The Shyre upgrade to ver 1.5

• Thread starter Pondracer
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Pondracer

Pondracer

The stretch on this Gorilla Glue #4 is potentially going to be a problem. I should have researched it before I planted. I didn't realize it was a sativa heavy strain. One shot from 4 days ago, and one shot from today.

GG4 Day106a
GG4 Day110

GG4 Day106b
Pondracer

Pondracer

VPD chart for the last week. Kicked the AC on for the first time a couple of days ago. I've recently adjusted to allow a higher humidity (71%) before kicking the exhaust fan on.

VPD 05272021

Pondracer

Pondracer

There has been some discussion lately on the forum about setting and maintaining temp and humidity limits. Following is a solid 1 week of data showing the variation in my flower area.

IMG 8333
IMG 8334

Pondracer

Pondracer

Cranked open the tent today for the first time in 2 weeks almost. I check it every day by opening the corner and peeking in, but as long as everything is stable it runs by itself. I have the fertigation schedule dialed in and it looks like I will get close to 18 days from a single tank (65 gallon / 246 liters)

GG4 Day118 fullview

Pondracer

Pondracer

Because some of the plant has reached up to within 2 inches (5 cm) I have been curious about light stress. The problem I have at the moment is my tank PH is also swinging and I only discovered how badly a week ago. Mid cycle, 7 days after filling the tank, my PH had climbed to 6.48. This is definetly enough to cause problems, making it difficult to know if leaf discoloration is the result of the lighting or poor PH control.

GG4 Day118 tops
GG4 Day118 leaves

Pondracer

Pondracer

One last thing, I am currently running the single UV-B light 2 hours per cycle. 1 hour in the beginning and 1 hour at the end. That will get bumped to 4 hours at 28 days.

Pondracer

Pondracer

Here are a couple of pics from today. Getting some ph issues in the tank because its lasting almost 20 days at the current setting and there is a lot of drift upwards. Plants have really bulked up over the last week or so and the trellis is a huge, huge improvement in stabilizing the plants.

GG4 Day136 fullview
GG4 Day136 bud2
GG4 Day136 bud1

Pondracer

Pondracer

Took a hit. My basement flooded for the first time in years, Had maybe an inch of water where the tent is.

Pondracer

Pondracer

After getting the water and debris out of the basement I had more failures. A Trolmaster controller for the dehumidifier stopped working and that caused my humidity to spike to 77% overnight. Lights were down for about 24 hours, and the pump stopped working on the reservoir. I used that period to flush the media and have everything up and running again. Here are some pics of the current state. The buds became too heavy on the largest plant and it slumped over.

GG4 Day145 fullview
GG4 Day145 bud1
GG4 Day145 bud2

Pondracer

Pondracer

Took a stem at 28 days, let it dry and to the THC measurement.

IMG 8400

Pondracer

Pondracer

Cutting was taken at 52 days and dried for 9 days. This will be the first time I have broken the 20% barrier since the Psycho plant last year. Be nice to see if I can get it up over 25% at final harvest.

IMG 8419
Pondracer

Pondracer

It has been nice and cool here for the last 24+ hours and I have not had the air conditioning running in the house. Thats caused the overall humidity to jump but I've opened up the tent for now to compensate. I would guess I will be harvesting within the next 5-7 days.

IMG 8427
Pondracer

Pondracer

59 days from flip and looking for clues on when to harvest. Here are a couple of bud shots from 3 of the 4 plants.
GG4 Day156 bud1
GG4 Day156 3Buds

Pondracer

Pondracer

I am surprised at the amount of gold trichs already showing at less than 60 days. It looks like I will be cutting very soon. This will be the last harvest for a while. I have no plants started and plan on taking time away from this until winter.

GG4 Day156 trichs2
GG4 Day156 trichs

Pondracer

Pondracer

I need some higher magnification pics. I am going to see what I get tomorrow. For now here are 4 from one bud today.

GG4 Day160 trichs4
GG4 Day160 trichs3
GG4 Day160 trichs2
GG4 Day160 trichs1

Pondracer

Pondracer

Harvest is complete. I threw away so much good bud, but I just haven't got the room or the need for it. I am doing the drying process inside the tent for the first time, with humidity dialed in at 65% and 75F temp. Before I place it in the curing containers I will weigh for yield and measure for THC.

GG4 Day163 Bud1
GG4 Day163 Bud2

Top Bottom