The Resistance Sun Glasses for growrooms...

• Thread starter ismokepot
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aerojoe

Aerojoe

Please stop trying to misinform others, we appreciate the review but stop the shilling. I never want to buy anything from shady shades dealers that have to lie to sell there products at taxed prices. Or fear mongering people about other glasses not protecting them. I've used welders glasses before and they do everything you say that "The Ripoff" errr "The Resistance" does including color correct things, I think the wales ones look like the ones I have used for glass blowing, they look very natural. Only thing is if you get the wrong welders glasses, everything will look very dark.
Edit: I'm talking to who ever is misinforming/shilling, not pointing any fingers.

dankworth

dankworth

Methodseven are the best glasses ever for flowering rooms. They should charge 300 a pair. I'd still buy them. I won't go into my room without them. I wish they came out a long time ago...
Don't worry, we won't go in your room without them either.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
The taking care of your eyes is very understandable, but Method 7 glasses help you identify deficiency??
So they must make the gardener smarter and give them a whole new world!! Never had a problem looking at leaves and seeing any pest problems or any marks or anything for that matter, regular sunglasses help, a hat helps too but really when I'm in the room working I don't want glasses on, I just flip on a cheap flouro and I can see the plants the way there are supposed to be seen...
I won't knock anyone that spends 200$ on these glasses but do it in the name of safety as these aren't gonna make you a better gardener...lol
Fukn sales tactics...

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
FWIW I'm having my best run ever since buying the glasses. ;)

outwest

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
I was gonna say "it's gotta be the shoes" but if you think it's the shades...;)

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
I don't know, it must have beeeeeeen the roses. . . . .All I know I could not lend a hand. . .

- Jerry Garcia

outwest

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Why are 'guest' accounts even allowed? Are they considered members for the privacy setting options?

Anyway, not sure why anyone's so bent out of shape, doesn't seem like the claims are that outrageous. I found the ACE models online for $130-180, and with the typical hydro shop scam-discount the m7s are only $140-160. I asked about ACE because I actually bothered to do some background research and they seem to have the advanced feature of better color correction than didymium (which yes I have worn, along with other lampwork glasses).

Baba, to answer your question I've definitely missed some stuff lately trying to wear the shade 5s I have now, like mites, and yes it's embarrassing. They just help you see a lot better, regardless of the protection level. And with regular (high quality and very dark btw) sunglasses I was getting welders' flash and serious eyestrain which lasted way too long afterward for my taste (like most days it never wore off before I was in the garden again.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
They make your vision under HIDs, especially color and detail, much more accurate. They also protect my eyes.

outwest

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

Just curious, would you guys criticize someone who refused to run vertical bare bulbs simply for eye comfort and to save their vision, or is that choice reasonable for an expert gardener?

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

Bitches be all over me when i wear my method sevens,their like dude must have a fat wallet to be sportin those,also they make my manhood look 50% bigger...

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Hey El Cerebro,

Different strokes for diff folks, if the glasses help by all means use em! I've never had a problem catching any visual markers in the garden, but I turn off the Hps and use flouro when I'm working in the room...it's cheap and easy, I just don't like the feeling of glasses and I like my peripheral vision to not be hindered which I feel glasses do. I did try these Method 7 on at a grow store and it makes a big diff when looking through Hps light but I don't spend much time under HPS light:)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Just curious, would you guys criticize someone who refused to run vertical bare bulbs simply for eye comfort and to save their vision, or is that choice reasonable for an expert gardener?
I would imagine you could run vertical bare bulbs and just turn them off when you are in the room...

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

I would imagine you could run vertical bare bulbs and just turn them off when you are in the room...
I used to, but spend so much time in there working now, and don't want to leave my girls in the shade for that long. But in the future when I'm more dialed again, I'll surely do that and use the glasses sometimes too.

G

Greenery

I turn off my verticle bare bulbs but keep my horizontal hps on when I'm working in the room. M7s on of course. For those who work under hps with no protection, it's all fun and games until you can't go outside on a sunny day without serious squinting.

Partytime

Partytime

I was talked into buying a pair of M7's by the sales rep on vendor day and I'm actually pretty stoked on them. I actually don't go into my room without them now. My biggest setback to them was the price. They seem pretty high quality so far, they got glass lenses and haven't broke or done anything that makes me say "what the fuck!?". They don't make you a better gardener or cause any bumper crops. They do however relax the muscles allowing you to focus a whole lot easier. Now i am able to see any molds or pests when they very first show up allowing me to handle the problem when it first arises and take the actions to stomp it out. As opposed to before at the first sign of the enemy fighting a slow uphill battle hoping you can pull in time to salvage the expensive mess. They have UV-A,B, most important, C filters. The earths ozone filters out most of the UV-C rays before they reach the earths surface so most sunglass companies don't even bother with a filter for it. Grow lights put out a ton of UV-C rays which are extremely damaging to retinas. Wearing regular sunglasses will make you worse off in the fact that they relax your eyes by filtering the A and B rays and in turn letting in more C rays which we are not used to. Another thing is that the bulbs create a strobe effect that you can't pick up with the naked eye. This is because the bulb creates light by a series of arks as opposed to the constant one that we see. This also causes a ton of stress on the eye. They say a way to tell the damage is by when you look at a spinning wheel on a car and when it starts to appear as if its rolling the opposite way. Its pretty hard to shill out another $150 after spending hundreds of dollars on a couple bags of other companies marketing schemes at the grow store, but in the long run you can really put a price on your vision. So in the end after spending a bunch of money on shades I can only use in the grow room I gotta say its worth it. If you got the scrill go get a pair, if not M7's then something else with adequate protection. I love the shit out of weed but it isn't worth losing my vision over.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

This also causes a ton of stress on the eye. They say a way to tell the damage is by when you look at a spinning wheel on a car and when it starts to appear as if its rolling the opposite way.

really now?

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I wear a pair of Method 7's everyday for 6 to 8 hours a day..an absolute must if your in the lights as much as I am...oddly enough it does help you identify defeciencies alot better because of the color correction qualities and you can see what is actually goin on when lights on, welding goggles are not the same animal at all..the last couple years my eyes have been goin to shit but I spend alot of time in the midnight sun..cheaper than my Raybans so its a double bonus

Top Bottom