The Trasher's Sunny Corner of Dank

• Thread starter Trash_2002
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Hello all, just finished my last 2x 600w HPS run, as this year incandescent bulbs are banned from my country and no more bulbs replacement to be found, this a new place now setup with LED Bars.
I've been growing since 2002, started all organic with living soil i made stood exclusively organic for 4 years then organic+synthetic for another 6 years + than coco for some runs, than peat/perlite for the rest of the time, I prefer peat/perlite because I like to be able to have 3-4 days free without have to be in the grow watering or watching irrigation. Never done hydro.
Celestial Dragon By Dragon Flames
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-4.jpg
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-8.jpg
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-7.jpg
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-6.jpg

Powerade by Lit Farms
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-5.jpg
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-10.jpg
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-11.jpg
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-9.jpg

Each Hanging Net Session has a diameter of 95cm, filled 4 of 6 sessions of it, and should yield around 2 pounds total (1kg), witch is the typical yield here with 2x600w HPS.

The new room setup
Fujitsu Inverter 1ton AC (everything is inside the same room, even drying, ROFL, so some compromises has to be done depending on the situation, it is what's it is for now :-)
One Dehumidifier 15L/Day
Two 1.2m2 with extended Height 2.20m Tents
Two Flexstar 645w LED Bars Lm301D (custom SE bars from Flexstar much cheaper and only 5% less efficient than 301h), they put out 900ppfd at 60cm witch is just perfect for my setup without co2
Nutrients: GH Floranova or Terra Aquatica Nova Max (whatever is available at the store, they are virtually the same tho), Big Bud Powder or Liquid (prefer powder but sometimes the store only has liquid), Great White Mycos.
Media Peat/Perlite 50/50
PH/EC Hanna Combo Tester calibrated monthly
Trying to control VPD for the flower tents the best i Can, i have a calibrated good IR gun in hands
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-12.jpg
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-13.jpg
One little cloning tent with a heating mat
Those are 10 Cheese Riders Clones i recued from a good Friend
The trashers sunny corner of 2023
One 1.2m2 tent for veg with 4 China Quantum Boards LM281b
They are ready to flower, 5 CD's and 5 PWR's, around 6 weeks veg
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-3.jpg
the-trashers-sunny-corner-of-2023-2.jpg

Now with Leds I hope to get 1g/w and the leds would pay for itself in the first run (they were freaking expensive in my country), in comparison to constant 0.8g/w with HPS i was getting before.
that's it, though I should share the progress here.
Sorry for shitty photos i use my cellphone for photos to make it easier.
everyone is welcome :-)
Cheers!

Last edited:
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Forgot to add..
i go with the rooted clones directly to 7L pots @250ppfd, my veg leds (4x 65w quantum boards) are fixed almost to the roof of the tent to give exactly this ppfd when i transplant the clones there. When they are ready to go to flower the ppfd is around 500-550

For flower i go to 18L pots and the leds are @100% power but raised to the max it can go (around 2m high) giving 550-600ppfd @canopy level after the transplant to flower, if my calculations are right after the stretch they will reach 900ppfd with the bars @ 60cm from the canopy, anything i can dim and/or lower lights if needed.

Last edited:
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

One thing that is insane with this led bars is when i was using HPS the center @50 cm from the canopy was giving me 1000ppfd (i always flowered at that height), but the corners of the tent would be 400ish ppfd

now with the led bars at 60cm from canopy it is at 900ppfd (witch will be my new target because full spectrum efficiency), but the corners are 625ppfd, thats fire!!! Huge increase, im sure yield will raise considerably.

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

transplanted them to flower today
lights @80% they are getting 500ppfd atm
super cropped ther 2 highest powerades to lag them a bit so the other can keep up

watered 4L per pot after the photos, i always water them with this ammount in flower my flower reservoir is 40L, this gives me around 25-30% runoff every watering witch i pump out from the trays to drain it to waste.

GH Floranova grow 1550us/cm Ph'd to 6.2 (this is my fixed ph for veg and flower the drifting is done naturally inside the media with the drybacks)
after regulating the ph added 2 oversized tsp of Great White

Celestial Dragons
20230531 081812

Powerades
20230531 085011

white balance is a little fucked but for next photos will make it better tho :-)
grow on ma girls lets see what this lights are up to.

Last edited:
B

BillyBanchan

One thing that is insane with this led bars is when i was using HPS the center @50 cm from the canopy was giving me 1000ppfd (i always flowered at that height), but the corners of the tent would be 400ish ppfd

now with the led bars at 60cm from canopy it is at 900ppfd (witch will be my new target because full spectrum efficiency), but the corners are 625ppfd, thats fire!!! Huge increase, im sure yield will raise considerably.

I had the same giddiness when I was measuring ppfd of my LEDs, too... And I'm coming from a 400 hps as well (27 years ago lol). I love your strategy of letting them stretch into an optimum ppfd value! 👍🏻

Do you save your DTW for outdoor plants or anything?

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

I had the same giddiness when I was measuring ppfd of my LEDs, too... And I'm coming from a 400 hps as well (27 years ago lol). I love your strategy of letting them stretch into an optimum ppfd value! 👍🏻

Do you save your DTW for outdoor plants or anything?

hehehe yep its crazy the light spread of those bars, penetration should be better too because of light coming from many more angles.

Runoff i pump it to the drain, not really the best practice i recon, but i already have a lot to do in my daily tasks i get "lazy", outdoor house plants in my house are all 100% organic amended so they get water only :-)

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Measured VPD of today:

Air Temp 25c
Leaf Temp 23c
RH 60%
VPD 0.91 kpa

will try to keep like this for the first week and will slowly up the temps and lower the RH during the flower.
It's seems to be much easier to control VPD with LED than with HPS, big difference so far.

Last edited:
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Count me in for the ride!! Looking healthy af in there! How ya liking the LED life so far?
Thanks mate! So far so good, finding much easier to maintain VPD with LEDs than HPS.
1 Day after transplant and super cropping, zero shock and they are already growing fast.

Other thing is I don't need to keep raising the damn light every few days lol,
this LEDs hold such high ppfd even maxed out out on height, that right there I love already.
What i hope is less stretch during flower phase, that would be a big plus for the LEDs too.

btw I already veg with cheap china LEDs for probably 5 years just never flowered with the big guns bar LEDs.

Last edited:
SchwiftyGrower

SchwiftyGrower

Supporter
Thanks mate! So far so good, finding much easier to maintain VPD with LEDs than HPS.
1 Day after transplant and super cropping, zero shock and they are already growing fast.

Other thing is I don't need to keep raising the damn light every few days lol,
this LEDs hold such high ppfd even maxed out out on height, that right there I love already.
What i hope is less stretch during flower phase, that would be a big plus for the LEDs too.

btw I already veg with cheap china LEDs for probably 5 years just never flowered with the big guns bar LEDs.
Hell yeah, LEDs have been a huge game changer. Getting back into the game I was really hesitant, but man are they amazing! You’ve really got a good foothold on your settings and environment, I’m gonna kick back and learn a few things :)

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Veg tent cleaned and ready to receive the Cheese Riders Clones (S1? bag seed) , waiting for roots to show.

Veg

3 Days 12/12

Feed'em today with EC 1750 uS/cm PH 6.2 - 40L - 4L/pot
Flora Nova Grow + Great White again, this is my "presoak" routine to really saturate that dry peat! now for the rest of the flower no more grow fert neither Great White.
In veg I use Great white every other week for the whole veg time.

PWR's

PWrs

CD's (have to finish drain their trays)

CDs

Last edited:
Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Lung Room extraction and filtering, when i mounted this i used what i had laying around unused lol double filtration extracting outside to the open world.

4inches inline vivosun extractor running at mid power, one 4" filter and another huge 6" filter (its the longest 6" available)
It's just to make very little negative pressure in the lung room so smells can't scape,
also to slowly replenish natural co2 levels.
Works pretty nice, no smells inside the house or outside.
Lung room extration

Harpua88

Harpua88

Supporter
transplanted them to flower today
lights @80% they are getting 500ppfd atm
super cropped ther 2 highest powerades to lag them a bit so the other can keep up

watered 4L per pot after the photos, i always water them with this ammount in flower my flower reservoir is 40L, this gives me around 25-30% runoff every watering witch i pump out from the trays to drain it to waste.

GH Floranova grow 1550us/cm Ph'd to 6.2 (this is my fixed ph for veg and flower the drifting is done naturally inside the media with the drybacks)
after regulating the ph added 2 oversized tsp of Great White

Celestial Dragons
View attachment 1987922
Powerades
View attachment 1987923

white balance is a little fucked but for next photos will make it better tho :-)
grow on ma girls lets see what this lights are up to.
Good enough pics. Very healthy. You got them dialed in. :)

Trash_2002

Trash_2002

Very nice setup.
Thanks, it's a limited setup when everything has to be done inside one room only, i wish I had another two rooms available one only veg and another one only drying/curing.
I hate using tents for flowering, much prefer open room flowering.
Tents to veg are ok tho easier and compact.

Top Bottom