The Resistance Sun Glasses for growrooms...

• Thread starter ismokepot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HeLLMuTT

HeLLMuTT

Thinks of Stinks
Supporter
then here you got your steampunk style but super blue collar and reliable!
http://www.amazon.com/Anchor-AB-G95-5-SEPTLS101ABG955-Welders-Goggles/dp/B002390YUC
31iDpRMzYVL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Those are all me right there. Will protect just the same if they are proper welder goggles.

And they are very inexpensive... and stylish IMO. :)

Tank333

Tank333

I would prefer those, but I wear glasses, so they wouldn't work for me. I'd see the right colors, but ALL blurry... lol

I

ismokepot

Well, I scoured the glasses and all I see on them is:

1. Made in Italy

2. "Method Seven" / The Resistance

I'm sure there are numerous options out there to use. I will add again these appear to be very high quality and sylish enough to use everyday when outside. They use glass lenses and the hinges are the heaviest-duty I've ever seen on a pair of glasses. The plastic is also heavy duty and after all that, they aren't particularly heavy. There is even a slice of rubber where the glasses sit on your ears for comfort.

I may have paid too much and then again maybe not- these appears to be "The Mercedes" of grow room glasses and I'm happy with them and feel I got my money's worth because of the quality.

Did I mention they also have a "repair" policy if you break or damage them. They'll send you a new pair for a fee if you return the broken ones. I guess you pay more for that luxury too.

GreenSpoon

GreenSpoon

dude you guys are too funny, you think 65$ or 200$ is what you need to block out harmful rays from your bulbs .. . . the ten dollars glass's i put up do just that project your eyes from damage while welding, and the types of light emited while wleding are alot more intense then a 1k bulb . . . .. . dont waste your money on BS

ten bucks shade 5 is all you need

K

kolah

old fashioned welders goggles. cheap.

unless you want to spend $200-1000 on trendy Gucci's or some pinheads silly "invention".

I

ismokepot

Well, it's time for a final review. I had these glasses for almost a week now. I wear them when I'm in the room and I've grown accustomed to wearing them. Below is a pic without the glasses and a pic thru the glasses- the difference is rather obvious:

IMGP0764
IMGP0765
H

honda power 420

i bought a new pair of oakley 5 squared a few months back there the non polarized ones but they work amazing i dont even realize im working under a 1000 watt light only 90 bucks and i can wear them anywhere and not look like vin diesel from pitch black lol

I

ismokepot

So, a few last things. They are very well made, no question about that. They work exactly as claimed by the manufacturer. It filters out the yellow from the HP lighting and basically (1) they save your eyes by filtering out all the harmful rays produced by the HP lights, more so than probably any other glasses currently available and (2) they eliminate the yellow tinge produced by HP lighting enabling you to see the plants in their natural coloring and spotting leaf issues and other problems earlier than normal. They also look great on and I plan on wearing them as my normal sunglasses outdoors too.

These are not cheap and if you want low price, buy some of the previous mentioned "industrial" glasses and try them out. I can't say if those work or not for our purposes. I do know most of those look like crap, are cheaply made, don't come with a money back guarantee, etc., etc. Each person has to make their own decisions and decide if it's worth it- for me it was easy.

justiceman

justiceman

Those glasses interest me indeed and I think I will buy them very soon. I think the Method 7 glasses and the other lamp working/welder glasses are different. Here's my take.

Overview:

Method 7 glasses
*German lenses with "rendition technology"
*Italian frames
*Case
*Cleaning cloth
*Filters UVA, UVB, UVC and Infrared wavelengths
*Corrects color perception

Lamp working/Welder glasses
*Lenses with either special glass or an outer film applied to glass
*Most likely made in china frames
*Filters UV
*Reduces sodium flare
*Some block Infrared wavelengths

So Method 7 glasses are of the highest quality components(Italian frames, German glass etc). Lamp working/welder glasses vary in quality depending on where the parts are sourced from.

Key differences:

Method seven protects against UVA, UVB, UVC and Infrared wavelengths and they corrects color perception

Lamp working/welder glasses protects against UVA, UVB, UVC and sometimes Infrared wavelengths. They reduce sodium flare witch makes it seem like the flame is "smaller" on a torch making it easier to work but they do not change the color of what you see.

Conclusion:

If you want to protect yourself from UVA, UVB, UVC and IR($35 extra most likely) then get Lamp working/welder glasses($65-100)

If you want to protect yourself from UVA, UVB, UVC, IR AND you want to correct your color perception under the HPS light for added perception in determining plant health and identifying deficiencies and/or problems then get Method 7 glasses($200)

I feel like being able to identify a deficiency before it gets too late could easily save you the $200 you spent on the glasses. Just my 2 cents. I'll be ordering them in the coming future to give it a shot.

