The stink could kill them all.

• Thread starter Dunge
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dunge

Dunge

Two fine bushy girls are targeting my wife with their aromatics.
It is a basement corner grow. Very simple, 500W peak power use.
I'm hoping that I'll be able to buy a carbon filter that will help, but I would rather not tent off the grow area.
What to do?
This is the first time I have considered having to run stealth. How do you closet growers do it?
I will be doing some reading. And probably shopping.

S

SSHZ

Without spending money there's probably not much you can do.......... and it will keep getting worse- so I'd just get rid of the wife!

I've been having this same issue with my wife for 20 years......... but the smell of green($) is often stronger than the smell of "Green".........

R

raphen_ilweed

Ona gel or Ona blocks will help you in your situation.
iit is an odor absorber

ronvmpc

ronvmpc

Your gonna have to tent off with a carbon filter. I'm betting you can get away with a 4" 150 cfm inline.
To me smell is top of my list. As far as tenting off, a little pvc and panda film will go a long ways.
Sorry if this isn't the answer you wanted.

Edit: Who am i kidding. There's tons of methods to controlling odor. I guess the one i suggested is what worked for me.

T

theguapo

i grow in the closet in my office and I use those glade plug-ins to help with the scent control. my closet is ducted into the attic so when the lights are on the fans are exhausting but when the lights are off the scent gets a little more pronounced. that's when the plug-ins help!

altitudefarmer

altitudefarmer

I have the perfect solution...

...to your problem:

clothespin99.jpg

be sure to consider the neighbors for Christmas, also. It's a thoughtful, inexpensive gift that keeps on giving.

B

Bobby Smith

...to your problem:

clothespin99.jpg

be sure to consider the neighbors for Christmas, also. It's a thoughtful, inexpensive gift that keeps on giving.

This literally made me laugh out loud............good stuff, thanks for the early morning chuckle.

H

haole

Even if you don't tent it, a recirculating carbon in the basement would probably help more than no filter at all.

If possible, I run carbon in the grow and hepa filters in the living area, they'll really help with the smell too.

B

Buddy Flowers

yea, a woman's nose can be a powerful thing so scrubbing the air is pretty much your only bet unless you feel like hearing about it from her for the rest of the cycle. how big is your pimp hand?

Dunge

Dunge

All quiet, no cloths pins required.

A small carbon filter in the grow corner seems to have quieted the storm. I only need a few more weeks. This is my first run with the AK48 and I don't wish to short change her. So much dark green vegetation driving several beautiful thickening flowers. This LST business is fantastic.
I brought her out to play. Here is a pic.

DSCN2863
H

HappyGrower

You also can go to your local home depot and pickup a gallon of odor killer. Or buy yourself a small Ozone generator online.

Take Care

Dunge

Dunge

Plant down! Plant down!

AK-48 is a stinker.
Not knowing any better, and being under the gun, I decided that it was time to harvest. Day 59, half the hairs are brown, and the tent was containing the smell, but not well enough.
Now the stink is in the garage, but drying is going nicely, and intensity is falling off quickly.
Yield looks good to me. The buds were thicker than I had feared, and I got high all day from what was scraped from my fingers.
Thanks to all my fellow farmers for your advise on this problem. In the end, it all worked out.

AK48 1
AK48 2
A

Albert

Without spending money there's probably not much you can do.......... and it will keep getting worse- so I'd just get rid of the wife!

I've been having this same issue with my wife for 20 years......... but the smell of green($) is often stronger than the smell of "Green".........

this is classic scripture..

lazarus718

lazarus718

Yeah dude, those Ona gels don't work that great either if you have some pungent stuff growing. I used them on my last grow and the smell still filled the house, only really effective solution is a carbon filter.

Top Bottom