the "Silver" in "Super Silver Haze"

• Thread starter Green Rabbit
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Green Rabbit

Green Rabbit

An interesting theory recently emerged about the origins of the "Silver" in the "Silver Haze" strains.... back when the Haze strains were being created, one of the crops developed a bad investation of powdery white mildew. one breeder came up with an experimental idea of using colodial silver spray to remedy this problem....and it worked! Hence the strain "Silver Haze" was born.... :giggle

hubcap

hubcap

or maybe the trichomes were so plentiful the buds looked silver in appearance...?
and the smoke was SUPER!

haha

interesting thought, GR

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Not only do they look silver,

SSH and hybrids will leave your fingers coated in silver resin, so much so it looks like you have had your fingers in silver powder for making paints.

My old medman cut used to do this also. Used to think it was the silver coming off the rizla packs, then we got wise. LOL

B

British_Hempire

Nope, total stoner hogwash theory.

Silver Haze was bred by Neville while at Sensi Seeds in the early 90s, not sure what the makeup is.

Super Silver Haze was bred by Neville and Shantibaba after Neville left Sensi and became involved with GHS. They grew over 1000 NL5 x Haze A plants and each selected their favourite female, Nev's pic became the mother of Super Silver Haze and Shanti's became the mother of Mango Haze.

I'm sure Neville called it Super Silver Haze to gain sales over the old Silver Haze.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
Man I love a good bit of Silver haze. Used to get some great packet back in the day, one would be a baby sick smelling NL and the other the Silver Haze. Great stuff. Wonder what ever happened to that cut, dont see that no more.

C

Core

i remember it to be a very good smoke...i smoked silver haze...alot....i woz't growing at the time so i went to shops in holland....in that time it woz one of the strongest strains around....together with the white widow (not as potent thought) also i those days.....as like herb is saying... i did't hear anything of it for along long time ..untill this thread....

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
So who else is thinking of delving into their seed vaults to looks for old packs of SH. I am sure I have some.......

B

British_Hempire

I didn't like the Silver Haze half as much as the original NL5 x Haze, thought it lacked the mind warping quality of the Haze pheno of NL5Haze but it yielded bigger.

H

hazyfontazy

Man I love a good bit of Silver haze. Used to get some great packet back in the day, one would be a baby sick smelling NL and the other the Silver Haze. Great stuff. Wonder what ever happened to that cut, dont see that no more.

creamers in the hague used to have a silver haze to die for back in the early 90's ,they had a great nl too,b52 ,sputnik hash too,,
when i go holland next i'm planning on a day trip to the hague ,i'll go creamers and see if they still got it and see if i can score a clone:banana:fingers crossed.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
YOur right the winning pheno from NL5Haze is some really potent herb. Not much surpassed that, maybe some landies and nevs, ime.

B

British_Hempire

The only thing I've found that was more psychedelic and trippy than the old NL5Haze was Zamal x Neville's Haze.

Anyone know the makeup of Silver Haze BTW? I wonder if Neville crossed NL5Haze to Skunk to make Silver Haze?

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
All as I know is its Skunk, NL HAze. But what the exact parantage is I do not know. I am thinking its an earlier working of the SSH. Perhaps before more NL haze was injected. Always seamed more Skunky the sh I tried.

B

British_Hempire

not sure but would super silver haze be silver haze x superskunk ?

No, SSH is NL5 x Haze A female crossed to a Haze x Skunk male.

SSH = NL5Haze x HazeSkunk

Mango Haze is the same lineage, just a different NL5Haze female.

In 96-97 Shanti and Nev grew out over 1000 NL5 x Haze A plants and each selected their keeper, Nev's became the mother of SSH, Shanti's became the mother of Mango Haze.

I think Silver Haze could be NL5Haze x Skunk, which would make it less Hazy than SSH but still composed of the same base genetics.

hubcap

hubcap

ssh seeds dont sit very long 'round these parts...
might have some tho. ill look/ask around.
if so, im game herbalizor...

Green Rabbit

Green Rabbit

Hey BH, thanks for humoring me bro, twas hogwash... just havin a little loungin fun with words and names.... have fun and much respect,

M

mr. haze420

the mother of the mango haze is a nl5haze that nev called the 122. i had it along with the original A5. C1 and C5 in my room 1999-2001. all were very potent, even after all those years fo being around. ssh is a nl5haze x skunk haze. originally it was the jack herer but was not stable enough and was redone in 1995 after nev left sensi. i have a pix of the chalk board from the cannabis castle that nev used to write his crossing experimnets on. it shows the what he was up to at the time.

O

ojd

i miss the old days when greenhouse were really leaving everyone behind

we want the oldschool hazes back
or i do
the ssh haze that would get all my money,what a taste hooked me for life and the buzz very strong more sativa leaning(very similar to my sssdhaze pheno) back then 97-99 maybe even until 2000 i cant remeber
the nevils haze that would leave me spinning and my mates freaked out
all the greenhouse strains were so good back then(not now far from it)
i want all these original clones a5 c1 c2 any oldschool haze from back in the day not these new lame ass hazes
mr haze can you get any of these still
if you can hook a brother up il bring you the finished product:rasta:

H

hygrade

i got a cut of sensi's silver haze a couple months ago,i'm just now flowering it(6 weeks now) and it hasn't gone that well for me but that was my fault.right before i flowered it i grew out an o.haze x skunk 1 from sam.this silver haze grows quicker and definitely have a more indica influence to them but is still very sat dominant,tall spindly stalks.buds are not that thick and i still had to support them from bending over.i've found it listed by sensi as o.haze x nl5.the cut i have smells exactly like the o.haze x skunk 1 i grew also. i'll try to get some pics up in a little while

Latest posts

Top Bottom