By the way thanks for posting about the glasses ismokepot. I was eager to check out someones honest opinion that actually has them. Those pictures you posted are incredible!

9inchbigbud

Those glasses interest me indeed and I think I will buy them very soon. I think the Method 7 glasses and the other lamp working/welder glasses are different. Here's my take.

Overview:

Method 7 glasses
*German lenses with "rendition technology"
*Italian frames
*Case
*Cleaning cloth
*Filters UVA, UVB, UVC and Infrared wavelengths
*Corrects color perception

Lamp working/Welder glasses
*Lenses with either special glass or an outer film applied to glass
*Most likely made in china frames
*Filters UV
*Reduces sodium flare
*Some block Infrared wavelengths

So Method 7 glasses are of the highest quality components(Italian frames, German glass etc). Lamp working/welder glasses vary in quality depending on where the parts are sourced from.

Key differences:

Method seven protects against UVA, UVB, UVC and Infrared wavelengths and they corrects color perception

Lamp working/welder glasses protects against UVA, UVB, UVC and sometimes Infrared wavelengths. They reduce sodium flare witch makes it seem like the flame is "smaller" on a torch making it easier to work but they do not change the color of what you see.

Conclusion:

If you want to protect yourself from UVA, UVB, UVC and IR($35 extra most likely) then get Lamp working/welder glasses($65-100)

If you want to protect yourself from UVA, UVB, UVC, IR AND you want to correct your color perception under the HPS light for added perception in determining plant health and identifying deficiencies and/or problems then get Method 7 glasses($200)

I feel like being able to identify a deficiency before it gets too late could easily save you the $200 you spent on the glasses. Just my 2 cents. I'll be ordering them in the coming future to give it a shot.

By the way thanks for posting about the glasses ismokepot. I was eager to check out someones honest opinion that actually has them. Those pictures you posted are incredible!
the glass blowing ones do everything these do

Didymium (Greek: twin element) is a mixture of the elements praseodymium and neodymium. Ever since the invention by Sir William Crookes, it is used in safety glasses forglassblowing and blacksmithing, especially when a gas (propane) powered forge is used, where it provides a filter which selectively blocks the yellowish light at 589 nm emitted by the hotsodium in the glass, without having a detrimental effect on general vision, unlike dark welder's glasses. Blocked also is the strong ultraviolet light emitted by the superheated forge gases and insulation lining the forge walls thereby saving the crafters' eyes from serious cumulative damage. (See also arc eye, also known as welder's flash or photokeratitis.)
Didymium photographic filters are often used to enhance fall scenery by making leaves appear more vibrant. It does this by removing part of the orange region of the color spectrum; it's an optical band-stop filter. Unfiltered, this group of colors tends to make certain elements of a picture appear "muddy". The "Sodium Vapor Process" used in motion picture matte work included a didymium filtering prism in the camera.
Didymium is also used in calibration materials.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Didymium

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

nice info brotha.

ddid a search for Didymium on amazon and turned up with a bunch of glasses with the same blue lenses.

9inchbigbud

pass the word round so that method 7 learn the grower are on to them and stop ripping us off! i see a drop from $200 to around $100 soon.

KennyPowers

KennyPowers

one thing to note is some say that a UV coating is suggested whereas some say they have good UV protection. the ones at the wale lampworking site posted earlier say they "offer superior UV protection", so those might be the way to go over the amazon ones.

there are also some sites that offer a didymium and shade 3(or 5) combination, but the last welding glasses i had made things too dark. thats one reason i was looking into the method 7s in the first place.

nangonug

nangonug

Premium Member
Supporter
Those are all me right there. Will protect just the same if they are proper welder goggles.

And they are very inexpensive... and stylish IMO. :)
Also keep you from poking out your eyes from the stakes your bound to run into having your proriferal vision blocked like that.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Any sunglasses in the growroom are better than no sunglasses at all. Keep in mind that anything they tell you about damaging wavelengths in HID lighting is also true in LED, and often worse- the eye dilates more in an LED lit room due to the narrow spectra these emit.

G

Greenery

Methodseven are the best glasses ever for flowering rooms. They should charge 300 a pair. I'd still buy them. I won't go into my room without them. I wish they came out a long time ago...

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Does anyone know if the method 7s are just Phillips ACE lenses? If so they're really not that much pricier than the others available, maybe some hydro-tax compared to glasswork market but those are expensive too (moreso than the didymiums and cheap shade-green ones).

Top Bottom