The Shyre upgrade to ver 1.5

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Milson

Milson

Milsonian
Supporter
Oh no! Have you turned the lights down? Just wondering if that would let the plants have a day or two to recover from dehydration.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Oh no! Have you turned the lights down? Just wondering if that would let the plants have a day or two to recover from dehydration.

Probalby not a bad idea but that train has already left :) I did a quick test on the worst plant in the back last night from a cutting I took the day after it happened and we are only at 10% THC (the DJ ShortFloxChemdawg). The PCK to the front tested at 17%. Not great but we will see what happens. The mother on those PCK clones tested at 20% when fully finished.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Right at 60 days. The mother plant was done almost right at 60 as well. This Pakistani Chitral Kush finishes very quick, and the prelim on this from 3 weeks ago was about 18%.

PCK 205 Trichs

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

I did a quick test on the worst plant in the back last night from a cutting I took the day after it happened and we are only at 10% THC (the DJ ShortFloxChemdawg). The PCK to the front tested at 17%. Not great but we will see what happens. The mother on those PCK clones tested at 20% when fully finished.

How are you doing your testing? TLC?

I'm eager to learn more about the UV lamp you are using that you mentioned in the UVB thread. Is there another thread where you discuss it?

Pondracer

Pondracer

Not really. I haven't done much with it or tried to measure its impact. It runs from the 3rd hour to the 9th hour in the flower cycle. One reason I haven't yet is this setup is not stable enough to really have a baseline. This is my second grow and the first two were experimental (including the one here). I am hoping the third try is a stable run. I picked 4 of the same strain to try, I have the automated watering dialed in, I understand different signs of when its going right and when its going wrong. For me the UV was to add more potency, but like I said I can't do much for testing if thats what it helps with. I do believe it knocks down the gnats to almost nothing. You know how they start and then within a few days its everywhere? Twice now I've kicked that thing on mid-cloud and they drop. Does make me careful about sticking my head in when its on.

Pondracer

Pondracer

I think so. I haven't tested dispensary product which will be a good benchmark. Since flu I haven't been out (I have health issues) but when I can I will get something thats supposedly lab measured to see what I get.

But - I measure a lot. Here is a different thread that goes into how I measured my first grow. I get back to back consistency between measurements on a single batch, and I get consistency on a per plant basis over time. So a 18% one week is an 18% another week. Now there is some variation as you can see in that other thread. But for my purpose, which is to get a baseline for edible creation, it lets me be consistent.

Pondracer

Pondracer

4 days longer then when I harvested the mother plant that was growing in dirt. Not as much pink this time which is a bit disappointing. We will see, I am going to use the scope to check trichs tomorrow.

PCK 216 Bud

InterMeasure

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

If you ever want to check your potency results against TLC (Thin Layer Chromatography) hit me up, it would be fun to compare.

Pondracer

Pondracer

If you ever want to check your potency results against TLC (Thin Layer Chromatography) hit me up, it would be fun to compare.

Nice. I may hit you up on that at some point. Right now I am waiting to hit the dispensary in May and buy something to test.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Moving onto the third run. I want this to be a real production type grow, in other words no screw ups. I started with 5 and tossed one. These are Gorilla Glue #4 x Bubblegum. The two smaller ones are about 10 days younger than the bigger ones. I split the days for the total. Precision be damned.

Day 70, late veg, 3 times feeding per day. Moving to the flower tent once I get some netting setup.

GG4 Day70

Pondracer

Pondracer

I dont like to double post info but I did put this in my DIY table thread too. I would not want someone to use that design for something and not understand the flashing upgrade is a must. I tore down the tables to install the flashing and the floor was a lot worse than I thought. Really messy. I cleaned everything with Pinesol and then installed the flashing on both tables.

Dirtyfloor
FlashingUpgrade2

Pondracer

Pondracer

Second modification was to add a net trellis system because I truly hate stakes. I am not big on fabric pots either though with a good trellis the stability problem may be eliminated. This pic shows the stanchions I added

Tableupgrade
Pondracer

Pondracer

And then one more pic showing the trellis net in place on the PVC pipe frame. I pull the plastic dishwasher trays and scrub them with Pinesol too, but there is some staining thats permanent. Not a big deal.

Trellis1
Pondracer

Pondracer

And finally, a picture of the current crop right after I placed the net. No clue if this is how to do this or if it will work right I pulled everything flat to force the plants to spread out. The two smaller ones are on the taller table.

GG4 Day93

Pondracer

Pondracer

I am really getting the kinks out of my edible recipes. These are all sugar-free and made with the Purple Urkle from the first run. For me, these things are the key to a good nights sleep.

CoconutPeanutButterCookies
DoubleChocolateChip
RumChocSables

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

Second modification was to add a net trellis system because I truly hate stakes. I am not big on fabric pots either though with a good trellis the stability problem may be eliminated. This pic shows the stanchions I added
very tidy. love it.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Day #1 of flip. This strain is much more sensitive to intense LED lighting. I didn't believe you could stress a plant with too much light prior to this. I had the PCK grow right up between the light bars and never miss a beat. Same for the grow prior to that. But these required me to dial it back to 90% after I got some fading and cupping..

GG4 Day98a
GG4 Day98b

Pondracer

Pondracer

The issue in the previous grow (March 13th) was caused by installing the micro screen filter in the Rainbird head. In some odd twist I installed it on 2 out of the 3 heads, and the one without it never failed. They are all removed now.

Cloggedmicroscreen

Top Bottom