It is not a fruity purple in the least. Loaded with chlorophil harshness. Damn near unsmokeable.

Forbidden Fruit on the other hand is the new bar to compare other purples with. It is the definition of what purple weed should really taste like. If you think you dont like purple weed go hunt down some forbidden fruit just to be sure.
Any suggestions where to get forbidden fruit from?

30roll

30roll

How long in flower ?
Mine look just like yours now at 8 weeks .
I still have white pistil growth , I see some on yours also .
8 weeks. That pic isn't the greatest.
Most of the pistils are red. There's ambers on the Sugar Leaves already. I want this one to be light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom