The Uk Awesome Member And Growers Thread

• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JGreenGiant

i got a book called the beginners photography guide on amazon, very basic, just what i needed. I wouldn't fork out on a macro lens immediately pal.
Agreed on the macro but for any of you shooting a canon and interested in a macro lens, this looks interesting. I cant vouch for it but thought Id share anyway...... Macro lens

Toaster79

Toaster79

Agreed on the macro but for any of you shooting a canon and interested in a macro lens, this looks interesting. I cant vouch for it but thought Id share anyway...... Macro lens

I wouldn't waste my money on those even £119. I've got me a Tamron 70-300 with 1:2 macro option (ok the suggested lens is 1:1) and is simply useless in any aspect. After a few days got me the slightly more expensive version of the same lens with VC and no macro and the difference is 100:1. Still need to shoot at f8 and RAW if I want to crop the pic and ise what's left but still.

As for the DSLR macro lenses, I wouldn't bother with anything shorter than 105mm.

So far I'm stuck with 40mm 1:1 and I almost need to tuch the plant with the front element to take a shot.

Toaster79

Toaster79

i got a book called the beginners photography guide on amazon, very basic, just what i needed. I wouldn't fork out on a macro lens immediately pal.

And looks like you're learning. Might also consider an off camera flash. The camera flash you're using now is being cut off by the lens at the bottom. You can find one for around £60-70 on amazon that will work just fine.

Limonene

Limonene

And looks like you're learning. Might also consider an off camera flash. The camera flash you're using now is being cut off by the lens at the bottom. You can find one for around £60-70 on amazon that will work just fine.
I got a cheap as fuck ring flash but it/me doesn't work properly. Will definitely get a decent off camera flash soon. You got any recommendations for a half decent flash for a canon?

Limonene

Limonene

@Toaster79 do you think my bud pics would benefit more from a ring flash or just a regular on camera flash with slave option?

Toaster79

Toaster79

I got a cheap as fuck ring flash but it/me doesn't work properly. Will definitely get a decent off camera flash soon. You got any recommendations for a half decent flash for a canon?

The ring flash will depend on lens size and distance from the subject. Yours being a knock off probably doesn't pack enough punch.

I've got me this one and works better than I expected.

Toaster79

Toaster79

@Toaster79 do you think my bud pics would benefit more from a ring flash or just a regular on camera flash with slave option?

Ring flash is only for macro work. Use a speedlight but don't point it directly on your subject. Have it bounce from the walls/ceiling instead or use a diffuser.

G gnome

G gnome

Got a bunch of gg4 in the cloner atm....gonna be a lotta stakin goin on in that row hahah

Guys, do u have a hard time comprehending my writing? I just kinda try ta type how i talk as well as save time.......had a guy on here say i sound like an idiot hahs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom