The Uk Awesome Member And Growers Thread

• Thread starter ghettogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
mancdank

mancdank

It is alien that's made this system and patented it, although it's no there RDWC system
I know bro it's more of a auto pot system I have done a little looking into me personally think that system u shown is over priced but the feed is automated for the money that will cost I could get u a iws :)

R3LaX

R3LaX

Been a naughty boy lately n been feeding my soil with just nutes (I know salt build up) with heavy nutes one feed n very small next feed say per 2ltr 1ml of flower .25calmal n a few drops of silica to balance out the ph n I've not seen any problems just impressive growth so I'll see how that goes think with just the traces in the second feeding it's pushing out alot of the salt n I'm at day 17 of flowering with no issues...yet

mancdank

mancdank

Been a naughty boy lately n been feeding my soil with just nutes (I know salt build up) with heavy nutes one feed n very small next feed say per 2ltr 1ml of flower .25calmal n a few drops of silica to balance out the ph n I've not seen any problems just impressive growth so I'll see how that goes think with just the traces in the second feeding it's pushing out alot of the salt n I'm at day 17 of flowering with no issues...yet
Just watch for your leaves getting dark and leathery :) some strains like a lot of nutes but some are real fickle bitches :)

R3LaX

R3LaX

These girls love a good feeding been adding mono N on top of the flowering nutes n calmag n they fucking love it...tips showed the smallest sign of 2 much nutes(which has ceased progressing) but I only add that much N after I flip for the growth spurt so next feeding they'll only be getting flowering nutes,calmag n maybe silica then after that small doses of N when needed.

Green Team

Green Team

I know bro it's more of a auto pot system I have done a little looking into me personally think that system u shown is over priced but the feed is automated for the money that will cost I could get u a iws :)

See the iws 12 pot system, do you think I would get away with the 12 pots in a 1.2 X 2.4 ? If I put the nutrient tank and the brain outside the tent?

G T

mancdank

mancdank

See the iws 12 pot system, do you think I would get away with the 12 pots in a 1.2 X 2.4 ? If I put the nutrient tank and the brain outside the tent? They would defo fit but u would get away with just 8 if needed they grow real quick and don't let em get too big in veg before flipping :)

G T

Desertboy

Desertboy

These suckers are 1.2m Sq and are only £50 they total fold away so can get through loft hatches and are East to get in and put of places that might be a little difficult with any other hydro system :)

They are pretty good if I wanted to go horizontal I would be tempted to buy one of these and excellent value for money to boot. Another great hydro system for attics are aquafarms which fit perfectly through attic hatches. Autopots will also work BUT autopots can get sticky valves which will dump the entire contents of the reservoir through your attic ceiling lol so it's still a good idea to have some form of overflow protection.

That vertical costs £180 for 30 pots so not so competitive when you add drippers, water pump and trays it gets more pricey, going through the loft hatch is a biggie my mate has his vertical (Same system but he donuts his in a 1.8m*1.8m*1.2m box in the attic which I find hilarious lol as you try working with 4 foot head height and a full circle of plants lol normally he can't even see the light. He had to use a crazy arrangement of garland trays with taps fitted into each one so they fit through the attic hatch and runs all that to the overflow tank overflow so it drains straight into his outside gutter pipes and into the sewers. My mate uses fytocell and everything is drippered to waste. He grows 24 plants under a 1 kw we both gave up trying to work out the actual grow area lol.

I would love to pics but my friend has forbid me from taking photo's, his grow are the reason I grow vertically and think I always will I so want to go full circle lol maybe after the summer I'll build myself a 2m*2m*2.4m ply grow room with celotex and do one over the winter as I couldn't face what my mate does lol.

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

Sounds like a ball ache having the giant water thing n a pump for the drip...I'd nearly rather feeding everyday

Also when growing hydro if you make the feed up daily and use all of it then the risk of root infection is almost zero which is worth bearing in mind for summer growers who have pythium problems.

R3LaX

R3LaX

Yeah I've always mixed my nutes an hour before feeding in soil n I've gotten to a stage where I can get it all done pretty fast so ive no reason not to..more I think about it the more fun it sounds especially seeing so much growth every day, heck I've been at it a while now n still can't wait for the lights to turn on N check on my girls...speaking of girls imma take a few more clones today as I'm uncertaint whether or not all have rooted n I've only one cheese bukakke in there n I think she's gonna be great n I've two variations of the dbxl so just so I don't kick myself when I harvest imma take more clones for safety.

Desertboy

Desertboy

See the iws 12 pot system, do you think I would get away with the 12 pots in a 1.2 X 2.4 ? If I put the nutrient tank and the brain outside the tent?

G T

I would think 9 a better fit in a 1.2m tent or 4 and veg a couple of weeks as then each plant has exactly the same space to grow into. Never used an IWS but I assume flood and drain is probably as quick as DWC for growing. I modded my aquafarm into a DWC/MPB hybrid heath robinson stylee.

I'm growing in soil and with 3 days veg and with 3 plants more than you but covering 50% more growing area and I realised I vegged 3 days too many lol so I would think with and IWS with 9 plants should need only to be hardened off in the IWS and then immediately flower maybe 2 days.

e2a: I misread I thought 1.2m*1.2m sorry my bad I agree 8 is the best option and 1-2 weeks veg

Sorry :(

Last edited:
Desertboy

Desertboy

mancdank do you have a link you can PM me I might buy one them for the base reservoir to put my vertical on for recirc next time if I don't upgrade the tent and donut it.

Will need to upgrade pump though so it can pump the height for the drippers.

mancdank

mancdank

Yeah I've always mixed my nutes an hour before feeding in soil n I've gotten to a stage where I can get it all done pretty fast so ive no reason not to..more I think about it the more fun it sounds especially seeing so much growth every day, heck I've been at it a while now n still can't wait for the lights to turn on N check on my girls...speaking of girls imma take a few more clones today as I'm uncertaint whether or not all have rooted n I've only one cheese bukakke in there n I think she's gonna be great n I've two variations of the dbxl so just so I don't kick myself when I harvest imma take more clones for safety.
I always fill a day before using as most of my nutes are semi sythentic as in they have living organisms in there in fact if they know it or not most people use these types of food if this is the case chances are your killing most of what is costing u so much money the thing is the water board put chems in the water to kill any nasties but it also kills the goodies too changing your water every day imo is over kill I usually change my tank once a week no matter what time of year it is for several reasons what I will say is keep your eye on the temp of your water maybe look at ways to keep it cool if it's got really hot I've been known to throw bags of ice cubes in my tank each day that was with nft though and there a pain on the ass anyway the thing with dumping all that water each day also is your nutes bill most hydro systems need a set amount of water to operate this could be in the 100s of litres so u can see unless u own a nute factory or have serious shares in 1 in could cost u more for food than u get from your crop :) certainly a lot more expensive than a couple of bags of ice each week when it gets that high which in the UK if that's where u are isn't for very long :)

R3LaX

R3LaX

I always fill a day before using as most of my nutes are semi sythentic as in they have living organisms in there in fact if they know it or not most people use these types of food if this is the case chances are your killing most of what is costing u so much money the thing is the water board put chems in the water to kill any nasties but it also kills the goodies too changing your water every day imo is over kill I usually change my tank once a week no matter what time of year it is for several reasons what I will say is keep your eye on the temp of your water maybe look at ways to keep it cool if it's got really hot I've been known to throw bags of ice cubes in my tank each day that was with nft though and there a pain on the ass anyway the thing with dumping all that water each day also is your nutes bill most hydro systems need a set amount of water to operate this could be in the 100s of litres so u can see unless u own a nute factory or have serious shares in 1 in could cost u more for food than u get from your crop :) certainly a lot more expensive than a couple of bags of ice each week when it gets that high which in the UK if that's where u are isn't for very long :)
I use canna nutes n I let my water sit out for 24 hours but add the nutes an hour before feeding..dunno how that would harm anything I just don't like the idea of my ph swinging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom